SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 16 December 2014, 23:27
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch175 View Post
I was C Co 1/75 3RD Plt 92-96 MI ANG Co F 425 INF 96-2000. I am an 11B2VW7. I found this site and thought it would be a good place to keep up with current events and keep in the loop. I know a few guys here.
RLTW.
Send your bona fides to a moderator in the Ranger Regiment forum and get vetted.

Welcome to SOCNET.
Old 17 December 2014, 16:38

Good Afternoon,

I am a non-combat veteran who wished to register to this forum because I have enjoyed reading about the experiences and insight of the members herein.

Thank you for accepting my registration
Old 18 December 2014, 22:32

Hello friends,
My name is Corey and I am a paramedic with the Nashville Fire Department. I thoroughly enjoy the stories and experiences shared with anyone in the service. I have several friends and family members who have served and I would like to say thank you to all of you who have served with dedication and sacrifice. Happy Holidays everyone...
Old 20 December 2014, 11:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFDMedic View Post
Hello friends,
My name is Corey and I am a paramedic with the Nashville Fire Department. I thoroughly enjoy the stories and experiences shared with anyone in the service. I have several friends and family members who have served and I would like to say thank you to all of you who have served with dedication and sacrifice. Happy Holidays everyone...
Welcome! Bunch of folks here from the area mainly Clarksville/Fort Campbell...
Old 24 December 2014, 12:33

Intro

I am Matt and currently work in Central FL as a SWAT/EOD medic. I have been on our regional SWAT team for over 5 years. I have been a paramedic since 2004 working in various roles including ground ambulance and Truama Center. I also currently work part time as a US Army Contract medical instructor.

Thank you all for allowing me to join your message group.

Last edited by SWATMedicFL; 24 December 2014 at 12:42.
Old 24 December 2014, 12:48

Intro

A big salute to all who served and maintain this site. I'm a retired LEO from a major department in Texas. I was fortunate to have worked with several former military personnel. I come from a military family with both father and step father having retired from USMC and US ARMY.
Old 24 December 2014, 13:14

SOCNET, hey.

I've been frequenting this site lately and thought it'd be time to make an account and join the community.

I'm from Cleveland, OH and am attending a music College in Boston. I've been having having doubts about whether I should enlist now or once I graduate. There is a lot of info on this site that has helped me come closer to discovering the answer I seek.

Jake
Old 24 December 2014, 15:17

Hello All,

I am a recent college grad and working with a recruiter to join the USN. I graduated Civil Engineering from a UC school and will be pursuing an aviation slot. I have always been impressed by the capabilities of all SOF and have considered applying to BUDS. I am hesitant to pursue BUDS not for the physical portion (although I am by no means belittling that portion), but rather for the combat portion.
I am here to hopefully inquire on the psyche of the SOF guys and see how it affects them. I hope I didn't open up a can of worms on this topic, but I am just being honest with the concerns I have.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Old 24 December 2014, 19:04

I am an old deaf coot because of guns going off next to my ears for 35 years, at least that is my wife's name for me. She doesn't realize that my hearing is selective, not defective.
I spent five years in municipal L.E. and thirty in federal; Border patrol, U.S. Customs, Treasury Agent. I was a firearms instructor for most of those years in addition to my other duties. Toward the end, it was my full time job. Military: nothing special- Army N.G. armor, and U.S.C.G reserve.
In all those years, I received plenty of training on the G.; training was also something I provided. I have plenty of "war stories' of both borders as well as drug smuggling interdiction at sea. I am retired and live in Oregon. My wife thinks I should write a book. I don't think so. I don't live in the past.
I have a great retirement. I still do a lot of shooting, ICORE, Steel Challenge, club matches with revolver,pistol, shotgun and rifle, airgun
Other hobbies; horses, hiking, bicycling. Volunteer in emergency preparedness and response. Three kids, three grandkids ( so far) , three dogs
Old 24 December 2014, 21:05

Good evening everyone

Hi everyone,

my name is Will and I'm currently stationed at Fort Knot, KY. I am an 11Z5V and have been in the Army for 22 years and still kicking. I served over seas in Germany twice and Fort Cambell, KY twice and Fort Sam Houston, TX once. I attended and graduated Ranger school with class 9-96, as well as Airborne school in 03-97... Yes I went to Ranger school as a leg lol. And Air Assault school in 04-91. Thanks to the administrators for approving and allowing me to join this prestigious network. And thanks Silverbullet for setting me straight on the protocol for getting on board. hope everyone has a great Christmas and better New Years.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 24 December 2014 at 23:49. Reason: Merry Christmas, I moved this to the right place for you.
Old 25 December 2014, 12:15

Hi all. I'm Michael and I served in the USMC from Jan 69 to early 71 as a rifleman and MP. I used the GI bill to go to college and the US Army paid my way thru medical school. I served as a GMO and was assigned to Delta Force to work in a forward MAST. Never got called to duty there and never served in combat.

Thank you all for your service past, present and future.

Merry Christmas and have a blessed New Year.
Old 25 December 2014, 14:19
On the Extract Bird

Greeting's SOCNET,

My name is John aka Ghost, I work in the Spec Op community here at Fort Bragg, NC. I'm not a cool guy but I've seen some cool stuff and been around in my time. Hope this is what y'all are looking for as I'm not good at talking about myself, normally its someone else.

Head down, Cheers folks!
Old 25 December 2014, 14:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch175 View Post
I was C Co 1/75 3RD Plt 92-96 MI ANG Co F 425 INF 96-2000. I am an 11B2VW7. I found this site and thought it would be a good place to keep up with current events and keep in the loop. I know a few guys here.
RLTW.
Do tell... As was mentioned send your stuff to the 75th Mods. Lot of shit happened in '92, 3 Charlie specifically.
Old 25 December 2014, 17:12

Hello all,

I have been drifting around this site for some time and only recently realized that I never posted an introduction. So here it goes. Pops was an old school recon corpsman back in the day and ended up doing his 21 years and getting out. I myself am just starting my law enforcement career out in Arizona after graduating college and working for the Army out at the Yuma Proving Grounds with M&W division while the budgets of the cities got big enough to hire new officers. Looking forward at continuing to absorb the wealth of knowledge from this group.

Cheers
Old 26 December 2014, 03:51

New guy

Hey Folks,
I'm a retired Submariner '83-'03, during that time I served in 4 boats, 2 in HI and 2 in CT. I also attended the USAF Police Academy (LE side) in the first USN/USMC/USAF combined course.
I also served as a Navy Instructor at the Groton Subase school house. My family has a longish history of military service, WW2, Korea, Vietnam Nam. During my service I've had the opportunity to work with a fair number of SOF personnel. Mostly in the "transportation" area. Even managed to get acquainted with a few outside of work. Usually had to do with cars or guns.
Since I retired, I have lost contact with those acquaintances. Life happens, and it goes on. Thanks to all my Brothers & Sisters who are former or active duty troops/sailers.
Old 26 December 2014, 19:13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost009 View Post
Greeting's SOCNET,

My name is John aka Ghost, I work in the Spec Op community here at Fort Bragg, NC. I'm not a cool guy but I've seen some cool stuff and been around in my time. Hope this is what y'all are looking for as I'm not good at talking about myself, normally its someone else.

Head down, Cheers folks!
It's not good enough. Clearly state what you do.
Old 26 December 2014, 21:34

Greetings,

Crossing my fingers hoping I'm posting my introduction correctly. I'm sure I'll be informed if I do not. I thought I would send a brief note to introduce myself and confirm myself to this forum...So here goes: My name is John. For many years I have been a working man, mostly factory and production jobs raising my kids. My son is in the NG. My nephew returned not long ago from service in Iraq. Me? I just work my tail off and care for a couple of elderly, handicapped family members.

I'll quickly admit that I don't know much about this site. But I can tell you this; I enjoy the heck out of reading what a professionals opinion is. Fair warning. I'm not much of a writer, but I love to read. So don't be surprised if you don't hear a heck of a lot from me.

I feel very excited, honored and privileged to be amongst such people. Thank you for your service, and God bless you all.
Old 27 December 2014, 12:00

Hello everyone , First thank you for letting me join this site . I have worked in construction for 32 years and am now working in private security details .
I want to thank all of you and who have served and are still serving , a thank you for your Service to God and Country and are Freedom .
Old 27 December 2014, 12:00

Hello,
Thank you for allowing me in your house.
I have no military experience. I work for an airline, my job is dealing with the pilots.
I have enjoyed being a fly on the wall here, listening to the bad asses talk.
The best thing I can say for myself is that I am blessed to be the primary caregiver for a beautiful 93 year old former WAAC/WAC who is still able to live in her own house.
In order to avoid any hopes being raised, I will go ahead and say I am not hot. I used to be, but time and tide etc...
I am somewhat of a hermit, with no experience or interest in social media, groups, listservs or whatever the correct terms are. So this is very bizarre for me and I hope I do things correctly.
I have the deepest respect for all those who have served and sacrificed for the rest of us and regret that I turned out to be a slacker.
Thank you all for everything you have done and continue to do to keep us safe.
Old 27 December 2014, 12:31
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pizza View Post
Crossing my fingers hoping I'm posting my introduction correctly. I'm sure I'll be informed if I do not. I thought I would send a brief note to introduce myself and confirm myself to this forum...So here goes: My name is John. For many years I have been a working man, mostly factory and production jobs raising my kids. My son is in the NG. My nephew returned not long ago from service in Iraq. Me? I just work my tail off and care for a couple of elderly, handicapped family members.

I'll quickly admit that I don't know much about this site. But I can tell you this; I enjoy the heck out of reading what a professionals opinion is. Fair warning. I'm not much of a writer, but I love to read. So don't be surprised if you don't hear a heck of a lot from me.

I feel very excited, honored and privileged to be amongst such people. Thank you for your service, and God bless you all.
Seeing your screen name and real name, the only thing I can think of is to ask if you are the real Papa John and do we all get free pizza?

Welcome.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.

Our new posting rules