SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 March 2018, 17:06
Confirmed User

Intersting Off roading machine...

I think it looks surprisingly familiar.. hmm.
http://www.roxoroffroad.com/roxor-offroad-vehicles
Old 12 March 2018, 17:13
Bitter old man.

Pretty cool!
Old 12 March 2018, 20:03
Corpsman Up!

Or, you could always cruise craigslist for a project, drive out to an old farm on a Saturday and buy every Willy's Part some old guy has in his barn (three 47-49 Willy's in pieces), throw it all on a trailer and spend a summer with your two son's building one from the ground up.....for a LOT less $$, and WAY more memories. Here's a pic of the lovingly dubbed "Frankenjeep"

Old 12 March 2018, 20:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck1031 View Post
Or, you could always cruise craigslist for a project, drive out to an old farm on a Saturday and buy every Willy's Part some old guy has in his barn (three 47-49 Willy's in pieces), throw it all on a trailer and spend a summer with your two son's building one from the ground up.....for a LOT less $$, and WAY more memories. Here's a pic of the lovingly dubbed "Frankenjeep"

Much much better..sweet
Old 12 March 2018, 21:17
Time is a flat circle

Dbuck, that's a good looking Jeep.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 12 March 2018, 21:18

I sent my wife a picture of one these...she sent me a picture of a couch!

What an awesome looking machine. Surprised they didn’t come out with one of these things a long time ago.
Old 13 March 2018, 01:07
Confirmed User

Made by Mahindra, a massive Indian conglomerate($13 Billion turnover). Quality (of Mahindra) is hit and miss..
Old 13 March 2018, 02:28
killjoy

You want off road, save your money and future headache and just buy a 1985 Toyota 4x4. 22RE EFI with solid axle. Put Chevy springs in the rear, F150 shock mounts in the front. Dual case it with a Marlin crawler. Swap out the push-pull steering for a hi-steer crossover from a 90 something. Let it take you over anything out there and be confident in the reliability that it will get you back home.

You'll spend a lot of time passing broken jeeps on the trail, and you can say "We understand the Jeep thing, that's why we build Toyotas."
Old 13 March 2018, 03:20
Make a desert and call it peace.

You say that after swapping out 50+% of the Toyota parts for American stuff...

Concur on the Mahindra quality, or lack thereof, on a seemingly random basis. That said, it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. I suspect it'll be more than adequate for the people who use trail vehicles to get places to do things, vice the people who are just trying to break shit by doing silly things. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 13 March 2018, 03:34
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
You say that after swapping out 50+% of the Toyota parts for American stuff...
Well played, sir.
Old 13 March 2018, 06:08

I would absolutely LOVE to make my own offroad project vehicle. I got friends with MIG/TIG skills and that rebuild vettes all the time. I'm sure they'd be down for creating a mini-JLTV for my own ranch use. A plasma cutter and a few trips to the junkyard would be just some good clean redneck fun that I haven't had since high school.
Old 13 March 2018, 11:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
You want off road, save your money and future headache and just buy a 1985 Toyota 4x4. 22RE EFI with solid axle. Put Chevy springs in the rear, F150 shock mounts in the front. Dual case it with a Marlin crawler. Swap out the push-pull steering for a hi-steer crossover from a 90 something. Let it take you over anything out there and be confident in the reliability that it will get you back home.

You'll spend a lot of time passing broken jeeps on the trail, and you can say "We understand the Jeep thing, that's why we build Toyotas."
because no one's been hunting '85s since.... '86.

might as well throw in a Cummings R2.8 as well, bob the bed, and maybe swap in Currie 44/60 with portals front and rear, so you don't break the birfields.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Our new posting rules