SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 March 2018, 19:01
Shakin' the bush Boss

Quote:
behind my couch.
My wife calls me a money hoarder. I have all these envolopes of money stuck around for "projects". I'll slip in 20 here or 50 there and eventually get what I need. I found an envelope in the toolbox at my shop with 1k in it and I have no idea how long it's been there or what the original purpose was. I've been retired 12 years and I know it's been there at least that long.
Old 12 March 2018, 19:14
I am Johan

Quote:
I found an envelope in the toolbox at my shop with 1k in it
That's definitely a "small" pleasure! I have this knack for hoarding money and leaving it somewhere as well. Even though I know it was me who stuck the money in there in the first place, once I forget about it and find it I have a feeling like I found some free $$$. It's weird but true.
This time though, it was just random change that fell out of my pocket once.
Old 12 March 2018, 20:25
Did...did I do that?

My dad's mom did this back in the 70s as she started growing senile. She'd order a liquor delivery and write a check for $10 or $20 over, then hide the extra money in a random stack of papers or newspapers.

Made it hell going through things after she died. They had to go through every scrap of paper.
Old 12 March 2018, 20:44
Confirmed User

I've used the 'dollar-bill method' a couple of times to hoard up some money. At the end of every day any dollar bills come out of the wallet and into the fund. Forced me to stop using debit for everything so you kind of get a better feel for funds when dealing with cash only.
Old 12 March 2018, 21:29
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Didn't get any Vettes, there were only two there and they both outran me, but the dude I went with has a 30K purpose built race car from the Bondurant driving school and I busted his ass by .6 seconds and I smoked several much newer Mustangs. Nothing like busting fancy assed sportscars in a wore ass out 5K Firebird.
HAHAAAA! Great news! bet it was fun!
Old 13 March 2018, 00:42
Spice Weasel

A judge who actually solves problems.

After my client ranted at trial about how the county was discriminating against him because it is enforcing the health code, she calls the county attorney and me up to the stand and says "here's what I think we should do...." To which I respond "yeah, that's the exact deal I've been trying to get him to take for a month now." Then she tells my client that he's going to do x, y, and z, and she is going to make sure the county treats him fairly and supervise the whole process. And she's in the middle of a 5 week trial on another case to boot, but she'll take time for his problem.

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 17 March 2018, 22:09
Time is a flat circle

Tis the season....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.8 KB, 203 views)

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 17 March 2018, 22:29
Another pool cleaner

That looks delicious!
Old 17 March 2018, 23:04
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
That looks delicious!
They are!!!!

Breakfast in the morning: white gravy with crawfish tails, biscuits with sausage that was boiled with said crawfish the night before.....

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 18 March 2018, 17:39
Shakin' the bush Boss

Getting a new (for me) truck. Chevy 2500 with the 8.1L gas V8. Should pull anything I care to attach to it. It's an 02 model, but it was one old man owner and has 60K on it. Belonged to a buddies dad who passed away last year. Let the dick jokes begin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck.JPG (160.7 KB, 181 views)
Old 18 March 2018, 19:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Getting a new (for me) truck. Chevy 2500 with the 8.1L gas V8. Should pull anything I care to attach to it. It's an 02 model, but it was one old man owner and has 60K on it. Belonged to a buddies dad who passed away last year. Let the dick jokes begin.
Nice. I've been on the hunt for a used 4wd the last month. Looking for a Dodge Dakota just to get me around the county.

Tired of the payments. Been scooting around in the spouse units buggy since November. I totataled my GMC.

I had a seizure while driving and came to 70 yds off the highway staring at trees. There is this passerby that sees the truck, I faintly hear him keep saying "hey buddy, you ok"? I wake to see him sitting in my passenger seat.

I take one look at him and then look forward. My response, " who the fuck are You? And why am I parked in the woods".

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 18 March 2018, 20:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Congrats on the new Truck. Nice find, nice color.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 18 March 2018, 21:23
Shakin' the bush Boss

Even my wife likes it. It's got leather and all that, not the usual cheap ass wore out shit I usually buy.
Old 18 March 2018, 21:28
Been There Done That

Happy wife = happy life I am told.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 18 March 2018, 21:31
Shakin' the bush Boss

She even offered to pay for it, I bought her a brand new Subaru for a 25th a couple of years ago.
Old 18 March 2018, 22:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I had a seizure while driving .....
You're a mess....can you catch a break in the health arena?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 18 March 2018, 22:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
You're a mess....can you catch a break in the health arena?
Fuck No!

Scheduled for another surgery April 2nd to try to unfuck the damage done from the hernia mesh fiasco last year. Not looking forward to it. This one's gonna hurt.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 19 March 2018, 09:21
Confirmed User

Good Luck on the second round of hernia surgery.

I have been researching Dr's in the Durham area to have mine re-checked/re-done.

I had my done in the Spring of 2010 and I knew after the first year that it was screwed up.

I kept telling myself it was from where I went to Basic/AIT in the fall of 2010 and I wasn't completely healed so I need time to let it mend.

I am dreading the second surgery.....
Old 20 March 2018, 20:21
Shakin' the bush Boss

They're calling for a big ass pile of wet snow here on the Blue Ridge tonight. I've got the woodstove chunkin, a quart of apple brandy and a 12 pack of Yuengling. Bring it.
Old 23 March 2018, 21:10
Drawing my cutlass

This for a loaded potato. Fuck you, diet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bacon.jpg (36.0 KB, 47 views)

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy

Our new posting rules