Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 28 August 2009, 00:00

checking in

Former 61 series, now SWAT medic. Glad to be aboard.
Old 28 August 2009, 09:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Greetings............
Welcome!

Swing by CAV Country some time - bldg 7510 upstairs- and have a cup of joe..

RGR.Montcalm
Old 28 August 2009, 10:49

Intro: Hi all. I've been a lurker to this site for a while. Coming out into the light as it were. I'm former 11B, 18E, 18F, 180A. I have some time in A-Stan contracting. Nice to be here.
Old 28 August 2009, 13:01

New Member Intro

Greetings.
Prior Marine, Enlisted 3533 (Motor Transport) then Officer 7566 (CH-53E Pilot). 1993-2009.
MWSS-471 DET A
HMH-464
MWHS-2
HMT-302
OEF/OIF
Recently accessed with 160th SOAR(A) (July) and am in the process of waiting for my appointment as a Warrant Officer and orders to CH-47 AQC, Green Platoon, and follow on assignment to 4/160.
Old 28 August 2009, 15:38

Hello

First, I appreciate the opportunity to register on SOCNET. I have been Air Force Security Forces for seven years in the Reserves (445th, WPAFB) and the OANG (121st, RANGB). I enjoy the insight I receive from browsing particular threads here. My interests include the humor, fitness, firearms, occupational discussions, and historical reading list threads. Thanks again.
Old 28 August 2009, 15:53

Hi I found this site after trying to look some information about Liberty Manor and found a thread specifically dedicated to this program. My boyfriend is medically discharged from the Air Force and my entire family family did Air Force, except for my grandfather who worked on submarines. Because of him, I loved the Navy and joined Navy JROTC in all 4 years of high school and ROTC in college to get a scholarship. Did not get it but have plans to enlist. ANyway, I have a ton of friends spread out through all thr services and everyday I prey for them and every other brave soul that is across seas to have a safe return. I have the utmost respect for all of those men and women who served and/or are serving and wish that all of them get treated with the respect they deserve. Unfortunately, the program I was looking up information for does not have the same morals but states they do and so my only wish now is that those Veterans that are stuck there do find a place they can safely call home. I want to formally thank all of you who have served or are currently serving for me and everyone else. God Bless America and God Bless You!
Old 29 August 2009, 01:07

Intro

I'm a high schooler looking to join the military. Love America, come from long proud military family.
Old 29 August 2009, 19:43

Greetings

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for letting me join this site. I have read a lot of the threads and enjoy the knowledgeable responses. I felt the camaraderie among those who belong to this site the first night I started exploring it. It was a welcome surprise and something I truly miss from my military days.
I am a former Marine with 5 years active duty. I enlisted in the Marines under the combat arms MOS. This equated to artillery 0811. After the first year of this MOS I realized it was not for me and needed to find something else quickly. I was pointed towards Marine Security Guard duty by my First Sergeant and have smiled ever since. I finally realized what I was meant to do, combat terrorism. After my tour, plus extension ended I exited the Marine Corps in hopes of finding a dynamic career in the federal government or a parallel company.
After a few side streets and turns on the path of life I find myself with a family I love and a career field I do not enjoy. After getting the green light from my wife, I have been actively seeking a career field that puts me back in what I enjoy and thrive at. I am about a year of full time studies away from a degree in Intelligence with a core concentration in terrorism. I also am in the application process with the Border Patrol. Not having a degree, I feel that I am limited in the choices that I have at the moment (not to slight the BP, but they are the only ones that have should any interest). I am open to any opportunities that are in lines with protective security and counter terrorism.
Again, I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this community and look forward to working/ conversing with all of you.
Old 29 August 2009, 21:02

New user

Hello, Former Marine reserve. Was a mechanic attached to an artillery battery. Five year law enforcement officer, K9, firearms instructor. Glad to be aboard. Thanks to all of you that have served quietly to protect our freedom.
Old 29 August 2009, 21:05

Intro

Active duty USCG, 2001-present. Stints at Golden Gate in San Francisco and MSST 91114 (MIA).
Old 29 August 2009, 22:33

Master electrician and Coast Guard license....
Old 30 August 2009, 03:56
Just a fella now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Greetings, I have served with 160th SOAR (A) since 1999 in positions raging from crewchief, Section Sergeant, Platoon Sergeant, I am currently serving as a First Sergeant for D CO, 1st Battalion (the Hooter Brothers). Prior to the 160th, I served in 4/11 ACR (Fulda Germany 88-91), 1/7 CAV (Fort Hood 92-94), 2/4 CAV (Savannah Georgia 91-92), 1-1 CAV (Budingen Germany 94-96), 1st Support Battalion (Sinai Egypt 98-99) and 54th Medevac (Fort Lewis 96-98).
Welcome Top, condolences on the Hooter Bros. loss
Old 30 August 2009, 03:57

hi im cody auch. im a highschool student, interested in joining the canadian forces in the next year. im using this site as a resource, to study a career path.
Old 30 August 2009, 13:10

Hello, i'm a former 11B3VB4, Served with 3/75 then went to the 173rd for OIF, Thanks for having me.

Clutch
Old 30 August 2009, 18:48

Hello all. I am civilian, a cadet at a Maritime Academy where I am in a Deck Officer program, though I am currently on a leave of absence.

Appreciate being approved. I'm here for the no nonsense info, and best information of its kind on the web. And finally, thanks to those who have served and keep softies like me safe (I have no illusions as to being a tough guy).
Old 31 August 2009, 15:19

Intro

First, thanks to all that are and have been in harms way defending this nation, so that the rest of us could sleep safe.

Low speed high drag here. My lane is the shoulder and I drive with my hazards on…Was Army 68 D-10 (wrench turner) during Clinton’s Army for a short stint in the early 90’s. Did nothing went nowhere. Saw the night stalkers on the tube live from Somalia when I was at Ft. Eustis VA (Ft. Useless). I currently work in the DC metro area as a construction supervisor. I got to this site via a post over at Lightfighters and found the same no nonsense crowd here as well. Why am I here? Always looking to improve on my armature shooting skills and kit where ever I can. I try to stay up to speed on the latest news in the “industry”. I’m far from qualified to do any of the HSLD stuff I read about but it interests me nonetheless…No BS, No Drama.
Old 31 August 2009, 16:48
Confirmed User

Served as a 74B/25B in 2nd Battalion, 5th SFG(A) for my entire stint in the Army, from 2003-2008. Did 3 tours for OIF during that time.

Been a lurker at Socnet for the better part of the last 4 or 5 years, and got tired of not seeing pictures!
Old 31 August 2009, 21:15

Salutations

Permission to come aboard?

I'm retired Navy. RMC(SW); CWO2. 72-76; 80-97 AOR6 ATS2 BB62 LHA5

And numerous shorebase comm facilities/staffs...

Two PG deployments, in conjunction w/ three WPac deployments.

Marksmen rifle.
Expert pistol.

caveat - I haven't fired a centerfire cartridge weapon in over 5 years.

Fondest memory of interaction w/ SEAL Sailors. I was COMM LCPO on CTF73 staff in Subic 86-89. I had borrowed PRC77s from everyone on the island to support a USNS Mercy AH19 MEDCAP. The one I had borrowed from the SEAL Det had a bullet hole in it. The Mercy folks dropped it overboard. When I gave the RMC back a new one he was extremely upset, I thought that we were going swimming. They were fond of that bullet hole it turns out. Hey the Marine Captain did'nt get one back at all ...

My son-in-law is ARMY. After 12 years plus retired I have turned a lot pages and the time, that was my time, is many chapters ago in lifes book. I'm grateful FOR the men and women who now serve, accross the board, and well with pride when I see or have the opportunity to speak with our warriors.
Old 1 September 2009, 22:35

after 20 years of machining im out of work and looking to go to
uxo tech1 school asap.
any advice from uxo or eod people would be great.

thanks for allowing me to be a part of this forum.
Old 1 September 2009, 22:40

after 20 years of machining im out of work and looking to go to
uxo tech1 school asap.
any advice from uxo or eod people would be great.

thanks for allowing me to be a part of this forum.

Our new posting rules