SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 20 April 2019, 18:36
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
I had Ostrich once.....thought the meat would be like turkey but it actually was like a steak. Same color/texture
Me, too. Good stuff. Murder Burger near Sacramento/Davis area. 20 years ago so not sure if the place still exists or not.
Old Yesterday, 20:17
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0331 View Post
We've got them running wild in the jungle here in Papua. Even though the company has built a modern town in the lowlands (paved streets, sidewalks, UG electric, etc.) you still occasionally see Cassowaries pop out of the jungle & cruise out in the open along the roads, etc. We always give them a wide berth if on foot.

Ayep.

They can be a real problem at Land Warfare Centre Tully. Scrub is so thick (think jungle) that you can have one of them 6 feet away and not see it until the fucker is on top of you. Kind of like the scene from Jurassic Park.

According to the locals, they get real aggressive for about 4 weeks of the year when the eggs are in the nest. Supposedly take on and kill wild dogs and pigs that would otherwise eat the eggs.

Most of the rest of the time they will fade away into the scrub and you'll never see them. That 4 week period? Don't run any courses...

Definitely on the "Do not fuck with" list.
Old Yesterday, 20:44
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Me, too. Good stuff. Murder Burger near Sacramento/Davis area. 20 years ago so not sure if the place still exists or not.
Are you thinking about the one that was small an only had seats for about 5 or 6 individuals. The bathroom was out side.
Old Yesterday, 21:26
Been There Done That

I never heard of this bird until this story. Mmmm. Should be an episode of 1000 Ways to Die. But it is Florida. There are worse deaths. Like getting swallowed up in a sinkhole while asleep in your bed.

Karl Childers
Old Yesterday, 22:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I never heard of this bird until this story. Mmmm. Should be an episode of 1000 Ways to Die. But it is Florida. There are worse deaths. Like getting swallowed up in a sinkhole while asleep in your bed.
or "falling" into a meat grinder

woman-killed-after-falling-into-meat-grinder-at-food-processing-plant
Old Today, 06:59
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
The bad guys from Bone Tomahawk have had 150 years to modernize.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules