SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 14 February 2018, 23:28
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
One of my best friends was murdered.

Jumped in front of some kids trying to protect them.

I was the Best Man at his wedding.

Fuck.

That was Aaron, till the end.
I saw the story of what he did. Heroic doesn't do it justice.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 14 February 2018, 23:43
Confirmed User

Very up and down evening. I honestly don’t know what’s going on. So many conflicting phone calls & texts etc.

I really hope he is alive.

Pray, cross your eyes, light a candle etc.

My FB news feed is getting sadder with people posting pics of loved ones who didn’t come home today...
Old 14 February 2018, 23:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
I really hope he is alive.

Pray, cross your eyes, light a candle etc.

My FB news feed is getting sadder with people posting pics of loved ones who didnít come home today...
Praying for your friend and those who are recovering, and those who unfortunately didn't - RIP.
Old 15 February 2018, 00:03
Authorized Personnel

Ted I hope Aaron comes out ok but I’m saddended you might have lost others. Sharky, your post was spot on... RIP to the fallen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 15 February 2018, 00:28
Isiah 53

This sort of event just leaves me so damned angry and deeply saddened. Prayers out to all who have loved ones lost or injured.
Ted, my best hopes and prayers.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

ďA little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.Ē -Francis Bacon
Old 15 February 2018, 01:04
Legbreaker Extraordinaire

Prayers out for the fallen, and for Aaron's quick and full recovery. You and yours are in those prayers, too, Ted.
Old 15 February 2018, 02:38
killjoy

Very thankful for people like your friend, Ted.
I can only imagine if this happened at the school where my kids go, and whether there would be a hero like your buddy to take action.

His family and friends like yourself must be so proud. I really hope he checks out of the hospital in good condition and heals from this.

Very sad for those that didn't make it and hope the best for the wounded.
Old 15 February 2018, 02:47
Confirmed User

Heartbreaking. All these innocent lives ended by the act of a vile animal.
My thoughts are with all people affected.

ETA:
What on earth brings media to show footage from inside the school showing the actual shooting? Absolutely appalling and reckless.

Last edited by Le3; 15 February 2018 at 02:52.
Old 15 February 2018, 03:45
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
What on earth brings media to show footage from inside the school showing the actual shooting? Absolutely appalling and reckless.
I noticed that as well and found it equally questionable as a method to scrape the bottom of the barrel for some views/clicks.
Old 15 February 2018, 05:46
I am Johan

Quote:
Absolutely appalling and reckless.
I think that modern media keep pushing the limits of what's should be shown pretty far. IMO way too far. I get the idea of showing things as they are, but some decency and respect should be kept....that's how I see it. Especially in situations like this.
Old 15 February 2018, 06:43
FIDO

So many conflicting stories. Praying for your friend and his family.
Old 15 February 2018, 07:16
Been There Done That

Sorry about your friend Ted. Prayers out. He is a brave man.

Terrible tragedy. I just don't get it.

Its not the rifle that killed the innocents there. It was just another instrument of death. It's the evil or unstable mentality inside of one.

One day they'll get smart enough to put qualified School Security Officers in schools, ARMED.

The High School I used to work only had a female Security Officer with a stun gun.

Any deranged asshole could go in an Elementary School with a baseball bat or claw hammer and kill dozens.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 15 February 2018, 07:21
Confirmed User

Terrible situation. So many red flags, and kids and teachers knew this kid was trouble..
I hope Teds Friends situation turns out better than hoped. True warrior no doubt. Awesome human being to put ones life in harms way for others. Prayers.
Old 15 February 2018, 07:45
Been There Done That

Just read that your friend Aaron died, Ted.

God Bless

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 15 February 2018, 08:01
Confirmed User

Damn, R.I.P. Aaron. A true American hero. So very sorry for your loss Ted. Prayers out to all.
Old 15 February 2018, 08:13
Been There Done That

R.I.P. to Aaron. Very sorry for your losses Ted.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 15 February 2018, 08:25
Moving Target

Im sorry to hear this Ted. God Bless Him! Rest in Peace. Heaven awaits!
Old 15 February 2018, 08:33
Important nobody

Sorry for your loss Ted. Hero, no other words...........
Old 15 February 2018, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
This goes back to how we raise our kids and what we have allowed our society to become. This is a temper tantrum with a gun. This is the same kid who falls out kicking and screaming at the grocery store because he didn't get the candy he wanted and mommy either caves or lets him get away with it. The kid who was never taught how to lose and learn from it and do better next time. That the most effective way to deal with a bully is a punch in the nose. Kids who have never been in a playground tussle and when it was over found their new best friend.

Putting cops in every school is treating the symptoms, not the root cause.

We had guns at school all the time. I have literally walked down the hallway of my high school holding a variety of weapons and nobody blinked an eye. The thought of anyone doing something like this never crossed anyone's mind.

What was so different then versus now?

Our society. Corporal punishment. Discipline. Understanding that "Boys will be Boys". Church. Respect for your parents. Respect for authority in general.

It's not a mystery. We created a small Army of little monsters. Now we wonder why this is happening?

Yeah it's frustrating that it keeps happening. But we as a society created this.

RIP to the fallen. Again.
I totally agree. When I was a kid the thought of a kid shooting up a school would have been laughed at as impossible. But back then bullies were dealt with by a kid defending them selves. Fights happened. I was always told that if i ever started a fight I would be in big trouble, but if a another kid started one I had better finish it. Our society has created a generation of victims. A kid that stands up for him self is made out to look like a bad kid, just as bad as the bully. This makes me so mad and sad. How do we turn back the clock and fix this. My deepest sympathies for the victims and for the loss of friends.
Old 15 February 2018, 08:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
I noticed that as well and found it equally questionable as a method to scrape the bottom of the barrel for some views/clicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
I think that modern media keep pushing the limits of what's should be shown pretty far. IMO way too far. I get the idea of showing things as they are, but some decency and respect should be kept....that's how I see it. Especially in situations like this.

News from another state about a possible foiled shooting. The kids perpetrating this are nothing more than immature kids employing terror as a temper tantrum (c-Sharky). LINK

Quote:
An 18-year-old student was arrested after a journal was found detailing plans to shoot his classmates at ACES High School in Everett.

According to the Everett Police Department, the 18-year-oldís grandmother called 911 Tuesday morning after finding the journal and believed the threats to shoot students at the school were credible.
Excerpts from the journal show the teen had been thinking about the shooting frequently and wanted to make it "infamous," according to probable cause documents.
Court documents state the young man wrote, "I can't wait to walk into class and blow all those (expletives) away," and "I need to make this shooting/bombing infamous. I need to get the biggest fatality number I possible can."

Our new posting rules