Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 15 March 2018, 21:16
Unemployed Stunt Double

DOJ: Investigate Etowah County, AL Sheriff Todd Entrekin!!!

This is a real problem. This is what civil rights violations under color of authority look like.

I'm not writing about the hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars that Entriken can, apparently, legally keep in to enrich his own bank account and buy beach houses.

This is about the young man, Matthew Qualls, and the drug charges he was hauled in on, after an "anonymous tip."

I fucking hate corrupt cops.
Old 15 March 2018, 22:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
This is a real problem. This is what civil rights violations under color of authority look like.

I'm not writing about the hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars that Entriken can, apparently, legally keep in to enrich his own bank account and buy beach houses.

This is about the young man, Matthew Qualls, and the drug charges he was hauled in on, after an "anonymous tip."

I saw this headline yesterday and didn't bother reading the story.

I had wrongfully assumed the sheriff was busted for illegally pocketing the $750,000 after using it to buy the home. What in the actual Fuck is going on here?

The last two police chiefs in my town have been fired for similar transgressions. It was great to see them go down in flames.

This corrupt bastard needs to be brought down too.

Last edited by NYwood914; 15 March 2018 at 22:15.
Old 15 March 2018, 22:25
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
egregious
əˈɡrējəs/

1. outstandingly bad; shocking.

synonyms: shocking, appalling, terrible, awful, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous
"What? The book says I can keep it."
Old 15 March 2018, 22:31
Unemployed Stunt Double

I don't care about the money. The laws in AL apparently let him keep it.

The bullshit charges to intimidate and silence a 20-year-old kid that spoke publicly about his concerns with the money...that I have a real problem with...when John Giduck's buddy, Chester, PA Police Chief Joe Bail had one of his officers call me and threaten me, I wasn't overly concerned (especially since the cop was too afraid to tell me his name)...this is that sort of police corruption, on a much more serious level.
Old 15 March 2018, 22:58
Sound off for equipment check!

Looks like al(dot)com has taken an interest in this. Entrekin already has an opponent gearing up for the next election.

That law needs changing.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 15 March 2018, 23:05
Time is a flat circle

Quote:

The bullshit charges to intimidate and silence a 20-year-old kid that spoke publicly about his concerns with the money...that I have a real problem with...when John Giduck's buddy, Chester, PA Police Chief Joe Bail had one of his officers call me and threaten me, I wasn't overly concerned (especially since the cop was too afraid to tell me his name)...this is that sort of police corruption, on a much more serious level.
Unreal Fucking real. That is some next level corruption that should be met with tar and feathering.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 15 March 2018, 23:08
Another pool cleaner

I hate bullies. In all forms. Especially in uniform.
Old 16 March 2018, 06:02
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Amen.
Old 16 March 2018, 13:31
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
...this is that sort of police corruption, on a much more serious level.
Only half kidding....at least it made the news, in the same year that it occurred.
Old 16 March 2018, 17:31
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I recall somebody who lives down south posting something about how things went in many counties down south as far as feeding inmates, and how a sheriff is given a certain budget annually but can cut corners and feed his inmates for well under the budgeted amount and is allowed to pocket the difference.

All legal, from what I heard. I'm surprised Cook County never adopted a system like that, although considering all the other ways that sheriffs up here enriched themselves, they probably just figured it wasn't worth the trouble.
Old 16 March 2018, 17:39
Been There Done That

Quote:

Side note: I didn't know you got one of those calls. I did too. I can't even remember the dude's name now. It was the one who got hauled in for domestic violence and weapons charges.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Im attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 16 March 2018, 17:58
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Side note: I didn't know you got one of those calls. I did too. I can't even remember the dude's name now. It was the one who got hauled in for domestic violence and weapons charges.
Comical...I told the douche rocket that called me "By the way, you are committing a crime right now, what's your name?" He told me he wasn't going to give me his name. I told him that he would give it to me if he were conducting a legit investigation. He said "My name is...um...Light...Officer Light...and...um...the FBI is conducting the investigation. You're in big trouble."

So, "Officer Light." Cowardly cop, lousy liar...either too afraid to tell his boss no, or too fucking dumb to understand basic LE ethics...or both.

Joe Bail retired a while back. In the article about his retirement in the local rag in his AO, he said he was going to stay busy mentoring and consulting with other LE orgs (maybe there are still agencies that don't have internet access?). He told the author he was leaving the next week to travel to Alabama, to assist some LE agency there.

Wait...Alabama...what are the odds? Has Joe Bail been down in Etowah County, AL, giving pointers to Sheriff Todd Entriken?
Old 17 March 2018, 21:30
Animal Tamer

Total dick. Legal or not that sheriff needs to resign. How could he ever think what he did was ethical?
Old 17 March 2018, 23:01
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMarshal View Post
Total dick. Legal or not that sheriff needs to resign. How could he ever think what he did was ethical?
Unfortunately the media is focusing on the extra lunch money, instead of the arrest of a 20-year-old kid on bullshit charges who dared to publicly question the extra lunch money. Arresting that kid was a civil rights violation under color of authority.
Old 18 March 2018, 21:48
Animal Tamer

Good point and if true only exacerbates the problem.
Old 19 March 2018, 13:03
Confirmed User

The banana republic, dictatorial retaliation bugs me the most as pointed out by the OP. I don't see how the funding mechanism i.e. the dated, ass backwards law will ever change without focusing on the money leading to legislative pressure.

The level of entitlement that the excess funds shouldreward a public servant with a beach house is nauseating. $750k could go a long way for funding plenty of other programs in jurisdiction like that. I wonder how well funded drug treatment programs are down there? I guess my point is there are places to spend that money to try to keep people out of jail and keep feeding actual prisoners even lower, just not personal gain...
Old 19 March 2018, 18:02
Confronting the Reckoning

If he was willing to do it, do we think it was done right? What would a financial audit of the money trail show? A perfectly by the books transfer of the funds, or messiness that might violate some other law? Is there a mechanism for the auditors to become involved?
Old 19 March 2018, 18:11
Unemployed Stunt Double

Exclamation THE MONEY IS NOT IMPORTANT, THE CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION IS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
If he was willing to do it, do we think it was done right? What would a financial audit of the money trail show? A perfectly by the books transfer of the funds, or messiness that might violate some other law? Is there a mechanism for the auditors to become involved?
Ok...I'm doing something wrong, because I keep trying to re-direct everyone to THE IMPORTANT PART of this story.

So, once again...

//rant on//

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THE MONEY...THE MONEY IS NOT WHAT IS IMPORTANT!!!

Going after the 20-year-old kid is a serious criminal violation of civil rights laws. The money doesn't matter, FUCK THE MONEY!!! How to I get people to STOP FOCUSING ON THE MONEY???. Criminal violation of civil rights is several years in federal prison-type serious. It is SO EASY to prove. No auditor, no nothing, just the FBI. "Hey, dirt bag ," says the FBI, "show us the "anonymous tip" you got, everything about it...oh...no record of it?" Click. We have a whole division of DoJ that EXISTS to investigate civil rights violations, remember?!?!

//rant off//

Last edited by gavin; 19 March 2018 at 18:17.
Old 19 March 2018, 19:37
Sub Rosa

Word!!!

Quote:
Ok...I'm doing something wrong, because I keep trying to re-direct everyone to THE IMPORTANT PART of this story.

So, once again...

//rant on//

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THE MONEY...THE MONEY IS NOT WHAT IS IMPORTANT!!!

Going after the 20-year-old kid is a serious criminal violation of civil rights laws. The money doesn't matter, FUCK THE MONEY!!! How to I get people to STOP FOCUSING ON THE MONEY???. Criminal violation of civil rights is several years in federal prison-type serious. It is SO EASY to prove. No auditor, no nothing, just the FBI. "Hey, dirt bag ," says the FBI, "show us the "anonymous tip" you got, everything about it...oh...no record of it?" Click. We have a whole division of DoJ that EXISTS to investigate civil rights violations, remember?!?!

//rant off//
Old 19 March 2018, 20:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
THE MONEY IS NOT WHAT IS IMPORTANT!!! [/U][/I][/B]
Isn't it weird that no matter what side of the road one is on...they automatically focus on the money. In this case, it's the "other" thing that is most important. The abuse of one's office....

Our new posting rules