SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 6 March 2018, 11:26
Sub Rosa

Valspar Golf Tournament

Its that time of year again as the Valspar Golf Tournament (Palm Harbor, FL) is taking place this weekend. The tournament does a great job for active military and retired in that you can get two complimentary tickets. Vets get reduced prices, $25 per. This years field is the best ever with Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth, and Rory Mcilroy playing. I'll be there both weekend days walking with my kids as they are standard bearers and I'll also have an extra ticket free to anyone who PMs me first.

Here is the link for military, retired, and vets: http://valsparchampionship.com/tickets/military/
Old 7 March 2018, 10:19
Authorized Personnel

I remember when Palm Harbor was just a wide spot in the road between Dunedin and Tarpon Springs...
Old 7 March 2018, 10:58
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I remember when Palm Harbor was just a wide spot in the road between Dunedin and Tarpon Springs...
Today it's completely developed from East Lake Road to the gulf. Overall the Tampa Bay area is growing exponentially every year with several billion dollar construction projects (airport and downtown) currently planned or underway. Also, the residential construction market is going through the roof. However, we need to get a handle on the traffic situation before we grow much larger.
Old 8 March 2018, 17:46
Conquer Life.

Go win yourself a bottle of the Horse Soldier bourbon in the raffle at #16... mmmmm good stuff

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 8 March 2018, 20:54
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Go win yourself a bottle of the Horse Soldier bourbon in the raffle at #16... mmmmm good stuff
Horse Soldier? I'm not a bourbon drinker, so I'll take your word on its quality. Hope you stayed warm today as the weather was a little brisk, at least for here in March. I worked today. However, if the weather stays cold over the weekend, I might need a little bit of that bourbon...
Old 9 March 2018, 14:16
Conquer Life.

Haha. Sorry, thought perhaps you may be familiar with it.

Former SF soldiers who created American Freedom Distillery and are now bottling bourbon and rum, amongst various other side projects. They were there at the military appreciation tent during the tourney, raffling off some drink to raise money for Birdies for the Brave.

It's worth checking out, if you ever do need some warming up https://www.americanfreedomdistillery.com/horse-soldier

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 9 March 2018, 15:27
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Haha. Sorry, thought perhaps you may be familiar with it.

Former SF soldiers who created American Freedom Distillery and are now bottling bourbon and rum, amongst various other side projects. They were there at the military appreciation tent during the tourney, raffling off some drink to raise money for Birdies for the Brave.

It's worth checking out, if you ever do need some warming up https://www.americanfreedomdistillery.com/horse-soldier
Thanks for the heads up, I'll stop in over at the military appreciation tent tomorrow and check it out. Also plenty of SOF dudes in this area making spirits and running bars. Because of SOCOM and the nice weather, there probably is enough retired group dudes living in this area to field an SF battalion or two.

Our new posting rules