SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 31 August 2017, 20:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
2019, WTH..
That was my reaction too.

Supposedy, HBO is also considering a spinoff, or spinoffs.
Old 1 September 2017, 16:20
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

At this point, I really don't give a damn how the whole thing ends. I like the show, but it's like they're now racing to the finish. Treating the series like it was now a 100 yard dash after 6 seasons of a marathon.
Old 4 January 2018, 18:24
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Looks like I've got over a year to become even less interested in this series sprint to the finish. The final episodes won't be airing until sometime in 2019.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...104-story.html
Old 4 January 2018, 18:49
Confirmed User

Yes, there are only 6 episodes for the final season, but it sounds like each one will be feature film length, and they will be filming until summer of 18, then comes post production, and CGI time......
Old 4 January 2018, 19:23
Been There Done That

I think it'll be worth the wait...in the end, the white walker king, undead fucker with the blue sword guy will be Jon's father. Darth Vader style...
Old 7 May 2018, 08:31
Confirmed User

The Mountain just won the World’s Strongest Man competition.

Quote:
The Mountain” now is also the 2018 World’s Strongest Man.

“Game of Thrones” actor Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson took part in the 2018 World’s Strongest Man competition in the Philippines -- his seventh consecutive time participating in the event, Barbend reported.

Björnsson himself shared a photo of him standing on the podium on social media over the weekend. The 6-foot-9 and 397-pound athlete and actor is the first to win the World's Strongest Man, Europe's Strongest Man and the Arnold Strongman Classic competitions in the same calendar year.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/07/game-thrones-star-named-2018-worlds-strongest-man.html
Old 4 January 2019, 12:22
Life is simple, not easy.

I read the first four books (stopped reading after that because the author broke his promise of more books), and I think I watched season 1 when it first came out, but I never continued the series because I am not willing to pay a high DirectTV bill. But last year I negotiated with them for a lower bill and they threw in 6 mos free HBO.

Last week HBO ran the entire series from the beginning so I DVR'd all 7 seasons.

So I binged watched GoT this week and am now on S6 E8. This is by far the best series I have ever watched, and I have watched all the top shows - Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, The Americans, Oz, ect... - and none of them come close to this epic.

The dragons are cool, the nightwalkers are cool, many of the bad ass characters are women, and the effects are very cool. S8 comes out in April and the final 6 episodes are supposed to be 90 mins long.

I will wrap up S6 and S7 by tomorrow and I wouldn't mind watching the series again, it is that good. I am hooked.
Old 4 January 2019, 13:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
I read the first four books (stopped reading after that because the author broke his promise of more books), and I think I watched season 1 when it first came out, but I never continued the series because I am not willing to pay a high DirectTV bill. But last year I negotiated with them for a lower bill and they threw in 6 mos free HBO.

Last week HBO ran the entire series from the beginning so I DVR'd all 7 seasons.

So I binged watched GoT this week and am now on S6 E8. This is by far the best series I have ever watched, and I have watched all the top shows - Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, The Americans, Oz, ect... - and none of them come close to this epic.

The dragons are cool, the nightwalkers are cool, many of the bad ass characters are women, and the effects are very cool. S8 comes out in April and the final 6 episodes are supposed to be 90 mins long.

I will wrap up S6 and S7 by tomorrow and I wouldn't mind watching the series again, it is that good. I am hooked.
I agree...top in my book as well.
Old 4 January 2019, 14:51
Confirmed User

Quote:

The first 3 books were great and you were right to stop after the 4th. Book 5 was a borefest that did nothing to advance the plot. It's also been out 7 years and there's still no release date for the next one.

After S8, they'll be making prequels and other stories, similar to what Disney has done with Star Wars.
Old 5 January 2019, 02:56

Now I know where this meme came from. Epic battle scene.

Tosses his belt to the left and squares up the few he is taking with him.
Attached Images
File Type: gif jonsword.gif (1.93 MB, 131 views)
Old 5 January 2019, 03:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Book 5 was a borefest that did nothing to advance the plot. It's also been out 7 years and there's still no release date for the next one.
I read 75 pages of book 5 out of curiosity but I knew we would never get books 6-7 that he promised, and this was a year before he starting talking to HBO, so I knew his writing was finished. Good writer though, books 1-4 were great and the promise of more was welcome. But HBO did a tremendous job with seasons 1-7.
Old 5 January 2019, 16:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Book 5 was a borefest that did nothing to advance the plot.
Yep, I flicked through most of book 5 out of boredom.
Old 7 January 2019, 13:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
If you ever drop satellite or cable again, just get the HBO Now app. You can watch any series HBO series on demand without having to DVR.

Our new posting rules