SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 10 March 2018, 14:14
Confirmed User

I've been curious why they would try to regulate body armor. Leaving the gun debate aside, how can they tell you how and how not to protect yourself? Body armor affects nobody except the wearer (I'm tracking the few times it's been worn in robberies and other nefarious acts).

God I hate that state so much it's painful. Ex-wife was from there. Should've been a huge red flag.
Old 10 March 2018, 14:17
BTDT

peasants are such an inconvenience to the governing class....
...weapons, body armor, cries for freedom

if you want decent treatment, run for congress
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 10 March 2018, 16:01
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
peasants are such an inconvenience to the governing class....
Old 10 March 2018, 16:07
Been There Done That

Why body armor? I guarantee you law enforcement was behind getting thAt in the bill. Why ? Cause all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Truth be told, in places like Illinois, there are many in Law Enfircement and in the Govt. that believe only LE should be able to carry a firearm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10 March 2018, 18:36
Been There Done That

Well if they elminate body armor, then its another level of protection that they dont have to worry about the citizens having in case of any rebellion.
Old 10 March 2018, 18:58

Everyone knows why they want the body armor gone. It's the same reason they want the guns gone. They want a pacified and de-fanged population that they can absolutely crush at any given moment for whatever reason they see fit at that time. It's really is just that simple.
Old 11 March 2018, 09:35
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Everyone knows why they want the body armor gone. It's the same reason they want the guns gone. They want a pacified and de-fanged population that they can absolutely crush at any given moment for whatever reason they see fit at that time. It's really is just that simple.
Yep, even a blind man can see that.
Old 12 March 2018, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Illinois is also requiring all 18-20 year-olds to turn in their now-illegal guns.
Well, looks like the Illinois House passed the measure. Now the Bill goes to the state Senate. Two steps away from Utopia now!
Old 12 March 2018, 16:33
Clorox bearer for SOTB

If they are going to raise the age one can exercise the right to bear arms, they should also raise the age that one can carry said arms in defense of their nation and it's policies, the age that one can vote, the age one can determine what religion they practice, and the age in which they pay taxes. After all, why should they be trusted with a vote, or a church, when they cannot be trusted with firearms? More people have been murdered throughout history because of religion and voting than all firearms put together.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 12 March 2018, 16:41
giving you a number

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
If they are going to raise the age one can exercise the right to bear arms, they should also raise the age that one can carry said arms in defense of their nation and it's policies, the age that one can vote, the age one can determine what religion they practice, and the age in which they pay taxes.
But what do we do with them from the time they graduate HS to the time they can enlist. Not everyone wants to go from HS to college.

When I grew up, 18 was the drinking age. Hell, I used to go to a bar for lunch and come back to high school reeking of beer(s).

Now that I'm 40+ years removed from that young idiot, I see the problem but don't have the answer.
Old 12 March 2018, 17:06
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedsall View Post
But what do we do with them from the time they graduate HS to the time they can enlist. Not everyone wants to go from HS to college.
A job?
Old 12 March 2018, 21:50
regular speed jerk, not a high speed jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Why body armor? I guarantee you law enforcement was behind getting thAt in the bill. Why ? Cause all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Truth be told, in places like Illinois, there are many in Law Enfircement and in the Govt. that believe only LE should be able to carry a firearm.
Very true. It was almost sickening when I lived there and worked there. There were guys I worked with, that shot like newbie rookies (guys with 15 years on) with dirty weapons and all. They would pontificate sometimes about the CHL law that was being worked on when I was there... How they wouldnt know what to do... maybe prone out everyone with a CHL. Talked about how awesome they were. They were assholes.

With that said they were often senior guys. They weren't street guys anymore. And some of that was because of indoctrination, remember that Chicago had a gun ban for ever and all others had a FOID just to LOOK at a gun in a shop. Lots of people grew up with "only bad guys have guns". Hell we can see that in other countries. If you have no experience, that is your world.
Old 12 March 2018, 22:07
Authorized Personnel

There are people in all manners of employment - military and LE included - that feel the only people who should have weapons are THE military and LE. That will never change.

There will always be gun haters, gun lovers, and those that simply care less. It's up to the haters and lovers to sway the non-carers to one side or the other because they too are getting elected into positions that can influence gun laws.
Old 13 March 2018, 17:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
A job?
How dare you. You insensitive boob. Are you trying to hurt their feelings? (Says the man that has had a job consistently since I was 12-years old.)

I am under the impression that if one can bleed and die for this country, I should have the right to buy them a beer legally and they should be able to vote and buy a gun, if they so desire.
Old 14 March 2018, 10:42
Unemployed Stunt Double

Today is the grass-roots "walk out" by school kids all across the US, demanding gun control.

On the plus side, accidental poisonings by Tide Pods should be reduced during the walk-out.
Old 14 March 2018, 10:50
Confirmed User

Surprisingly, my daughter's principal sent a letter home stating that her school empathizes with the Florida kids, but they are not walking out (liberal county in upstate NY). School cancelled for snow...so....
Old 14 March 2018, 10:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Today is the grass-roots "walk out" by school kids all across the US, demanding gun control.

On the plus side, accidental poisonings by Tide Pods should be reduced during the walk-out.
I was actually shocked yesterday listening to NPR. They actually interviewed several high school students, male and female, who were into hunting/shooting who were very pro gun and against more gun control.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 14 March 2018, 11:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
Surprisingly, my daughter's principal sent a letter home stating that her school empathizes with the Florida kids, but they are not walking out (liberal county in upstate NY). School cancelled for snow...so....
I dont know if its real or fake, but I saw a screenshot of a twitter post by some kid saying his school was forcing them to do it. I really dont see how a school administration can have any involvement in something like this, other than telling the kids not to do it.
Old 14 March 2018, 11:35
Confirmed User

I could see them forcing them to do it, much like a fire drill, so that all the kids are in one place (for "safety" reasons).
Old 14 March 2018, 11:40
BTDT

ha.... I have NO problem believing that school administrators would organize a "student-led" politically motivated march
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Our new posting rules