Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 19 October 2017, 16:48
Authorized Personnel

General Kelly's speech was one of the best, most authentic speeches I have heard in a long time. Well spoken and no teleprompter. Straight from the heart.

Job well done, General!
Old 19 October 2017, 16:49
Been There Done That

My prayers are with these warriors and their families. Many in our country do not realize the sacrifices being made daily by our special operations community. The latest twist on this tragedy by political vermin makes me sick. I would not be able to control my rage were I in the vicinity of such contempt.

Last edited by schibbs; 19 October 2017 at 16:55. Reason: Grammar
Old 19 October 2017, 18:42

What an eloquent lesson in perspective from General Kelly. Very sorry it required these losses, any losses, and vain attempts to co-opt their value to be brought to a public that should not need the reminder.

DaveP
Old 20 October 2017, 11:46
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post

...The latest twist on this tragedy by political vermin makes me sick...
It's fucking disgusting to watch various people attempt to use this tragedy to score political points...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 20 October 2017, 14:13
Been There Done That

Very sad. RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
General Kelly's speech was one of the best, most authentic speeches I have heard in a long time. Well spoken and no teleprompter. Straight from the heart.

Job well done, General!
Agree. My opinion of him after that speech has risen immeasurably. I thought he had been appropriated by Globalists- but apparently he doesn't like the changes in our society either.

My opinion of GW Bush after his little speech on the same day, however...way down, not that it was ever high to begin with. And he proves why with his full blown Globo-Cuck routine.
19 Oct 2017
Old 20 October 2017, 15:13
Moving Target

its sickening to see McCain get involved. I will be so happy when he is done for good.
Old 20 October 2017, 23:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
its sickening to see McCain get involved. I will be so happy when he is done for good.
He really is a bitter old man. He needs to resign and go home to Arizona and hopefully beat his current medical problems. Get some new, young blood in the Senate. As far as the Niger ambush and the politicization of their deaths and the follow on phone calls to the NOK, it is absolutely disgusting and all sides, left & right, need to check themselves.
Old 25 October 2017, 10:41
Shakin' the bush Boss

Turning an already grieving family into a political football is just dead up reprehensible. Now the press is hustling calling families of every KIA since January trying to dig up dirt on how POTUS handled the phone calls. WTF? No shame in the dirt digging expedition.
Old 5 March 2018, 06:00
Confirmed User

Helmet cam footage was released today. ****** has a version with removed Muj soundtrack and fake screams. It's really hard to watch.
Old 5 March 2018, 09:44
Navigating

It would’ve been posted elsewhere, really didn’t see the need for them to put it on their site. Expection could be to edit the nonsense out if it, I guess..
Old 5 March 2018, 14:03
Confirmed User

In today's society with all the modern technology it's only inevitable that the most private and extraordinary events become video for the world to see.

I really hope these men's families aren't troubled anymore than what's already happened. Wishful thinking I know...
Old 5 March 2018, 14:15
Unemployed Stunt Double

Writing just for myself, I don't have an issue with the posts from today in this thread.

Going forward, folks need to tread carefully posting on this topic. It is a pretty touchy subject with many of us.
Old 5 March 2018, 14:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Writing just for myself, I don't have an issue with the posts from today in this thread.

Going forward, folks need to tread carefully posting on this topic. It is a pretty touchy subject with many of us.
This video truly opens up raw emotion for those of us that have been in up close and similar situations. It doesn't get any more real than that.

I agree with Gavin regarding the video, this event is still raw and fresh within the community, and the video just exacerbates the contempt and hatred we all feel for the enemy.

Rest in peace brothers, the fight is still continuing, only with a little bit of a sharper edge on our knives. Your lives and efforts were not in vain. Rest easy, we have the watch.
“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.” -William F. Butler

Last edited by Boyo72; 5 March 2018 at 14:44. Reason: spelling
Old 5 March 2018, 14:44
Calculating Infinity...

Bad Situation, RIP Men.
Old 5 March 2018, 14:52
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo72 View Post
This video truly opens up raw emotion for those of us that have been in up close and similar situations. It doesn't get any more real than that.

I agree with Gavin regarding the video, this event is still raw and fresh within the community, and the video just exacerbates the contempt and hatred we all feel for the enemy.
I'm not sure if any of you watched the last episode of "Chain of Command" on NatGeo, but it was filmed with them and their unit right before this incident occurred. It was a sad episode...to say the least. Many people simply don't realize that our Warriors are still out-and-about fighting wars they have never heard of and giving their lives while doing so.
Old 5 March 2018, 15:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I'm not sure if any of you watched the last episode of "Chain of Command" on NatGeo, but it was filmed with them and their unit right before this incident occurred. It was a sad episode...to say the least. Many people simply don't realize that our Warriors are still out-and-about fighting wars they have never heard of and giving their lives while doing so.
Agoge-

Thanks for that. Been out of the loop for a while.

SOF has been at this for a long while now, and at some point it is going to be mandatory to come up for air.
“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.” -William F. Butler
Old 5 March 2018, 15:38
Administrator

Motherfuckers.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 6 March 2018, 00:34
Been There Done That

I will not watch the video.

Fuck those fuckers for posting it.
Old 6 March 2018, 00:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
I will not watch it.
I wish I hadn’t. I watched it in the morning and it stuck with me all day. I’m on contract with a guy who messaged me a few hours later and told me he had seen it and not to watch it if I hadn’t seen it yet.

I spent a stint in grad school to become a therapist at the VA. I have never really had a reaction to media before, as is commonly discussed in qualitative study of PTSD.

I could taste it. I could feel the burning desire to grab the other strap on that plate carrier. Unreal.
Old 6 March 2018, 02:03
Confirmed User

RIP to the fallen. I won't watch the video either.

Our new posting rules