Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 March 2013, 15:33
Russian Tycoon

Sums it up pretty well. What a freak show.

Quote:
“It does look like the decision to release the detainees was a political determination and not a monetary determination,” said Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. He said the administration was trying to frighten the American people.

“It appears to me that the release of the detainees was part of a sequester campaign that included the fictional firing of teachers, the closing of the White House for student tours, the displacement of meat inspectors and now we are going to release aggravated felons, some aggravated felons, onto the street,” Gowdy said.
http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/...al-immigrants/
Old 29 April 2013, 11:57

Immigration bill gives businesses who employed illegals and paid them under the table a free pass.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...yers-illegals/

"...four different ways businesses get a break: Employers who have illegal immigrants on their payroll can keep them there with no penalty; there is no assessment of back taxes for their employees who worked off the books; those who paid unfair wages will not be prosecuted; and those who aided fraud by accepting bogus Social Security numbers won’t face a penalty".

Fucking bullshit! If you or I were to make an honest mistake on our taxes we'd be penalized with fees and interest.
These businesses commit fraud to the tune of millions and skate.

Oh well, it's not like we need the revenue from all the back taxes anyway...
Old 29 April 2013, 12:54
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmurphy View Post
Fucking bullshit!
Pretty much...

In other news, Alabama's appeal that would make it a crime for persons to harbor illegal aliens was rejected by the court.

Quote:
The Supreme Court has rejected Alabama's appeal to revive portions of a state immigration law, including a section that made it a crime to harbor people who are living in the country illegally.

The justices on Monday left in place a federal appeals court ruling that blocked parts of the law. Justice Antonin Scalia voted to hear the state's appeal.

The law's purpose was to reduce the "number of illegal aliens" in Alabama.

The Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said immigration law primarily is the responsibility of the federal government and that the state lacked the authority to enforce the challenged provisions. The appeals court ruling followed last year's Supreme Court ruling that blocked some parts of Arizona's immigration law.
As far as I am concerned, there are two principal ways for someone to stay illegally in the country (of course, there are exceptions but this is the big picture): either somebody is harboring the illegal alient or somebody provides him/her with a job.The logical thing, in my opinion, would be do go after the "enablers", but what do I know?
Old 29 April 2013, 13:25
Confirmed User

Bravo to Alabama. I think the states should start following this as an example and get away from underneath the federal funding teat. They always threaten to withhold funding whenever the states don't do what the fed wants.
Old 30 April 2013, 13:59
Been There Done That

Problem being with most of Alabama is it is an agriculture state and the farmer harbors them for the picking season. The illegals are willing to accept a third of what lazy citizens are willing to take.
Another problem we have here is we are the home for the SPLC in all their infinite wisdom.
We also have state employees that say that illegals do not hurt the ecomomy or the job market in this state. It would cost us more to get rid of them than just let them stay and work.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 3 May 2013, 19:57
Confirmed User

Kid goes into North Korea lookin at 15 years (haha) come here get healthcare welfare drivers licsense housing.nope nothing wrong with this fucking picture
Old 22 May 2013, 11:42
On the Extract Bird

I continue to be flabbergasted by the way our elected officials believe this is all ok. Just give every illegal all the welfare and tax bennies they want, what the fuck! Then let those on terrorist lists purchase firearms!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...age%2BHotsheet

Senate panel OKs tax-welfare benefits for newly legal immigrants

The SenateJudiciary Committee voted Monday to allow illegal immigrants who get legal status to begin collecting tax-welfare payments, as the panel spent a fourth day working through amendments to the massive immigration bill and party-line splits began to emerge.

In one major change, the committee voted 17-1 to make a third drunken-driving conviction a deportable offense for the newly legalized immigrants if at least one of those offenses occurs after they are approved for legal status.

But immigrant-rights groups called that a rollback of due-process rights for the immigrants and said a drunken-driving incident shouldn’t cost someone a chance at citizenship.

“We cannot and will not support hard-line proposals that take away discretion and limit an individual’s ability to pursue the pathway to citizenship,” said Paromita Shah, associate director of the National Lawyers Guild’s National Immigration Project.

Overall, the committee continued to maintain the delicate balance struck by the “Gang of Eight” senators who negotiated the 867-page bill: Quick legal status for illegal immigrants, but delaying citizenship rights until after the administration spends more money on border security, puts in place a new electronic verification system to check workers’ status, and enacts an entry-exit system to check visas at airports and seaports.

In previous days’ action, two Republican members of the Gang of Eight — Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Jeff Flake of Arizona — joined with Democrats to block a series of GOP amendments to stiffen the bill’s security.
But on Monday, the two Republicans sided with their party colleagues on key questions on giving illegal immigrants public benefits.

The 10 Democrats on the committee still outnumber the newly unified Republicans, but the votes signaled tough fights ahead on the Senate floor.

In one vote, Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, tried to prevent anyone but citizens and green-card holders from being able to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, which uses the tax code to transfer money to the poor.

But Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, said that would deny the tax credit not only to legalized immigrants but also refugees, asylum-seekers and other legal workers.
And Sen. Mazie K. Hirono, Hawaii Democrat, said denying the tax credit to legalized immigrants would hurt their children, many of whom are U.S. citizens.

The committee avoided what likely would have been a bitter fight over guns and whether those on the government’s terrorist watch list should be allowed to buy firearms when Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, Rhode Island Democrat, withdrew his amendment.

“Evidently we think it’s OK for people on the terrorist watch list to buy a gun,” Mr. Whitehouse said.

He said he would try again later when the bill comes to the Senate floor.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:46
Confirmed User

Thanks, bmbsqd....I was having a fairly decent day until I read your last post.

Why I continue to read this thread, I don't know. All it does is piss me off.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:42
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Thanks, bmbsqd....I was having a fairly decent day until I read your last post.

Why I continue to read this thread, I don't know. All it does is piss me off.

Sorry Freebird...there is more!

So...it I read all of the latest illegal immigration shit correctly, here is what it TRULY is, versus what we were told.

- They WILL get welfare

- They WILL get tax breaks

- They WONT have to pay back taxes

- They WONT have to wait a decade for citizenship

- They WILL be able to get DLs and vote

Holy shit...why not just give them citizenship now and say the hell with it?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ck-taxes-paid/

Immigration bill backers say not all back-taxes will be paid

The Senate immigration bill’s authors acknowledged Tuesday that their legislation does not require illegal immigrants to pay all back taxes, saying it would be too difficult to make them ante up everything they might owe.

Sen. Charles E. Schumer, the New York Democrat who is chief sponsor of the bill, said illegal immigrants by definition are living in the shadows, and requiring them to reconstruct their pay history could be tough — and potentially keep many of them from legalization.

“We all realize that the system is broken. We all realize that people did wrong things. And the goal is to set this right by letting those in the shadows come out,” Mr. Schumer said Tuesday as the Judiciary Committee plowed through more amendments to the 867-page immigration bill. “The worry I have here is that by being as rigid … as this amendment is, that it will delay and prevent many, many people from coming out of the shadows.”

The issue of back taxes is an emotionally charged part of the current immigration debate.

Mr. Schumer and the other members of the bipartisan “Gang of Eight” who wrote the immigration bill have said the legislation requires illegal immigrants to pay “a fine and back taxes,” and that is true — up to a point.

The bill says that before illegal immigrants can apply for initial legal status, they must have “satisfied any applicable federal tax liability.” That is defined as “all federal income taxes assessed.”

The problem is that the IRS will only have assessed taxes on work it knows about. At least half of all illegal immigrants work off the books, meaning their wages never came to the tax agency’s attention, and the illegal immigrants didn’t pay taxes on it.

Sen. Mike Lee, Utah Republican who is not part of the Gang of Eight, said that’s not good enough. He offered an amendment Tuesday that would have required illegal immigrants to prove that they don’t have any tax liabilities.

If an immigrant has worked illegally in the United States for 10 years and the IRS has no tax records for that immigrant, then this bill would, by my reading, not require the immigrant to pay any back taxes,” Mr. Lee said.

His amendment was defeated on a voice vote.

Mr. Schumer said he agreed with the intent of the amendment, but said “the difficulty is when you get below the 10,000-foot concept to the reality.”

He said part of being an illegal worker meant not keeping records, and he didn’t see a way to make illegal immigrants go about recreating those work records.

Mr. Schumer said requiring all back taxes to be paid could prevent as many as 5 million illegal immigrants from getting legal status.

ETA: Oh NOOOOO! We couldn't leave those 5 million Democrats out of the process!
Old 22 May 2013, 14:50
Been There Done That

No what will piss you off is the tax refunds that are suspossedly going to countries south of the border.
FOX news article: August 22, 2012
Illegal immigrants could reap more than $7B in tax credits this year, senator says

Illegal immigrants could receive more than $7 billion this year in federal tax credits, according to one estimate, thanks to a loophole in the law that allows people not authorized to work to reap the government payments with no questions asked.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 22 May 2013, 15:06
On the Extract Bird

I saw a commercial the other day with Rubio smiling his childish ass in to the camera and promising that illegals would never get welfare. What a fucking liar. I hope his primary opponents play that commercial over and over!

http://cis.org/rubio-deceptive-amnesty-ad

Fucking lies!
Old 11 August 2013, 10:32
On the Extract Bird

Read this on Breitbart. Wow...just claim you are afraid of the Cartel and come on in!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Mexico-Border

At the Otay crossing near the San Diego border last Monday, about 200 people coming from Mexico gained entry to the United States all using the same key phrase; they claimed they had a 'credible fear' of drug cartels. According to KSAZ FoxPheonix:
So many were doing this that they had to close down the processing center and move the overflow by vans to another station.

"They are being told if they come across the border, when they come up to the border and they say certain words, they will be allowed into the country," said a person who did not want to be identified on camera. "We are being overwhelmed."

More at the link above.....
Old 11 August 2013, 12:24
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbsqd View Post
I saw a commercial the other day with Rubio smiling his childish ass in to the camera and promising that illegals would never get welfare. What a fucking liar. I hope his primary opponents play that commercial over and over!

http://cis.org/rubio-deceptive-amnesty-ad

Fucking lies!
Rubio shot his wad for this immigration bill. While he will still get elected, he lost a lot of my respect.

I agree, I think his ads a pure unadulterated bullshit

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 11 August 2013, 15:05
Overseas Gunplumber

We can't stop dead people from collecting SSN benefits and we have massive food stamp/welfare fraud. Yet, magically we will be able to stop millions of amnestied illegals from collecting welfare. Right.......

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 12 August 2013, 08:37
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbsqd View Post
Read this on Breitbart. Wow...just claim you are afraid of the Cartel and come on in!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Mexico-Border

At the Otay crossing near the San Diego border last Monday, about 200 people coming from Mexico gained entry to the United States all using the same key phrase; they claimed they had a 'credible fear' of drug cartels. According to KSAZ FoxPheonix:
So many were doing this that they had to close down the processing center and move the overflow by vans to another station.

"They are being told if they come across the border, when they come up to the border and they say certain words, they will be allowed into the country," said a person who did not want to be identified on camera. "We are being overwhelmed."

More at the link above.....
Next thing you know and the illegals awaiting removal will use defensive asylum process to avoid deportation.
Old 12 August 2013, 13:54
Russian Tycoon

This is so ironic. Here is a guy who actually should be getting political asylum as far as I am concerned, yet he has been waiting for three years to get his visa, while his and his family life is endangered. Good on Dakota Meyer for trying to expedite his case (LINK).
Old 12 August 2013, 14:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
This is so ironic.
What she said..
Old 12 August 2013, 17:11
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock
Here is a guy who actually should be getting political asylum as far as I am concerned, yet he has been waiting for three years to get his visa, while his and his family life is endangered. Good on Dakota Meyer for trying to expedite his case....
Why? What does the US receive in exchange for allowing this person to come to the US? Did he start helping Americans with the promise of a visa? Or was it a paycheck?

We have enough people who have NOTHING in common with Americans who are coming to this country.

Each immigrant to the US should be evaluated on their ability to provide a benefit to the nation, their willingness to adapt to OUR nation and culture (not vice versa), and whether they are to be a burden or participant in/on the work force.

The above still allows for immigrants -- it just removes the "ohwoeisthou" factor from the decision making process....
Old 12 August 2013, 17:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Why? What does the US receive in exchange for allowing this person to come to the US? Did he start helping Americans with the promise of a visa? Or was it a paycheck?

We have enough people who have NOTHING in common with Americans who are coming to this country.

Each immigrant to the US should be evaluated on their ability to provide a benefit to the nation, their willingness to adapt to OUR nation and culture (not vice versa), and whether they are to be a burden or participant in/on the work force.

The above still allows for immigrants -- it just removes the "ohwoeisthou" factor from the decision making process....

To date I have spent over 10k to ensure my wife has been by the letter of the law from day one. I personally feel I did it all for nothing. Literally.
Old 12 August 2013, 18:03
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Icon5

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b
To date I have spent over 10k to ensure my wife has been by the letter of the law from day one. I personally feel I did it all for nothing. Literally.
Are you stating that you believe the money spent was not necessary? Wasn't useful? In the end you wish you hadn't sponsored her? Don't want to live here yourself?

Your post is unclear....

Our new posting rules