SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 25 April 2012, 23:12
hunteran hunteran is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oahu
Posts: 495
Anyone been watching the latest season? So far its pretty damn good, setting up for some interesting events. And damn, Tyrion is on a ROLE, Peter Dinklage totally nails the part.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 26 April 2012, 03:08
Xdeth's Avatar
Xdeth Xdeth is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,716
I have but solely due to the acting, if you haven't read or listened ahead to the audio books don't.....
__________________
"First, decide who you would be. Then, do what you must do." -Epictetus
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 26 April 2012, 05:45
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is online now
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunteran View Post
Anyone been watching the latest season? So far its pretty damn good, setting up for some interesting events. And damn, Tyrion is on a ROLE, Peter Dinklage totally nails the part.
He's great isn't he? Tyrion would make a great king. Sharp as hell. I'm waiting for them to show Daenerys (sp?) to kick ass and build her army.

I just wish Martin would get off his ass and finish the series off.

Daenerys needs to be queen & Jon Snow needs to kill off the evil of the north & Arya needs to become the assassin she's destined to be. Been waiting a long time for him to link the books and finally end them.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 26 April 2012, 10:44
Trig's Avatar
Trig Trig is offline
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,173
I watched the first season in 2 days about 8 months ago, and just started watching this season a few days ago. I have to watch season 1 again because I'm having a hard time remembering everyones names and who is on who's shit-list. I'm still a fan though because I like watching violence, boobies, and drunk snarky midgets. - Not all for the same reasons
__________________
Never bring a knife to a gunfight. No outside beverages either - they're really strict about that shit.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 27 April 2012, 16:17
hunteran hunteran is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oahu
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
He's great isn't he? Tyrion would make a great king. Sharp as hell. I'm waiting for them to show Daenerys (sp?) to kick ass and build her army.

I just wish Martin would get off his ass and finish the series off.

Daenerys needs to be queen & Jon Snow needs to kill off the evil of the north & Arya needs to become the assassin she's destined to be. Been waiting a long time for him to link the books and finally end them.
Tyrion is awesome, I can't wait to see what he's gonna be up to in the next book. A Dance With Dragons was good, but kinda slow. But it set the stage for the next book to be VERY exciting, all the different plot lines are starting to converge and things are going to pick up quite a bit.

Totally agree about Martin needing to hurry up, if he kicks the bucket before he finishes off the series, I'll be FURIOUS!

Anyone read the chapters on his website from the next book?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 27 April 2012, 16:20
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is online now
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig View Post
I watched the first season in 2 days about 8 months ago, and just started watching this season a few days ago. I have to watch season 1 again because I'm having a hard time remembering everyones names and who is on who's shit-list. I'm still a fan though because I like watching violence, boobies, and drunk snarky midgets. - Not all for the same reasons
Oh just admit it you like all the T&A on the series. I'll admit that I loved seeing Jason Mamoa (Khal Drogo) nekkid.

Have you read the books yet? I'm hoping that the series inspires Martin to finish them.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 27 April 2012, 16:30
Soot's Avatar
Soot Soot is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 812
I've got a question because I might be misremembering something here.

I don't recall Renly Baratheon being gay.

Am I right about that, and this is just something HBO did to include some alternative lifestyle in the story, or was Renly a homosexual and I just missed it?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 27 April 2012, 17:11
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is online now
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soot View Post
I've got a question because I might be misremembering something here.

I don't recall Renly Baratheon being gay.

Am I right about that, and this is just something HBO did to include some alternative lifestyle in the story, or was Renly a homosexual and I just missed it?
Nope he had some manlove stuff going on with Loras Tyrell in the books and remember he never consummated the marriage to Margaery Tyrell because he was too much into her brother.....this opens the door to future interactions between House Tyrell and House Lannister.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 27 April 2012, 17:24
jtk317's Avatar
jtk317 jtk317 is offline
Migratory Coconut
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,884
Well he seemed like a prancing idiot concerned more with being "fashionable" than anything else but I don't remember any distinct references to him being gay. He was set to marry Margaery Tyrell in the books and Loras was basically a glam-rock star in the tournaments that chicks were trying to throw themselves at. Don't recall any sword fights other than the literal ones.
__________________
"Do you deny the accuracy of the meter!? "
-Johan

"I may go to hell for it, but recess will be legendary!"- Longrifle
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 27 April 2012, 17:28
jtk317's Avatar
jtk317 jtk317 is offline
Migratory Coconut
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,884
And here I thought he never consummated the marriage because he went and got himself killed. I'll have to reread.
__________________
"Do you deny the accuracy of the meter!? "
-Johan

"I may go to hell for it, but recess will be legendary!"- Longrifle
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 27 April 2012, 21:21
jdogonroad's Avatar
jdogonroad jdogonroad is offline
Preparing to defend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SE US of A
Posts: 2,880
Damn, wish I still had the books as I read them when they first came out. Just switched my showtime to hbo just so I could watch this. So far, I am truly impressed with the book to movie sameness. Damn divorce!
__________________
What is best in life:"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 27 April 2012, 22:04
sarc88's Avatar
sarc88 sarc88 is offline
Doc McNasty
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: N.VA
Posts: 2,786
For those of you who are fans of the music, here's some funny yet talented stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZ4AzN37dY
__________________
Be nice to everyone you meet...but always have a plan to kill them.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 27 April 2012, 22:26
jtk317's Avatar
jtk317 jtk317 is offline
Migratory Coconut
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
Damn, wish I still had the books as I read them when they first came out. Just switched my showtime to hbo just so I could watch this. So far, I am truly impressed with the book to movie sameness. Damn divorce!
She took your books?! Vindictive much? Eeshk. Granted my ex actually called the cops when I took some of my own dvd's, in my own storage cabinet to my apartment from her's so yeah, I get it.
__________________
"Do you deny the accuracy of the meter!? "
-Johan

"I may go to hell for it, but recess will be legendary!"- Longrifle
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 27 April 2012, 22:28
Trig's Avatar
Trig Trig is offline
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Oh just admit it you like all the T&A on the series.
And everywhere else on "God's" green earth.
__________________
Never bring a knife to a gunfight. No outside beverages either - they're really strict about that shit.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 28 April 2012, 11:30
Stopp700's Avatar
Stopp700 Stopp700 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,149
Any ideas why I can't se eps 4 on HBO on demand?
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 28 April 2012, 14:46
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is online now
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig View Post
And everywhere else on "God's" green earth.
Now how'd I know you'd say something like that?
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 28 April 2012, 14:47
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is online now
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopp700 View Post
Any ideas why I can't se eps 4 on HBO on demand?
They leave off episodes all the time. Go to HBO and sign up for HBO go and you can watch them all anytime, anywhere (have to sign in useing your cable/sat company username and password tho)
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 28 April 2012, 15:00
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is online now
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk317 View Post
Well he seemed like a prancing idiot concerned more with being "fashionable" than anything else but I don't remember any distinct references to him being gay. He was set to marry Margaery Tyrell in the books and Loras was basically a glam-rock star in the tournaments that chicks were trying to throw themselves at. Don't recall any sword fights other than the literal ones.
It's very veiled in the books because of the writing but if you look you will see. Didn't feel like paging through books so I searched. Check this out.http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchi...orasrenly.html
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 29 April 2012, 15:35
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 12,881
Just how big are those dragons supposed to get?
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 29 April 2012, 16:24
jtk317's Avatar
jtk317 jtk317 is offline
Migratory Coconut
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
It's very veiled in the books because of the writing but if you look you will see. Didn't feel like paging through books so I searched. Check this out.http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchi...orasrenly.html
Alright, I can see it now. Didn't really pay attention to it and frankly I thought that Renly was basically useless to the story. He had almost no impact on anything because of being worried about all the wrong things.I'm honestly much more concerned with what will happen at The Wall than anything else in the story.
__________________
"Do you deny the accuracy of the meter!? "
-Johan

"I may go to hell for it, but recess will be legendary!"- Longrifle
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET 1996-2018