SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 13 February 2018, 15:47

God you're so right. I hate that little fucking skinny twerp. I never even knew about him until some kerfluffle in the instagram world where he said some shit about mil dudes being lazy. Coming from a home-schooled tween with no LEO/mil experience who's only ever been on a civ range, it was even more egregious. I can't even fathom why GT hangs out with him. That being said --- GT can run a Garand though, that's for sure.
Old 13 February 2018, 15:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
God you're so right. I hate that little fucking skinny twerp. I never even knew about him until some kerfluffle in the instagram world where he said some shit about mil dudes being lazy. Coming from a home-schooled tween with no LEO/mil experience who's only ever been on a civ range, it was even more egregious. I can't even fathom why GT hangs out with him. That being said --- GT can run a Garand though, that's for sure.
Sigh......sorry I looked this punk up. Another wannabe tactical fan boy.

As they say, every one wants to be a grunt or SOF until they have to actually enlist and put on a heavy ruck , and go into harm's way. I just do not understand those that are so much into tactical things, but do not go into the military or LE. "Where ya been the last 17 years"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 February 2018, 16:27

Yeah every one wants to be a bad-ass until it's time to do bad-ass shit. Then people find out Hollywood movies are as fake as my hopes to become a sex slave/husband/kept man to a certain blonde pop singer.

On it's face, if we take who's saying it out of the picture completely, the idea that "people who suck" and 'hate' would very likely suck way less if they devoted their 'hating time' to training --- is a generally true statement. However, that dipshit stepped on his crank by saying something true in a completely fucked-up dumbass way. How he said it was so much worse than the spirit of the message itself. And forgot that he didn't really have the creds to say what he said --- to who he said it. As a chronic violator of that principle myself, I can empathize.

That being said, even though he can probably outshoot me on a range, fuck that little arrogant pre-pubescent shit.
Old 13 February 2018, 16:33
Been There Done That

There is a lot more to surviving and living down range than just being able to shoot well. That is what many of these tactical cool guys fail to recognize. Just like doing cross fit or taking part in a tough muddier or spartan race is not the same either as being down range. Shooting and physical fitness are just two small slices of the whole pie.

Old 13 February 2018, 16:36

Very true statement. Completely agree.
Old 13 February 2018, 16:41
Authorized Personnel

I had a discussion recently with a young man who was talking about his having just completed a marathon. I congratulated him on his accomplishment as that is what it is because many can't do it. During our subsequent conversations, the fact that the marathon was completed became a "little more" than what it actually was. It became his comparative to all that is "Warrior."

At that point, my conversation changed a bit when I asked him how many times he could do it with a full load on his back, walking and running up and down through draws and valleys and then having to fight at the end. I then let him know that 26 miles could be seen as a blessing by many since further distances have had to be endured.

It was funny how his accomplishment didn't seem that "Warrior'ish" after that. He was schooled that day on being a winner while remaining humble....

Everyone wants to be a lion until it's time to get bloody....
Old 13 February 2018, 16:52
Shakin' the bush Boss

Everybody wants to be a grunt till it's time to get muddy, for a few weeks. It ain't much about Velcro and tac reloads.
Old 13 February 2018, 22:04
Animal Tamer

F@#k it. In my next life I want chocolate fountain chow halls, air-conditioned hotel rooms and no one shooting at me.
Old 13 February 2018, 22:06
Shakin' the bush Boss

I thought you were already a Marshall?
Old 13 February 2018, 22:15
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Sigh......sorry I looked this punk up. Another wannabe tactical fan boy.
I'm sorry to have tortured you buddy. GT reminds me of the laid back SNCO and Punk the PITA boot fresh out of OCS.

I'll go against that punk with sim-munitions anyday. One hit to the Pelvic Girdle he'll quit.
Old 14 February 2018, 00:51
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Bwhahahahahhahahahahahaha

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 14 February 2018, 09:31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
BOOM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 14 February 2018, 09:34
Administrator

Yep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gangster.jpg (36.3 KB, 120 views)
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 14 February 2018, 10:44
Confirmed User

The thing that strikes me is the size, scope, and vitality of the guns and gear market. The number of products, outfits, weapons, accessories etc is mind-boggling. There is a lot of money being made.
What do you really need to protect yourself and family? You don't need an arsenal. A handgun, rifle, and shotgun should provide the needed capability if you are smart and know how to use them. What you need and what you want are two different things. I think the industry has done a good job of getting people to think they need a lot of stuff they don't need.
I buy guns & cars because I love beautiful machinery. I also shoot competitively. Having said that, I have bought a number of items because, in my mind, I needed gear for all sorts of particular situations. Well, I need a G20 for hiking in Montana. I needed a precision rifle for longer ranges, I neede to build an AK out of parts for foreign weapon familiarization etc. This is what the marketers want us to do - buy more stuff. As the market fills they generate greater segmentation and to create a need for all these micro-market segments. Hence, the gear over training mentality.
A friend of mine, a retired LEO runs a basic firearms school. Nothing high speed, just safety, fundamentals, CCW etc. He asked me to assist with a basic carbine class. Holy cow! guys show up with full war gear on, plate carriers, holsters strapped to their legs etc.
Old 14 February 2018, 10:48
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
...Holy cow! guys show up with full war gear on, plate carriers, holsters strapped to their legs etc.
Ongoing wars tend to do that to people. It gives the guys who weren't willing to sign the dotted line a chance to be cool like the guys who did. Once the war ends - if it ever does - after a short while, it will be uncool to be one of the warmongers and there will be a lot of weapons being sold for cheap.

A wannabe is a wannabe ... it's really that simple!
Old 14 February 2018, 10:53
Been There Done That

Thank you internet. Just makes you want to buy more stuff sadly, and I have been guilty of this myself. My brother got me a subscription to Recoil Magazine for Christmas. While I appreciate it , and enjoy reading it - I swear the magazine is basically all advertisements and gear reviews- trying to getting you to buy more tactical stuff.

I am kind of on same page Gunk is these days, wanting to simplify. Scout rifle and a couple hand guns, and maybe a few others for specific hunt/sport applications. If it ever gets to where I as a civilian now need to kit up like when was in Iraq - well I will be more concerned about fresh water and toilet paper and antibiotics.

Old 14 February 2018, 14:01
Bitter old man.

^^^ I'm still eating Friskies because of you.
Damn AUGs and P7s.
Old 14 February 2018, 14:55
Policeman Officer

I could outfit several fire teams.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 14 February 2018, 16:03
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
It ONLY counts if you post it on FB and talk about how you're ready for that . . . . SHTF thingy everyone talks about.

Cross thread?
Old 14 February 2018, 16:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Sigh.....the militarization of police.

Rolling in your MRAP yet?

Our new posting rules