Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 21 April 2017, 01:01
Confirmed User

British Police and a man with a Knife

I'm not sure I would immediately use deadly force but this is somewhat ridiculous. I thought most British Police Officers had Tasers?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTNZfR4dNw
Old 21 April 2017, 02:54
Ne Obliviscaris

I guess the Brits are slowly coming to the realization that police with firearms can and do solve problems. I won't hold my breath though. Their mindset may be too far gone.
https://www.rt.com/uk/385393-police-...rry-terrorism/
Old 21 April 2017, 09:28
It is what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSchooldropout View Post
I'm not sure I would immediately use deadly force but this is somewhat ridiculous. I thought most British Police Officers had Tasers?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTNZfR4dNw
I don't believe British law enforcement have ever used anything but a knight stick. AFAIK, gun issues in Britain are practically non-existent. But don't quote me on that because I could be wrong. I went to the Bahamas Nov of last year, and their police officers looked like just like those of ones in Britain. It seemed that only the Sergeant ranks and above had firearms, and they were pretty much just tiny revolvers.
Old 21 April 2017, 11:49
Did...did I do that?

There's also this incident, in London six years ago.

https://youtu.be/cX5CPx4RKWw?t=3m19s
Old 21 April 2017, 11:51
Confirmed User

That is just ridiculous.
Old 21 April 2017, 15:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletAim View Post
I don't believe British law enforcement have ever used anything but a knight stick.
Historically, the British police were allowed to carry weapons if desired, but few did and if they did it was almost always under their coats. Plenty of history on the Internet about this. Also, there are tons of AFOs and SFOs in GB now. Usually the more populous the area, the higher the percentage of armed officers. Heathrow Airport officers and MOD officers are almost all armed.
Quote:
AFAIK, gun issues in Britain are practically non-existent.
They have them, you just don't hear much but them. That's why the number of armed officers has been slowly been increasing.
Quote:
But don't quote me on that because I could be wrong.
Old 21 April 2017, 15:42
Social Claymore

Fucktarded

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 21 April 2017, 17:13
The atomic zit

One would think 11 police officers with Bobby sticks could handles one man with a knife, who knows; not me as I am not a police officer.

The 30 v. 1 was piculated to hell. I quit watching before I got a headache.
Old 21 April 2017, 17:15
Authorized Personnel

Loved the Benny Hill music.
Old 21 April 2017, 19:37
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
One would think 11 police officers with Bobby sticks could handles one man with a knife, who knows; not me as I am not a police officer.

While I agree 11 dudes with sticks should be able beat the knife holder into submission, using an intermediate force opinion againist a lethal force option is bad business.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 21 April 2017, 21:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
While I agree 11 dudes with sticks should be able beat the knife holder into submission, using an intermediate force opinion againist a lethal force option is bad business.
Because even with 11 dudes, someone is going to probably get cut bad. And nobody wants to be the one that "takes the hit for the team". Get in close, even at baton range, with a knife and one wrong move and you are cut bad or even worse. Knives scare me big time, unless I am at a good distance away and have a way to neutralize the attack without hands on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 21 April 2017, 21:34
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
My comment was based on UK and their SOP.

Intermediate v lethal is not my business, work/job wise.

S
Old 21 April 2017, 21:56
Confirmed User

"Hello, I'd like to volunteer for the position that supports the society that would prefer I use a colostomy bag for the next 60 years because junior only had one too many"
Old 21 April 2017, 22:20
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Because even with 11 dudes, someone is going to probably get cut bad. And nobody wants to be the one that "takes the hit for the team". Get in close, even at baton range, with a knife and one wrong move and you are cut bad or even worse. Knives scare me big time, unless I am at a good distance away and have a way to neutralize the attack without hands on.
Same. Any cutting/stabby objects(glass, knife, ice pick) scares the shit out of me to me too. The ability to conceal and strike quickly....

Old 22 April 2017, 17:05
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

One would think so, if one was willing to gamble their life and good health on it. I'm not, and I'm secure enough in my ego that I don't feel the need to test my H2H at that level.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 22 April 2017, 17:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
One would think so, if one was willing to gamble their life and good health on it. I'm not, and I'm secure enough in my ego that I don't feel the need to test my H2H at that level.
Yep. You can be the best martial artist, best trained in H2H man on the planet...but, the opponent has a knife and you do not, you are the one with the severe disadvantage.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 22 April 2017, 18:07
Authorized Personnel

No golfers in England? 9 iron that bitch.

Last edited by Gsniper; 22 April 2017 at 18:18.
Old 22 April 2017, 19:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Yep. You can be the best martial artist, best trained in H2H man on the planet...but, the opponent has a knife and you do not, you are the one with the severe disadvantage.
No one escapes a knife fight uncut.
Old 22 April 2017, 23:44
Confirmed User

You're all way off base. The internets told me knives aren't that dangerous. If they (suspects) don't have a gun then cops need to get their ninja on...
Old 23 April 2017, 00:12
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
No he still is. #pewpewpew
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth

Our new posting rules