SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 10 February 2016, 16:54

This is the first time I've been to a forum like this. So please bare with me while I get adjusted to figuring out the in's and out's.

I am a 0369 in the Marines. I received my degree at AMU. Been to Iraq and I enjoy training in Muay Thai.
Old 10 February 2016, 18:09
Confirmed User

Group, happy and humbled to be aboard. Long and leaden career in business last 11 as a consultant type. Hoping that while very different my experience can add some value.
Old 10 February 2016, 20:42

AlohaCQB

Never been an operator, but I am the proud father of two sons showing me how it's done. I'm out at the range just about every weekend with my AR's and 1911's. During the week I'm sometimes given the honor of fixing up vet's and active duty personal from their war and sports injuries. I'm here to learn.
Old 10 February 2016, 21:03

Introduction

I'm a National Guard MP, Volunteer FF/EMT, Bail enforcement agent, and criminal Justice student who wants to create connections for future opportunities in private security, close protection, etc.
Old 12 February 2016, 22:11

Introduction

Greetings All!

I'm a former Marine Captain who snuck in the back gate of USNA after spending some time as an enlisted Sailor. After fulfilling my initial obligation, I began my career in the fire service.

I'm gong to be seeking some education regarding how the U.S. Army operates in the mid to late stages of Vietnam. My father-in-law is a Vietnam Veteran who was in th Infantry with some interaction with our Special Forces.

Thanks in advance.

Grilled Cheese
Old 13 February 2016, 15:47
Been There Done That

Job, we did an art together,
Dan
Old 13 February 2016, 15:54
Been There Done That

JBarnes, we did an ARG deployment together in the 90's.
Dan
Old 13 February 2016, 23:02
Confirmed User

Testing? I've submitted an introduction twice and apparently it hasn't gone through yet
Old 13 February 2016, 23:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisembodiedgrlx View Post
Testing? I've submitted an introduction twice and apparently it hasn't gone through yet
Ok this time it worked . now to write it again... Sorry
Old 13 February 2016, 23:29
Confirmed User

Hello everyone. I have written an introduction as per instructed and twice i guess it didn't get submitted. So here is the jist (brace yourselves, civi girl here) ;
I love our Veterans/Enlisted . Thankfully my Great Grandfather instilled in me a great respect and admiration for those that serve and our Armed Forces, himself having served as a Marine on the USS Arizona. Thankfully he was a prior Marine on Dec, 7th 1941 or I most likely wouldn't be here. I serve those that serve/served in volunteering, raising money, doing what I can to get Service Dogs for our Combat Wounded Vets/Combat Vets , volunteer at the VA with our Inpatients, basically anything I can do to support and help our Veterans/Enlisted. Also from the time i submitted my app for SOCNET to my being approved I lost someone to their demons who was a SOF Medic, keep playing our conversations in my head wondering if there's something more I could have said/done. including my friends I come across a lot of Veterans who are fighting the fight in their head, besides being there for them and supporting them , I want to know how I can help more. I tthought this place could be a good sounding board perhaps if I had general questions (not Personel!) about PTSD ,
Sorry this is so long winded. Thanks for the approval and sincerely thank you for all you have done.
Old 14 February 2016, 01:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Hello everyone. I have written an introduction as per instructed and twice i guess it didn't get submitted. So here is the jist (brace yourselves, civi girl here) ;
I love our Veterans/Enlisted . Thankfully my Great Grandfather instilled in me a great respect and admiration for those that serve and our Armed Forces, himself having served as a Marine on the USS Arizona. Thankfully he was a prior Marine on Dec, 7th 1941 or I most likely wouldn't be here. I serve those that serve/served in volunteering, raising money, doing what I can to get Service Dogs for our Combat Wounded Vets/Combat Vets , volunteer at the VA with our Inpatients, basically anything I can do to support and help our Veterans/Enlisted. Also from the time i submitted my app for SOCNET to my being approved I lost someone to their demons who was a SOF Medic, keep playing our conversations in my head wondering if there's something more I could have said/done. including my friends I come across a lot of Veterans who are fighting the fight in their head, besides being there for them and supporting them , I want to know how I can help more. I tthought this place could be a good sounding board perhaps if I had general questions (not Personel!) about PTSD ,
Sorry this is so long winded. Thanks for the approval and sincerely thank you for all you have done.
Welcome! You appear to come from good stock and seem to be willing to help our bretheren that have fallen on hard times due to PTSD.

The standard question we have before us (no disrespect)is this-

Are you hot?
Old 14 February 2016, 10:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I love our Veterans/Enlisted . I serve those that serve/served in volunteering, raising money, doing what I can to get Service Dogs for our Combat Wounded Vets/Combat Vets , volunteer at the VA with our Inpatients, basically anything I can do to support and help our Veterans/Enlisted.

I tthought this place could be a good sounding board perhaps if I had general questions (not Personel!) about PTSD ,
Welcome. Individuals like you are very important to many like us. Thanks for what you do
Old 14 February 2016, 21:57

Hey Guys,
No Military experience here. I work in manufacturing. Spent 6 years as a butcher before I got into manufacturing. I enjoy training combatives and survival. My passion is building confidence inspiring tools for those that go into harms way. Im here to learn what I can so I can continue to build relevant tools. I also hope to gain useful feedback from anyone kind enough to provide it. Thank you for your time.
Old 16 February 2016, 15:35

Hello,

Former USMC 8541 with STA 2/6 and instructor @ 2ND MAR DIV SSS

Woodworker now in Puerto Rico
Old 16 February 2016, 15:40
Calculating Infinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopfjager8541 View Post
Hello,

Former USMC 8541 with STA 2/6 and instructor @ 2ND MAR DIV SSS

Woodworker now in Puerto Rico
It's about time, welcome Bro!
Old 17 February 2016, 02:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Welcome. Individuals like you are very important to many like us. Thanks for what you do
awwww !Well individuals like yourself are very important to me! :) no better class of men :) especially when you all get unclassy A.F .
Which never happens
Old 17 February 2016, 04:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Welcome! You appear to come from good stock and seem to be willing to help our bretheren that have fallen on hard times due to PTSD.

The standard question we have before us (no disrespect)is this-

Are you hot?
I do come from great stock. Murica! I was fortunate enough to hang out with my bad ass Marine Grandfather until he passed away when I was 11. He learned me real well on being a thankful and proud American.

Of course I'm willing to help ; whatever it takes so our guys don't make that final choice ��. The VA certainly isn't making it any better ...

Am i hot����? Well........ It depends on how long you've been deployed I suppose . Sometimes dudes "super like" me on Tinder though and
I'm told I have a purdy mouth; so I guess I've got that going for me. Are you hot?
Happy Belated Birthday to you Btw!

Last edited by xdisembodiedgrlx; 17 February 2016 at 04:17.
Old 17 February 2016, 10:04
Confirmed User

^lol! You will fit in quite well around here!

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 19 February 2016, 15:25

Greetings,
I'm former National Guard Sergent on IRR researching my options in the Reserves. Originally joined with the intention of going to OCS but had a change of heart.

Always wanted to be PSYOPS and now I have a chance.

Thanks in advance for any insight into PSYOPS and CA.
Old 19 February 2016, 15:40
BTDT

Quote:

Am i hot����? Well........ It depends on how long you've been deployed I suppose . Sometimes dudes "super like" me on Tinder though and
I'm told I have a purdy mouth; so I guess I've got that going for me. Are you hot?
Happy Belated Birthday to you Btw!
Nice!

Our new posting rules