Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 18 February 2017, 12:23
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Hey, what is the deal with some contestants though always showing up wearing kilts or dressed like Japanese sword makers?
Personal style preferences? I'm one of those kilt-wearers. I think the people who dress up like Japanese sword makers are pretentious, but then, I guess, they likely feel the same way about me.

While true:
Continue
Old 5 April 2017, 10:03
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Season 4 starts next week!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 April 2017, 17:30
Been There Done That

First two episodes of season 4 did not disappoint.

Interesting choice of blade to forge in Episode two. Deer Horn blade. Awesome.

Forging from steel from golf clubs was interesting also. Nice to see some former contestants return once again.

LMAO at the one new contestant who goes on about how is "Day" job is that of a "medium".

Old 13 April 2017, 18:34
Confirmed User

I didn't pay attention to this show until about two months ago. I'm jonsin so bad now that I am all caught up, can't wait until next week!!!
Old 21 April 2017, 11:19
Been There Done That

Four contestants having to forge dual push daggers. Awesome challenge.

Yep, as usual, the guy who talks the most smack, is the one who has to drop out as he literally cannot take the "heat".

Old 21 April 2017, 11:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Four contestants having to forge dual push daggers. Awesome challenge.

Yep, as usual, the guy who talks the most smack, is the one who has to drop out as he literally cannot take the "heat".
Yep...he barely made it through the introduction phase. That was an interesting show. It shocked me to see the trouble they actually all had in making push daggers. The karambit show will be interesting as well.
Old 21 April 2017, 11:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Yep...he barely made it through the introduction phase. That was an interesting show. It shocked me to see the trouble they actually all had in making push daggers. The karambit show will be interesting as well.
Really admired the "Never Quit" attitude the one contestant had, when the tip of his blade broke off with 30 minutes to spare.

Always like seeing in every show, the final two contestant's home forge set ups. Everyone has a different way.

Still the best though was the Filipino guy from season one who used a old satellite dish as his forge!

Old 21 April 2017, 11:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Still the best though was the Filipino guy from season one who used a old satellite dish as his forge!
Not only that, he beat out the guy with what looked to me was one of the best home setups that has been on the show! Love how the fire department came out and made him move his dish away from the house too haha.
Old 4 May 2017, 02:59
Been There Done That

Good episode. Fan favorites back. The "Cowboy", the "Hipster" and one of my favorites, "the old guy in the coveralls".

Pretty cool blade design for the final. Details do matter. Pretty serious blades when it came to the "Pig test".

Old 11 May 2017, 10:15
Been There Done That

Awesome episode this week, building my favorite....the Khukri.

Hard blade to make in limited amount of time.

One veteran of the 82nd on the show this time.

And what was with the one contestant dressing up as a "elf".

Never did find out what the long horn he was carrying around on his belt was for.

Old 11 May 2017, 12:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Awesome episode this week, building my favorite....the Khukri.

Hard blade to make in limited amount of time.

One veteran of the 82nd on the show this time.

And what was with the one contestant dressing up as a "elf".

Never did find out what the long horn he was carrying around on his belt was for.
he's got 60 ball in his front pocket, hatchet in an inside the t-shirt scabbard on his back, all of it scoured clean, and the horn is for his powder, man. recognize, yo!

I think I saw that one, and I think he took it to his local hipster bar and had it filled with a draft beer. cause no real bar would put up with that shit.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 14 June 2017, 12:49
Been There Done That

Swordbreaker. Cool weapon!

Old 26 July 2017, 05:27
Been There Done That

Some good new episodes, with some blades never have heard of from the Congo. Interesting spin bringing masters with their apprentices.

Old 26 July 2017, 06:51
Authorized Personnel

Yep! I liked that one. Kid who's master smith had to leave hung in there pretty well!
Old 26 July 2017, 12:32
Been There Done That

Lamest excuse ever on the last show. "Well, I do not make knives, I make swords! I am a sword maker, not a knife maker."

Old 26 July 2017, 16:54
Confirmed User

I actually took a workshop from one of the two time contestants on this show. I turned a railroad spike into a knife.
Old 26 July 2017, 21:55
Confirmed User

http://socnet.com/album.php?albumid=172&pictureid=825
http://socnet.com/album.php?albumid=172&pictureid=826
http://socnet.com/album.php?albumid=172&pictureid=827
http://socnet.com/album.php?albumid=172&pictureid=828

Last edited by Dziadek; 26 July 2017 at 22:17.
Old 27 July 2017, 04:23
Been There Done That

^Nice! Which contestant did you study with, what episodes was he on?

Old 27 July 2017, 06:36
Confirmed User

Chad Osborne, he took second on his show -- made an Egyptian shotel.

In an odd coincidence, I took his class with a friend of mine who studied Pekiti under Doug Marcaida. Chad was good enough to give us the nickel tour of his basement which was like a working showcase of knives he's made from the time he was a wee lad up to the present.
Old 2 August 2017, 01:42
Confirmed User

Tonight's episode was the worst one by far. SPOILER ALERT:

One smith quits in the middle of the first round, the second has a major failure on the first test of the second round and in the finals One of the smiths decides to use a technique she's never tried before and her handle is lose so they don't even test it. The dude who won seemed like he was a really good smith but he won by default. All in all it was a waste of an hour of my life.

Our new posting rules