SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 September 2020, 22:49
This Is The Way

Although I very rarely watch any mainstream news these days, my buddy asked me to check out the Tucker Carlson interview tonight with Darren Beattie - where they discussed the "Color Revolution" as a Deep State playbook led in part by former Obama official Norm Eisen. I am reading some of the referenced material - posted here: (https://www.revolver.news/2020/09/me...esident-trump/) - and it sure is a compelling perspective. There is a mountain of info to sift through in this article.

I have never seen this web site before. Seems legit to me. Any other experiences with this site? And/or thoughts on this Eisen dude, and the Color Revolution playbook, etc.? From what I have read so far - this sure looks like the blueprint for the shit going down right now, and over the past 4 years.
Old 15 September 2020, 23:52
Reverse Apache Master

Stephanopolous played loose with the statistics/data during tonight's town hall, saying "Blacks are 3 times more likely to be killed by police. That's a systemic problem. What are you going to do about it?"

The only instance where "they're 3 times more likely to be killed by police" is if you take the raw numbers and weight them based on % of the population. But then, you'd have to acknowledge that a very small percentage of the population (13% black, call it 6.5% black male, and whatever % of that 6.5% that is between 14ish-45ish) commits more than 50% of all violent crimes, are far more likely to have a violent encounter with police, etc., etc.

In fact, when you control variables, blacks are actually LESS likely to be shot by police. Something like 24% less likely.

A Harvard economics professor (they're good with stats/data), who is black himself, called it the most surprising conclusion of his career.

A Michigan State study showed that...wait for it...violent crime is the strongest predictor of being shot by the police. So in counties where minorities commit the most violent crimes, Hispanics are 3.x times more likely than whites to be shot by police and blacks are 3.7 times more likely to be shot by police.

So if they commit > 50% of the violent crimes, then yeah, they get shot at a higher rate.

It ain't rocket science, but these people throw out statistics with zero context and the morons of society lap it up.

Asking the President a question like that stipulates a falsehood as true, then puts him into the position of either calling bullshit or explaining how he's going to fix a problem that doesn't exist (at least not with the implied causation of racism).

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fr...es_figures.pdf
Old 16 September 2020, 02:41
Red Headed Stepchild

Disregard

Last edited by hawkdrver; 16 September 2020 at 02:56.
Old 16 September 2020, 04:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Stephanopolous played loose with the statistics/data during tonight's town hall, saying "Blacks are 3 times more likely to be killed by police. That's a systemic problem. What are you going to do about it?"

The only instance where "they're 3 times more likely to be killed by police" is if you take the raw numbers and weight them based on % of the population. But then, you'd have to acknowledge that a very small percentage of the population (13% black, call it 6.5% black male, and whatever % of that 6.5% that is between 14ish-45ish) commits more than 50% of all violent crimes, are far more likely to have a violent encounter with police, etc., etc.

In fact, when you control variables, blacks are actually LESS likely to be shot by police. Something like 24% less likely.

A Harvard economics professor (they're good with stats/data), who is black himself, called it the most surprising conclusion of his career.

A Michigan State study showed that...wait for it...violent crime is the strongest predictor of being shot by the police. So in counties where minorities commit the most violent crimes, Hispanics are 3.x times more likely than whites to be shot by police and blacks are 3.7 times more likely to be shot by police.

So if they commit > 50% of the violent crimes, then yeah, they get shot at a higher rate.

It ain't rocket science, but these people throw out statistics with zero context and the morons of society lap it up.

Asking the President a question like that stipulates a falsehood as true, then puts him into the position of either calling bullshit or explaining how he's going to fix a problem that doesn't exist (at least not with the implied causation of racism).

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fr...es_figures.pdf
Don’t try to confuse liberals with the facts.
Old 16 September 2020, 04:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I'm willing to tolerate any number of his outburst until somebody better comes along, like IDK, maybe Tucker Carlson, who has become so based it boggles my mind.
Sen. Tom Cotton 2024.

Airborne/Ranger qualified infantry officer with tours in Iraq/Afghan. Harvard Law school. He has been slamming the left relentlessly and taking a major stand against China.
Old 16 September 2020, 05:41
Confirmed User

I have always been a fan of Tom Cotton and would support him if he ran in 2024.

He is not afraid to stand and voice his beliefs and he calls a duck a duck and not afraid of the backlash especially when slamming the snowflakes and SJW

I once saw a quote that said his "foreign policy views have been characterized as "hawkish". I laughed.
Old 16 September 2020, 06:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Don’t try to confuse liberals with the facts.
Liberals “Feel”, Conservatives “Determine”.

Big difference in the approach. I was reading an article not too long ago in which the author essentially made the case that depending on which side of your brain you predominantly use is going to effect your political views. The article didn’t strike me as pseudoscience. There is something to it.

Had a conversation yesterday with a friend about the election. Smart woman, well traveled, has a career in national security. She hates Trump because “I feel he hates women and is racist”. And then she “feels he doesn’t do a good job at (insert five more major issues)”. When I asked her why Biden is better it was all the same “I feel he is _____”.

It is all about emotion for the left. The facts that I calmly injected into the conversation to rebuke the BS she was convinced of didn’t have any effect besides upsetting her (more feels).

For the right it’s all about the results. The approach couldn’t be more bifurcated. Trump has to reach a lot of the “feels” crowd that isn’t feeling too good about Biden in order to pull this one off. If he alienates them by being too crass it could cost him dearly in the election.
Old 16 September 2020, 06:27
Been There Done That

There's something to this because I've determined I'll never vote for the left so I can always be right.
Old 16 September 2020, 09:58
Reverse Apache Master

This is a perfect example of what some have mentioned before regarding POTUS' use of Twitter. I'm sure part of his trolling is just fucking with people, but more often than not, he does it for a specific reason.

Not only is his re-tweet fucking hilarious, but it forced Twitter to label it as "manipulated/false" and then show the real video - which is even more cringeworthy.

Hell, he can even go a step further with it by claiming he didn't know it was manipulated "since Biden/Harris have literally encouraged people to donate money to groups who post bail for people who attack police."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...300997632?s=20. (NSFW - turn the volume down due to a couple of cuss words)
Old 16 September 2020, 10:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post

Big difference in the approach. I was reading an article not too long ago in which the author essentially made the case that depending on which side of your brain you predominantly use is going to effect your political views. The article didn’t strike me as pseudoscience. There is something to it.

Had a conversation yesterday with a friend about the election. Smart woman, well traveled, has a career in national security. She hates Trump because “I feel he hates women and is racist”. And then she “feels he doesn’t do a good job at (insert five more major issues)”. When I asked her why Biden is better it was all the same “I feel he is _____”.

It is all about emotion for the left. The facts that I calmly injected into the conversation to rebuke the BS she was convinced of didn’t have any effect besides upsetting her (more feels).

For the right it’s all about the results. The approach couldn’t be more bifurcated. Trump has to reach a lot of the “feels” crowd that isn’t feeling too good about Biden in order to pull this one off. If he alienates them by being too crass it could cost him dearly in the election.
The one thing I learned when I attend grad school in NOVA was "smart" people are fucking idiots.

"When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival." - Billy Jack
Old 16 September 2020, 11:05
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
You strike me as some kind of 20 something self-righteous LOLbertarian. It's kind of annoying. I mean "Seeking Truth"? So gay. People stop seeking truth when they are like 21 and the real world smacks them in the mouth.

The President is a dick, and most of us don't care
. Most of us are dicks, in case you haven't noticed. All I care about is his Nationalism, Isolationism, hostility to free-trade and Globalism and alliances with weak western European cultures. And his naked opposition to cultural Marxism. I'm willing to tolerate any number of his outburst until somebody better comes along, like IDK, maybe Tucker Carlson, who has become so based it boggles my mind.

Good point/s.

I'd add Peace. Peaceful men are a patient bunch. There are a ton of them (patient men) here and those also know a ton more.

But in the politico spectrum peaceful men are hard to find.

Our President Wins. And to me at least, I think winning looks like peace.

Additionally I think this *peaceful-men* motif carries over to the looting thread.

*Victims* Hate Winners.
Old 16 September 2020, 12:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
The one thing I learned when I attend grad school in NOVA was "smart" people are fucking idiots.
The problem is everyone is convinced that because they went to a certain school that they're smarter than everyone else and know better.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 16 September 2020, 12:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
The problem is everyone is convinced that because they went to a certain school that they're smarter than everyone else and know better.
Well it is true for Purdue graduates.
Old 16 September 2020, 13:31
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
well, when you go to the school of hard knocks and graduate with an advanced degree in common sense, you pretty much are smarter than everybody else and know better...

and from what I've read on these forums, many of you who comment here have done that.
Old 16 September 2020, 15:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
This is a perfect example of what some have mentioned before regarding POTUS' use of Twitter. I'm sure part of his trolling is just fucking with people, but more often than not, he does it for a specific reason.

Not only is his re-tweet fucking hilarious, but it forced Twitter to label it as "manipulated/false" and then show the real video - which is even more cringeworthy.

Hell, he can even go a step further with it by claiming he didn't know it was manipulated "since Biden/Harris have literally encouraged people to donate money to groups who post bail for people who attack police."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...300997632?s=20. (NSFW - turn the volume down due to a couple of cuss words)
the latin response https://twitter.com/i/status/1306268390613561354 and with no cuss words
Old 16 September 2020, 15:27
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
the latin response https://twitter.com/i/status/1306268390613561354 and with no cuss words
I saw the translation this morning and laughed my ass off. It's like Trump is running Biden's campaign or something.
Old 16 September 2020, 15:28
BTDT

So...
now that Twitter had to "truth check" the retweet, the lyrics of the song that Uncle Joe played at the podium are simply priceless...

"Slowly -I wanna breathe your neck slowly"

Boy-oh-boy you just cant make this shit up! That is the funniest thing I have seen all week.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 16 September 2020, 15:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Sen. Tom Cotton 2024.

Airborne/Ranger qualified infantry officer with tours in Iraq/Afghan. Harvard Law school. He has been slamming the left relentlessly and taking a major stand against China.
Not a big fan. Warmonger. Other than that he’s fine but constant conflict as an unofficial plank of the Republican party has got to go.
Old 16 September 2020, 16:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
JMHO, I would submit this is situational based upon the orientation of values or norms; feelings (intuition, gut feel...) mediate every decision - the question from my perspective - does one go into the second step and modulate those feelings through constructive thought? I would agree that when perceptual realities override practical ones in a post-modernist's wet dream, the scales are imbalanced.

In my limited observations, on topics of values/norms that are important to people - the emotional connection to them runs deep across any socio-political spectrum. For example, having walked some of the industrial graveyards across the country, can't help but evoke a feeling and empathy for those that worked in those places at the height of our industrial might, a sense of hopelessness that sinks into those communities, and the effects of that (say the drug epidemic with people medicating their way out of the destruction of dignified work). That, for me, is an emotional thread that I attempt to modulate through introspection and learning; only speaking for myself.

The phenomenon of Trump is an ignition switch for many, as he may represent either their hopes/dreams to reclaim that sense of dignity or their worst nightmare - both have an emotional appeal; the POTUS is expressive, and one of the reasons he charismatically connects with folks. In some ways, he is the psychological mirror or shadow for folks. It's why some struggle to make meaning of him.

Where this clashes IMO is the reciprocity of the feeling on those values/norms. What conservatives and liberals value, hence "feel" about is further diverging from each other. As such, socially it presents a fundamental dilemma. Feelings (emotions) and constructive thoughts/facts (respective determinations) are flying past each other, in more mutually exclusive ways.

I fully admit I can be off here - an opinion not a position. YMMV.
Old 18 September 2020, 23:15
Confirmed User

So does the death of Ginsburg help or hurt the Presidents chances for re-election?

If McConnel can’t gaurentee a successor before the election (I don’t think he can) seems like this could hurt the President. I think there’s a lot of people who usually vote democrat who wouldn’t have voted this year but might now.

It’s one thing for President Trump to likely get a third SCOTUS nominee, and another for it to be a certainty. This should bring more people to vote for him too...but I’d say there’s a lot of dem voters who’ll show up now.

Makes the senate races even more important too.

Our new posting rules