SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 31 August 2020, 07:18
Been There Done That

SEAL Probation PQS/JQRs

Asking a favor. If folks know the following could they please DM me?

Actual day and/or year that probation and boards were ended?
(I get mixed dates)

Reasoning behind ending probation and boards?
(I get mixed reasons, but would like the official one)

Arguments against having probation and oral boards back in order to get your NECx?
(Doing this as a kind of murder board/red team)

Reasoning behind these questions are that I am going to try to ask for probation to be re-instituted again. Basic idea is you check into the team, you have until the end of ULT to get your JQRs signed off and then at some point in TGIT you take your oral boards. One board will be for knowledge, one for scenarios/ethics. If you do not want to put that on the thread, please just DM me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 3 September 2020, 03:14
Been There Done That

No one has any input or opinions on this?
Old 3 September 2020, 04:36
Administrator

I think you are wasting your time. This is ancient history. If you are looking for background and official rational of the changes made, check with WARCOM. Are you still in the Reserves? If so check with your CMC.
Old 5 September 2020, 12:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
I think you are wasting your time. This is ancient history. If you are looking for background and official rational of the changes made, check with WARCOM. Are you still in the Reserves? If so check with your CMC.
It is not a done deal, Green was already looking at it and it has a lot of support of from the CMC's. I have been back on AD for over a decade now, I am pretty tied into what is going on. I get that you think it is a waste of time, but I do think it will make a difference and the rational for letting it go was pretty weak. The main reason it was not reinstated was due to fear of losing people as they were trying to expand by 40% across SOF. I get that some think it is a bit like sisyphus, but I think it will be better for the community in the long run if it comes back into play. Have to at least try.
Old 12 September 2020, 01:14
Been There Done That

I seriously miss the whole probation period. We've completely lost our humility in the Teams, and it shows in all the news reports, self-promoting books, and discipline cases involving remarkably few--but amplified out of proportion. Our guys are as good or better than we ever were, but I'd love to see the spotlight shift somewhere else.
Old 20 September 2020, 09:10
Get Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident86 View Post
I seriously miss the whole probation period. We've completely lost our humility in the Teams, and it shows in all the news reports, self-promoting books, and discipline cases involving remarkably few--but amplified out of proportion. Our guys are as good or better than we ever were, but I'd love to see the spotlight shift somewhere else.
Did SQT exist in the days in the days when you guys had the probationary period, or did SQT replace that part of the pipeline? How did the probationary period contribute to the overall humility of the Teams?
Old 20 September 2020, 21:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident86 View Post
Excellent post.
Old 21 September 2020, 20:47
Chlorox Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
Excellent post.
Agreed.

Our new posting rules