SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 March 2018, 10:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
So how in hell is the fact that she was involved in Rendition even public knowledge? I mean, what the actual fuck?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 13 March 2018, 10:55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
No way she gets confirmed. POTUS knows that. He's trolling the opposition.

Possibly. He could keep putting up people he knows they hate and make the point that they are obstructionists. He is already having those issues getting seats filled elsewhere so this would draw attention to that as well.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 13 March 2018, 10:58
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Possibly. He could keep putting up people he knows they hate and make the point that they are obstructionists. He is already having those issues getting seats filled elsewhere so this would draw attention to that as well.
The problem with that is that time is running out. Before we blink too many more times, he will have to start focusing on re-election. I'm ready for some permanent people to take office and get things done without the revolving door.
Old 13 March 2018, 11:11
Old Scroll

Sounds to me like a 51 vote simple majority to confirm is in order, as with the most recent SCOTUS selection, Neil Gorsuch.

Why put up with this nonsense?

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 13 March 2018, 11:20
Problem Solver

Despite the objections of the usual suspects, Haspel will get confirmed, as well she should. The lady is a stone-cold professional who definitely knows her business.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 13 March 2018, 11:21
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
That whole program was outed publicly and quite a few of those involved were facing possible prosecution by the Obama Admin DOJ.
With friends like these...
Old 13 March 2018, 11:28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
The problem with that is that time is running out. Before we blink too many more times, he will have to start focusing on re-election. I'm ready for some permanent people to take office and get things done without the revolving door.
Actually people tend to make more radical change when they first get to a new job as soon as they have a chance to assess what needs changing. Then they settle in and settle down. I dont think POTUS is a fan of that last part.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 13 March 2018, 11:32
BTDT

The revolving door isn't all that bad. Use the right tool for the job- if that means you need to periodically replace tools, so be it.

The one president/one cabinet construct is a pipe dream. Every president massages the cabinet as the administration evolves.

I for one am enjoying the fact that things are being done differently for a change.
Simple project management...
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 13 March 2018, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Look up when she became deputy director and Democratic Sens. Ron Wyden of Oregon and Martin Heinrich of New Mexico voiced concern...

Now that she's put in as the director you can best believe they'll (dems) will be hunting for her...
I have no doubt the Democrats will make a lot of noise because, well.... she's a Trump nominee.

But, I think if they had really wanted her scalp, she would have been purged during the Obama administration instead of being kept around and promoted to her present level.
Old 13 March 2018, 12:07
#AllLionsMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy View Post
But, I think if they had really wanted her scalp, she would have been purged during the Obama administration instead of being kept around and promoted to her present level.
Under current law, the Deputy Director is appointed by the President and is not required to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate. Now that she's been selected for the director position take a guess at what's about too happen?
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 13 March 2018, 12:26
Life is simple, not easy.

According to early reports by MSM Tillerson was a Russian friend who had possible conflicts because of his business. He would be too weak on Russia. Today they say he was fired because of his strong stance against Russia.

COS John Kelly told Tillerson on Friday, and again on Saturday, that his firing was imminent if he didn't step down. Rex wasn't stepping down so he was fried.
Old 13 March 2018, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
According to early reports by MSM Tillerson was a Russian friend who had possible conflicts because of his business. He would be too weak on Russia. Today they say he was fired because of his strong stance against Russia.
Same thing with Comey. First he was a true patriot and a hero of the Republik for exonerating the wicked witch of the west. Then he was a piece of shit who deserved to be fired for reopening the case against HRC. Then when the POTUS was shitposting about him being a leaking criminal via Twitter the MSM was quick to exalt him yet again.

The MSM are nothing but propaganda whores --- their pimps giving their ho's orders from both the public and private sector. All colluding to fuck their Johns, the AVG non-thinking American dipshit who still believes and "trusts" them to be more authoritative than the smelly homeless man with the sign on the side of the street talking about how the end is neigh. Fucking infowars has more 'nonbiased' info than they do. And at least that aforementioned source isn't full of CFR and BB fuckers who do everything they can to destroy this great nation of ours.
Old 13 March 2018, 12:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Where?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-nominates-gina-haspel-to-head-cia-an-agency-veteran-tied-to-use-of-brutal-interrogation-measures/2018/03/13/bd47c8ce-26c6-11e8-874b-d517e912f125_story.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/trump-to-nominate-gina-haspel-to-be-first-female-cia-director.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-new-c-i-a-deputy-chiefs-black-site-past

Just to name a few. Twitter and reddit are also discussing her.
Old 13 March 2018, 13:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post

Just to name a few. Twitter and reddit are also discussing her.
Yeah, those are news reports reporting it. I don't see "Dems going nuts"

I don't follow tweets and reddit because I'm not gay so maybe it's happening there....
Old 13 March 2018, 13:39
#AllLionsMatter

Quote:
Stand-by...

Quote:
I don't follow tweets and reddit because I'm not gay so maybe it's happening there....
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 13 March 2018, 13:40
Confirmed User

Quote:

Well I'm not gay but i do follow reddit. Some good reading over that way if you are interested in being amused by some conspiracy/the sky is falling discussions.

Last edited by Keganswar; 13 March 2018 at 13:44. Reason: Spelling
Old 13 March 2018, 13:48
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
Well I'm not gay but i do follow reddit. Some good reading over that way if you are interested in being amused by some conspiracy/the sky is falling discussions.
I barely have time to follow this place

I was just getting at there is enough hyperbole out there already without adding to it. I have no doubt some Dems may go nuts, but that's their job - that's how they stay elected and in power, by going nuts when R's propose something.

R's stay in power by going nuts when D's propose something. Never has changed, never will.

Just pointing out that I can't find out where they are going nuts, which is what you said ... a cooler, measured, SOCNET is a better SOCNET in my opinion
Old 13 March 2018, 14:05

All jokes aside Twitter and Reddit are where the (D)s go to have digital focus groups in order to see which message works and to further refine their sophistry. Maybe it is gay as AIDS, but since the 'right' has lost the information war, we cannot dictate where their messages emanate from. Reddit and Twitter are petri dishes in the libshit viral research facility and is where they go to weaponize their propaganda. Reddit has an infinite number of demographic-specific groups that are perfect for this class-warfare/identity-politics R&D operations.

Works like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg how reddit works.jpg (33.2 KB, 192 views)
Old 13 March 2018, 14:05
BTDT

Jameel Jaffer - former deputy legal director of the ACLU has been quoted saying that Haspel is, “quite literally a war criminal"

Jerrold Nadler, NY democrat has also characterized her as a criminal.

Raha Wala says "No one who had a hand in torturing individuals deserve to ever hold public office again, let alone lead an agency"

Margaret Huang says of Haspel as CIA head, "we cannot allow human rights abuses to be condoned in the name of national security"

Sens. Ron Wyden of Oregon says “Ms. Haspel’s background makes her unsuitable to serve as CIA director"

Martin Heinrich of New Mexico also opposes Haspel saying that her “background in the torture program makes her unsuitable for the position.”

Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill "I voted against Mr. Pompeo's nomination to be CIA director because he failed to express moral opposition to torture, but Ms. Haspel has done much worse"

Christopher Andrews (Anders?), the deputy director of the ACLU’s Washington office says, "Gina Haspel was a central figure in one of the most illegal and shameful chapters in modern American history. She was up to her eyeballs in torture"

Mieke Eoyang, a former Democratic House Intelligence Committee aide agrees that Haspel is a torture-er

A prominent Hillary Clinton supporter by the name of "The Washington Post" says that Haspel is tied to interrogation measures widely condemned as torture

These democrats are talking to USA Today, The Times, The Post, NPR, Bloomberg, and anyone else that will listen. Even the 'dot.gov' web site the dems use for the juDiciary c0mmitte decided to release a statement because
well... because a statement was needed

AKA - "Dems Going Nutz"
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 13 March 2018 at 14:20.
Old 13 March 2018, 14:16
Been There Done That

Another great summation Box. With all of their hand-wringing, sounds like POTUS picked the right person for the job IMHO.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister

Our new posting rules