SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #12641  
Old 17 September 2018, 17:17
kelly1966 kelly1966 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2
Introduction

Hi my name is Kelly,

I've gotten into government contracting in the last 5 years. I spent 8 months in Kuwait supporting MARSET and APS 5 MATV resets as a mechanic . I also spent 2 years supporting the State department in Baghdad from 2015-2017 as a electrical specialist and light vehicle maintenance lead. I'm getting ready to go back over to Iraq again up North this time under the support side of WPS II. It seems like once you get into contracting it's hard to get out, working stateside is boring in comparison.
Reply With Quote
  #12642  
Old 18 September 2018, 06:58
RGR.Montcalm's Avatar
RGR.Montcalm RGR.Montcalm is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clearing fields of fire
Posts: 10,968
Welcome!
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck; strong men believe in cause and effect
Reply With Quote
  #12643  
Old 18 September 2018, 21:03
Loner Loner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cartersville GA
Posts: 2
Been scanning this board for a long time. Nobody special here, just served 24 years in the army and retired a crusty old 1SG. I look forward to continue monitoring this board and possibly getting involved in some of the conversations. I did manage to put my knees in the breeze for several years.
Reply With Quote
  #12644  
Old 18 September 2018, 21:06
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Been scanning this board for a long time. Nobody special here, just served 24 years in the army and retired a crusty old 1SG. I look forward to continue monitoring this board and possibly getting involved in some of the conversations. I did manage to put my knees in the breeze for several years.
Units?
Reply With Quote
  #12645  
Old 18 September 2018, 21:15
Loner Loner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cartersville GA
Posts: 2
82nd, 504, 319. 11B,13E Recon sgt, which became 13F later. Like I said, nothing special, just served to the best of my ability for as long as I could.
Reply With Quote
  #12646  
Old 18 September 2018, 21:25
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,339
Every man or woman who served honorably is special, and welcome to SOCNET.
Reply With Quote
  #12647  
Old 20 September 2018, 02:22
GrnMtns1776 GrnMtns1776 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1
Hello! Civilian here, and I am the first to admit I have no military background.

I've spent the last 24 years as a civilian contracts manager working for companies providing support to SOCOM, NAVSEA and AFPC.

I'm here primarily to listen and learn, and hope to contribute where appropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #12648  
Old 20 September 2018, 08:22
Agoge's Avatar
Agoge Agoge is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shadow Gallery
Posts: 7,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtns1776 View Post
Hello! Civilian here, and I am the first to admit I have no military background.

I've spent the last 24 years as a civilian contracts manager working for companies providing support to SOCOM, NAVSEA and AFPC.

I'm here primarily to listen and learn, and hope to contribute where appropriate.
Welcome aboard!
Reply With Quote
  #12649  
Old 21 September 2018, 13:26
Flush Flush is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1
Thank you for allowing me to join. I spent some time as a line medic in the 101st, before making my way to San Antonio to help run training for BOLC/AIT students, among the other things I was fortunate enough to do there.

I'm happy to be on here, and to have the access to the level of knowledge this board contains.
Reply With Quote
  #12650  
Old 21 September 2018, 15:24
CPTAUSRET's Avatar
CPTAUSRET CPTAUSRET is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Iowa City, Iowa...
Posts: 9,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush View Post
Thank you for allowing me to join. I spent some time as a line medic in the 101st, before making my way to San Antonio to help run training for BOLC/AIT students, among the other things I was fortunate enough to do there.

I'm happy to be on here, and to have the access to the level of knowledge this board contains.
Welcome aboard.
__________________
"IF THOU STRIKETH THE KING, STRIKE NOT TO WOUND":
Reply With Quote
  #12651  
Old Today, 09:37
TA43 TA43 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Houston, Texas U.S.
Posts: 1
Intro...

Iím very glad to have been able to join this group of professionals in an online format. I have served in the Infantry in one way or another for 16 years. Did several tours in both the Iraq and Afghan Wars. I hope to use socnet to keep current on things and connect with comrades.
Reply With Quote
  #12652  
Old Today, 09:56
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: W. Slope of Big Sewell Mtn.
Posts: 4,473
Welcome. What units were you in during your tours?
__________________
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:49.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018