SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 26 November 2018, 08:38

Intro Message

My name is Edward. I am new to SOCNET. My purpose here is to investigate the possibility of Stolen Valor, and to verify the credentials and service record of someone, within the company I am doing business with. This person appears to be suffering from either substance abuse or a possible emotional disorder. My friend and I are trying to to determine the best way to help him, even if it means holding him accountable for misrepresenting gus military background.

Please advise.

All the best
Edward
Old 26 November 2018, 08:43
Been There Done That

We need claims of service and which unit this person says he was assigned to. You'll get pointed in the right direction. Welcome to SOCNET and good luck.
Old 28 November 2018, 13:21

Hey Folks,

Newbie cake eater here. Spent some time globe trotting and running logistics in some really happy places. Live in Colorado with wife and 2 sons. Enjoy Aikido, enduro, things that go bang and anything with an ABV.

Cheers,
HP
Old 28 November 2018, 15:36

Hello,

I found this site while searching around the internet for information on overseas contracting. I am a Marine and was active duty 2006-2011. I deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. My last deployment was with 1/6 in 2010 in Marjah Afghanistan as an EDD handler for the battle of marjah. Recently got through everything for a PSS DOS contract and got my date for training course. I currently work for my local sheriff's office but miss my time overseas. I'm here mainly for information from all of the experienced individuals here. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 28 November 2018, 16:30
Calculating Infinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmichael View Post
Hello,

I found this site while searching around the internet for information on overseas contracting. I am a Marine and was active duty 2006-2011. I deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. My last deployment was with 1/6 in 2010 in Marjah Afghanistan as an EDD handler for the battle of marjah. Recently got through everything for a PSS DOS contract and got my date for training course. I currently work for my local sheriff's office but miss my time overseas. I'm here mainly for information from all of the experienced individuals here. Thanks in advance for the help.
6th Marines.. Welcome!
Old 3 December 2018, 17:24

Hi everybody

Hi,
Thank you for adding me, I am a mother of 3 military sons, 2 Marines and one Air Force.
And the wife of a retired marine.
Old 3 December 2018, 19:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAmom View Post
Hi,
Thank you for adding me, I am a mother of 3 military sons, 2 Marines and one Air Force.
And the wife of a retired marine.
3 out of 4 ain't bad. Welcome ma'am.
Old 7 December 2018, 23:33

Hello! Thanks for adding me to the site. I may have posted here before and forgot about it. Sorry if so. 48 yrold construction worker, Navy-Stg our in 91 under Bush Seniors’s military cut (and a bit of mischief but still got an honorable just missed all the fun) Hoping to connect with a former seal team captain I sat next to during a class and became good friends with. Also hoping to find some info on my late father who passed away in 9/11/2011. I wasn’t raised with him and knew very little about him until his passing when I met the other half of my family. He was Vietnam era Navy 8-9 years. Possibly UDT (step mom said “he was a green beret or something” ) Sister said he had a Trident tattoo on his arm but never spoke of his service or about the tattoo. He was awarded three? bronze stars as a MM. hmmm. Anybody here from that era? Would love the opportunity to find out more about him. Thank you very much
Old 9 December 2018, 10:14

Hey,
I am NOT new to Socnet. My profile name is Crapsash and Ive been around here since 2007. Sometime in the last few months I was having trouble logging in. Now its impossible. Not sure if i did something wrong or what. I’d like to re activate that account if I can.

Ive used the “contact administrator” button a few times but have never recieved a reply. Can an admin PM me here?

Thanks
Old 9 December 2018, 10:17
Administrator

You've been replied to 5 times, plus your password sent 6.

Nothing is wrong with your original account. Do not use this new account to post.
Old Yesterday, 23:29

I do not have access to the original email. If its as simple as that, i fucked it up, so be it. Just trying to find a solution.

That is what i have attempted to convey by using the contact links here. Ive used several email addresses and have never had a reply.

Not trying to stir anything up. I just lost my profile. Sucks

Our new posting rules