SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 March 2018, 20:33
The Sagacious One

I have 1300 gallons of capacity for propane, a 500 and a 1000 gallon. I am looking at a Generac 22kw. I have an 8kw gas generator now and feed it to the farm through a welder port in my shop. You have to be careful not having over powering the line in with no circuit breaker protection, you can start a fire. I have breakers on my generator and the line in goes through a breaker as well. The 22.5 kw will a switch after the meter and before the 5 x 200 amp panels I have to protect workers and power the entire farm.

Or I might buy a Harley Davidson.
Old 5 March 2018, 21:17
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
In-laws are in Dutchess County NY, a little place called Dover Plains.
I know the place. Once upon a time, many years ago in Dover Plains, when I just got off activity duty and while I was serving with B/1/11 SFG, my team was tasked with running a demo for kids at a summer camp, just off RT 22. I remember it because it was the first and only time I actually had to do a "real" FM long count because the pilot in a UH-1H was lost. Fortunately, it worked and we brought him safely into the LZ. Beautiful area!
Old 5 March 2018, 21:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I have 1300 gallons of capacity for propane, a 500 and a 1000 gallon. I am looking at a Generac 22kw. I have an 8kw gas generator now and feed it to the farm through a welder port in my shop. You have to be careful not having over powering the line in with no circuit breaker protection, you can start a fire. I have breakers on my generator and the line in goes through a breaker as well. The 22.5 kw will a switch after the meter and before the 5 x 200 amp panels I have to protect workers and power the entire farm.

Or I might buy a Harley Davidson.
The 22kw Generac and high capacity propane storage is what I run. It powers the house and a few ancillary circuits (well house, septic lift pump, etc). Adding my shops would have exceeded the system's capacity and the next step up in power would have required a diesel genset, but I have other options should that become an issue.
Old 6 March 2018, 12:47
Confirmed User

Nor'easter pics from the Atlantic

A buddy of mine who works in the Port of Charleston sent me these pics of a container ship that he was supposed to get unloaded.....this is the aftermath from last weeks Nor'easter when the ship finally reached port.... happened off the coast of Hatteras...

A bit of a rough ride?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0153-web.jpg (34.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg dscn0158-web (1).jpg (37.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg dscn0152-web.jpg (36.4 KB, 66 views)
Old 6 March 2018, 13:35
Old Scroll

Damn. Those sailors are lucky to be alive.
A shift of cargo and center of gravity that extensive could capsize a vessel, couldn't it?

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 6 March 2018, 15:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hile View Post
Feasterville here, specifically, Steve. We got ours back on Saturday afternoon, maybe 1500ish. Some friends in Churchville came back Sunday; others in Willow Grove were out most of the weekend. I think MontCo got it worse than we did.
I drove all through Montco on the way home. I work in Mt. Laurel, NJ. I made it to WG in an hour, from there it was two hours of detours through Horsham, Hatboro, North Wales, etc...

Pennridge School District had busses out until almost midnight.

Our new posting rules