SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 9 March 2018, 16:55
Did...did I do that?

The catch on this one is that she signed the ticket in her name (like all the advice tells you to do), not in the name of the LLC (which didn't exist at the time she signed the ticket). She wants them to waive the rules and let the LLC claim the ticket, but the lottery is saying the LLC can't claim the ticket because it's already been signed by a person, not a member of a trust or LLC for the trust or LLC.
Old 9 March 2018, 16:56

Being that I am in a magnanimous mood today I can see the problem with someone opening themselves up to every tricky-dick sneaky pete con artist out there.........but also see the need for the public to know that there are actual winners and the soul-sucking fuckers in govt aren't just embezzling the funds for trips aboard the Lolita express.

That being said, don't see why you can't just have people hire a lawyer/representative to be the public face of who claims the prize, and have a court 'seal' or otherwise obfuscate the actual name of the person who won (if you so wish). If someone REALLY wants to know the identity of the person who won, have them submit to a court to 'unmask' the id of the person. That way there's at least some review going on and its not a public free-for-all.

And yes, I understand con-artists will likely be first in line to see who won........but it's at least one layer of security for those who win.
Old 9 March 2018, 17:25
Been There Done That

OK I just won the big one (just kidding).

I'll dump all my phones and land line. Get a new cell phone. Send $9,000 to all my real friends, $9,000 to all my wife's friends, $9,000 to my mother, brother, sister and cousins.

$100,000 to my church, a number of SF related organizations, the Salvation Army and a few other sundry organizations.

Anybody else looking for a handout will get "Fuck You". I'll so enjoy saying that.

Oh, I did promise a friend that if I won a multi million dollar lottery I'd buy him the Harley of his choice - and I'd honor that promise.

Let's see. Anything else? Oh, yeah, the next spring I'd hike the AT south to north and be free with my debit card to whatever hiker is around me when we find a food place.

Anybody who doesn't like that can't call me an asshole - they'll have to call me a rich asshole.
Old 9 March 2018, 17:45
Been There Done That

For $100,000 and a Glock 20 10mm each - GPC and myself will hike the AT with you. One of us walking 50-100 meters behind you and one of us 50-100 meters in front of you. And sleeping in a security perimeter at camp sites or huts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 9 March 2018, 17:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Being that I am in a magnanimous mood today I can see the problem with someone opening themselves up to every tricky-dick sneaky pete con artist out there.........but also see the need for the public to know that there are actual winners and the soul-sucking fuckers in govt aren't just embezzling the funds for trips aboard the Lolita express.

That being said, don't see why you can't just have people hire a lawyer/representative to be the public face of who claims the prize, and have a court 'seal' or otherwise obfuscate the actual name of the person who won (if you so wish). If someone REALLY wants to know the identity of the person who won, have them submit to a court to 'unmask' the id of the person. That way there's at least some review going on and its not a public free-for-all.

And yes, I understand con-artists will likely be first in line to see who won........but it's at least one layer of security for those who win.
If you won half a billion, even if you were able to remain anonymous at first, you would be front page news soon for either marrying or stalking Tay-Tay.

Old 9 March 2018, 17:55
Time is a flat circle

DD0311 wins the powerball:

"Multi-millionaire goes on hours long mouth frothy, diatribe about lizard Illuminate and women in combat arms in town square"

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 9 March 2018, 18:02

I already have won the powerball and have hired a dude to hide in plain sight to tell everyone how it is. Betcha didn't know that, did ya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwWUkRZs8M
Old 9 March 2018, 18:03
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
I already have won the powerball and have hired a dude to hide in plain sight to tell everyone how it is. Betcha didn't know that, did ya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwWUkRZs8M
Bwhahahahhaha

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 9 March 2018, 18:08
Been There Done That

That actually is a real video of Dirty Dog from last year's Rainbow Gathering in Oregon.

Old 9 March 2018, 18:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
For $100,000 and a Glock 20 10mm each - GPC and myself will hike the AT with you. One of us walking 50-100 meters behind you and one of us 50-100 meters in front of you. And sleeping in a security perimeter at camp sites or huts.
Deal - if I win the big one, but you can walk closer.
Old 9 March 2018, 19:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
I'd have to hire some of you to assist in telling people to get fucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I specialize in that particular skillset. Let me know when you win.
Hey hey hey. Telling people to get fucked is CLEARLY public affairs.
Old 9 March 2018, 20:32
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
50 GI he can afford it.
Old 12 March 2018, 17:13
Did...did I do that?

She won.

Quote:
A New Hampshire woman who won a Powerball jackpot worth nearly $560 million can keep her name private, a judge ruled Monday.

In his order, Judge Charles Temple said the woman -- known as "Jane Doe" in her lawsuit against the New Hampshire Lottery Commission -- had proven that her right to privacy outweighed the public's interest in learning her name.

The judge wrote that he had "no doubts whatsoever that should Ms. Doe's identity be revealed, she will be subject to an alarming amount of harassment, solicitation, and other unwanted communications."
Old 12 March 2018, 19:18
At the Barn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Good. Now when I win I don't have to worry about my deadbeat family looking for handouts!
Old 12 March 2018, 22:00
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
She won
If I don't like the rules I should be able to blow them off.

If I don't agree with the law I should be able to break it.

If the Constitution gets in my way I should be able to ignore it.

Makes perfect sense.

Pleasing everybody? Impossible. Pissing everybody off? Piece of cake.
Old 13 March 2018, 08:02
Drawing my cutlass

She challenged the rule, the judge ruled in her favor. Kudos to her lawyer who crafted the argument.

Now excuse me while I negotiate with the FAA to get an ILS approved for LP's airfield.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 13 March 2018, 11:57
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
She challenged the rule, the judge ruled in her favor. Kudos to her lawyer who crafted the argument.

Now excuse me while I negotiate with the FAA to get an ILS approved for LP's airfield.
The Lottery didn't come to her after the fact and say "Oh by the way we're going to plaster your name and address all over the place". She didn't challenge the policy until after it stood to effect her adversely. If I buy a quick pick ticket can I go back after the drawing and tell them I really want to choose my numbers now?

This case is a sterling example of why government thinks the citizenry is too stupid to make decisions for ourselves.

Pleasing everybody? Impossible. Pissing everybody off? Piece of cake.
Old 13 March 2018, 12:06
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickT View Post
The Lottery didn't come to her after the fact and say "Oh by the way we're going to plaster your name and address all over the place". She didn't challenge the policy until after it stood to effect her adversely. If I buy a quick pick ticket can I go back after the drawing and tell them I really want to choose my numbers now?

This case is a sterling example of why government thinks the citizenry is too stupid to make decisions for ourselves.
She took her right as a citizen and challenged the rule, it came up in her favor. We'll never know, but had the judge ruled against her argument, I have no doubt she would have complied with unmasking her name to collect her fortune and she probably had a contingency plan to fortress herself from the onslaught of grifters.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 13 March 2018, 15:49
Been There Done That

Most people have at least a couple of friends.

She's a she so she probably has at least a couple of good friends from high school or college.

Even with a pinky promise somebody is going to blab and the word will get out. Might take a few months but it will.
Old 13 March 2018, 16:07
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAPete View Post

Most people have at least a couple of friends.

She's a she so she probably has at least a couple of good friends from high school or college.

Even with a pinky promise somebody is going to blab and the word will get out. Might take a few months but it will.
Yep, like they say, the only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."

Our new posting rules