SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 15 August 2018, 11:27
Puttin' on the foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37F5V View Post
Here you go...

Attachment 40569
1x11?
Old 15 August 2018, 12:00
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyDeuce View Post
1x11?
SRAM Eagle 1x12. Flawless shifting with plenty of range for my AO.

“An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.”
Old 15 August 2018, 12:09
Aww F**K it

37f5v,
Dude! That is a sweet ride!

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 15 August 2018, 12:11
Puttin' on the foil

Quote:
SRAM Eagle 1x12. Flawless shifting with plenty of range for my AO.
I almost bought a 1x9 before I picked up the Pitch but I didn't think it would have enough range for me. During the HC24 I never got out of the middle ring on the front so a 1x10 or 11 might do it. I didn't even know there was a 1x12 option.

That bike looks awesome
Old 15 August 2018, 12:23
One jump chump

Quote:
I almost bought a 1x9 before I picked up the Pitch but I didn't think it would have enough range for me. During the HC24 I never got out of the middle ring on the front so a 1x10 or 11 might do it. I didn't even know there was a 1x12 option.

That bike looks awesome
My last two bikes I removed the big chainring and threw on a thin aluminum bash guard because I never was using that ring. Most of the racers in my neck of the woods are still running a 2x up front for the gear range. My bike is purely for fun, so I picked components that could handle any trail that I might find in Michigan. It does that in spades...

Old 16 August 2018, 07:34
Conquer Life.

Quote:
Here you go...
That makes me moist

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 16 August 2018, 10:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
My last two bikes I removed the big chainring and threw on a thin aluminum bash guard because I never was using that ring. Most of the racers in my neck of the woods are still running a 2x up front for the gear range. My bike is purely for fun, so I picked components that could handle any trail that I might find in Michigan. It does that in spades...
That's a nice setup!

I'm running a 1x9 on a Chromag Aperture and have no issues riding down here in the flatlands, but like you, I ride for fun and like the maintenance free aspect of not running a front derailleur.
Old 16 August 2018, 11:37
Puttin' on the foil

After looking at some of the bike manufacturers mentioned that I haven't heard about before (Evil and Chromag) I kinda have the desire to buy a frame and try building something over the winter. I think I could transfer the wheels/tires, and brakes over but would need the remainder of the parts.

I could google this but I like the discussion here, would I need a bunch of specialized tools to put one together? I know there is a bottom bracket or crank wrench. The remaining parts look like hex wrench type work.
Old 16 August 2018, 11:38
One jump chump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger275 View Post
That's a nice setup!

I'm running a 1x9 on a Chromag Aperture and have no issues riding down here in the flatlands, but like you, I ride for fun and like the maintenance free aspect of not running a front derailleur.
Very cool frame for a great price.

Old 16 August 2018, 11:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
After looking at some of the bike manufacturers mentioned that I haven't heard about before (Evil and Chromag) I kinda have the desire to buy a frame and try building something over the winter. I think I could transfer the wheels/tires, and brakes over but would need the remainder of the parts.

I could google this but I like the discussion here, would I need a bunch of specialized tools to put one together? I know there is a bottom bracket or crank wrench. The remaining parts look like hex wrench type work.
You do need a few special tools, but a 6 pack can go a long way at a local bike shop when it comes to advice and/or borrowing a tool or two onsite. Years ago I picked up a bike maintenance book at a bookstore. That and YouTube are a huge help for maintaining and building bikes-I've built three this way.

Quote:
Very cool frame for a great price.
Thanks. Picked it up a couple years ago when Chromag was clearing out 2014 frames for super cheap. I may be one of the few guys left around here riding a 26er!
Old 16 August 2018, 15:10
Confirmed User

I'm still riding a 26er. I'm not racing and just out having fun so don't feel a need to spend money on a new ride when this one does just fine.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan

Our new posting rules