Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 4 June 2017, 00:43
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
Amazing coincidence that whenever John Wick is unarmed or out of ammo, all the armed henchmen forget they are armed and decide to rush him and fight him hand to hand, instead of shooting him.
I guess next you are gonna tell me professional wrestling isn't real????
Old 4 June 2017, 13:06
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
Amazing coincidence that whenever John Wick is unarmed or out of ammo, all the armed henchmen forget they are armed and decide to rush him and fight him hand to hand, instead of shooting him.
Actually, that is just another example of how truly awesome John Wick is.

His spatial awareness is so good, and his senses are so heightened, that he has the ability to time his shots with his opponents, using only the amount of ammo needed until they all reach a point of unarmed equilibrium.

As for those henchmen who "forget" they're unarmed, that is a function of John Wick's ability to cloud men's minds.

Just like The Shadow.
Old 5 June 2017, 11:25
A lost ball in high weeds

I heard John Wick was banned from all IDPA matches. They had to level the playing field.
Old 11 June 2017, 15:20
Confirmed User

I watched this on my flight overseas, and thought it was as good as the first. Will probably watch it a second time when I fly back home.
Old 15 June 2017, 08:19
Authorized Personnel

John Wick 2 - or rather Number 2.

What a disappointing turd of a movie.

The bed-maker and I both enjoyed the first one. Highly entertaining and, for a stupid-esque ninja retribution super fighter gun slinging ex-surfer HS dropout dude movie it was really, really good.

Gay assed spoilers if you think a shoot-em-up movie can actually be spoiled:

The second one? From the opening scene that was absolutely unnecessary "I'm here for my car" to driving that POS home to unresolving that issue in the movie, to the forced reason he goes on a mission, to the stupid mission itself to the ending. God damn what a yawn-fest. I fell asleep once, the wife fell asleep completely and then left, I ended up fast forwarding through the entire hall of mirrors thing, and then pretty much the ending.

The only even remotely clever thing in it was the reunion. I'll not even mention what reunion since it is kind of a big spoiler, but then they dragged that the fuck out and ruined it.

Not even worth the $1.59 on Redbox. I wouldn't watch it again for free. Meanwhile I've watched the first one 3 or 4 times.
Old 15 June 2017, 09:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
What a disappointing turd of a movie.

The bed-maker and I both enjoyed the first one. Highly entertaining and, for a stupid-esque ninja retribution super fighter gun slinging ex-surfer HS dropout dude movie it was really, really good.

Gay assed spoilers if you think a shoot-em-up movie can actually be spoiled:

The second one? From the opening scene that was absolutely unnecessary "I'm here for my car" to driving that POS home to unresolving that issue in the movie, to the forced reason he goes on a mission, to the stupid mission itself to the ending. God damn what a yawn-fest. I fell asleep once, the wife fell asleep completely and then left, I ended up fast forwarding through the entire hall of mirrors thing, and then pretty much the ending.

The only even remotely clever thing in it was the reunion. I'll not even mention what reunion since it is kind of a big spoiler, but then they dragged that the fuck out and ruined it.

Not even worth the $1.59 on Redbox. I wouldn't watch it again for free. Meanwhile I've watched the first one 3 or 4 times.
Agree. And what was with the hall of mirror? I guess they decided most of the viewers are younger and never seen a Bruce Lee movie before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 15 June 2017, 12:25
Confirmed User

Finally people making sense. Thought I had lost perspective on entertainment.

Also watched the 1st one twice.
Old 15 June 2017, 14:33
Another pool cleaner

Not to over-analyze this snoozer, but I can't help seeing some dude with a timer over Keanu's shoulder as he's adding to the body count.

I think the choreography of the gun play in Wick 2 is a result of a 3-gun nut gone awry.

Not that there is anything wrong with 3-gun.
Old 15 June 2017, 15:25
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Agree. And what was with the hall of mirror? I guess they decided most of the viewers are younger and never seen a Bruce Lee movie before.
Fuck Enter the Dragon. Conan the Destroyer taught me the answer to that puzzle when I was 8 years old. Smash!

Speaking of Smash, I am a little sad the hot little mute chick bit the dust. Man you can just tell she'd be dynamite in the sack. I am going to continue to believe she's okay though since we didn't actually see her lights go out.

I didn't hate the flick as much as some here did. I said fuck it and went with the whole gun-kata choreography BS.

Which begs the question, who would win in a fight ---- John Wick or a Grammaton Cleric?
Old 15 June 2017, 15:47
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I think the next movie featuring The Accountant will be more entertaining. I liked the whole premise of that movie, even though many parts of it were dumb as dirt.
Old 15 June 2017, 15:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I think the next movie featuring The Accountant will be more entertaining. I liked the whole premise of that movie, even though many parts of it were dumb as dirt.
The Accountant, though not the best movie by a long shot, was way better than John Wick 2.

Old 15 June 2017, 16:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Fuck Enter the Dragon. Conan the Destroyer taught me the answer to that puzzle when I was 8 years old. Smash!

Speaking of Smash, I am a little sad the hot little mute chick bit the dust. Man you can just tell she'd be dynamite in the sack. I am going to continue to believe she's okay though since we didn't actually see her lights go out.

I didn't hate the flick as much as some here did. I said fuck it and went with the whole gun-kata choreography BS.

Which begs the question, who would win in a fight ---- John Wick or a Grammaton Cleric?
Dude, she is a gay vegan.... have fun with that.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 15 June 2017, 16:11
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Dude, she is a gay vegan.... have fun with that.
Plus why does every "badass" chick always have to look so fucking angry in every goddamned scene.

Look at me! You can tell I am a badass because I have a perpetually angry face! Angry face = badass!

Oh wait, got whooped by a dude like I was a ragdoll. Still have my badass face though!
Old 15 June 2017, 16:16
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Oh wait, got whooped by a dude like I was a ragdoll. Still have my badass face though!
Well yeah, she's a woman. C'mon. Points for accuracy here.

And WTF is a gay vegan? Like the actress? Or the character? And isn't that really just a redundant phrase? Because as far as I'm concerned she's as close to the perfect woman as I can imagine ----- no talking, probably fucks like a banshee, no talking, likes guns, offers to buy drinks, and takes orders well. Did I mention no talking?

Quote:
Plus why does every "badass" chick always have to look so fucking angry in every goddamned scene.
Pent up sexual angst. The need to feel dominated (see E5M's post on human behavior).
Old 15 June 2017, 16:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Well yeah, she's a woman. C'mon. Points for accuracy here.

And WTF is a gay vegan? Like the actress? Or the character? And isn't that really just a redundant phrase? Because as far as I'm concerned she's as close to the perfect woman as I can imagine ----- no talking, probably fucks like a banshee, no talking, likes guns, offers to buy drinks, and takes orders well. Did I mention no talking?

Pent up sexual angst. The need to feel dominated (see E5M's post on human behavior).
So does that mean you have given up all hope for scoring with and one day marrying Tay Tay?

Old 15 June 2017, 16:20
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Watched it last night from Redbox. It did kinda seem like one long commercial for a 3 gun match. Didnt hate it.
They are clearly planning for a lot more movies in his franchise, so I hope they come up with some more hooks.

And I thought the mute chick was hot, too. And the dog didn't die. So, there's that.
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 15 June 2017, 16:37
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
So does that mean you have given up all hope for scoring with and one day marrying Tay Tay?
Nah, I'm still hoping one of you guys will be on an EP detail of hers someday and will hook me up.
Old 15 June 2017, 17:09
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
And WTF is a gay vegan? Like the actress? ... Because as far as I'm concerned she's as close to the perfect woman as I can imagine ----- no talking, probably fucks like a banshee, no talking, likes guns, offers to buy drinks, and takes orders well. Did I mention no talking?).
Vegetarians don't eat meat, vegans won't even eat fish.
A gay female vegan will not go down on a girl and will only be penetrated by veggies.
As for the mute part, even if she is being serviced by a girl, or cucumber, or both, her O face will never moan.
Takes orders well? Did you forget that she's a woman? It's a trap!

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 15 June 2017, 17:35
Been There Done That

Ruby Rose - the mute "badass" in JW2 is Gay and supports PETA. Somehow I doubt she's on the receiving end.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 15 June 2017, 18:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Ruby Rose - the mute "badass" in JW2 is Gay and supports PETA. Somehow I doubt she's on the receiving end.
She sounds like the perfect ummm, person, for DD

"Rose came out as a lesbian at the age of 12. Because of her sexuality, she suffered verbal taunts and physical abuse from her schoolmates, which led to a suicide attempt. She was also sexually abused as a child by a relative, and has bipolar disorder with a propensity towards clinical depression.[31]

With regard to childhood gender nonconformity, Rose said she wanted to be a boy while growing up and that she was saving up money to physically transition from female to male.[34][35] She said, "It was in my mind as something I wanted to do and then I just... didn't. I guess I grew out of it. I even used to sleep on my front because I didn't want to get boobs ever, which I think worked actually."

She stated that modelling led her to discover androgyny, and allowed her to model with different gender expressions. She recalled, "I remember being at a Yum Cha restaurant with my dad and the owner coming up and saying, 'Excuse me, we're trying to work out if you're a handsome boy or a beautiful girl.' It was a compliment and I was shocked, and when I thought about it I actually wanted to be a handsome boy"."

Our new posting rules