Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 3 October 2016, 12:08
Rest In Peace

My EDC is a CZ Custom P-01. Think the G19 size version of that SP. (The factory mags are only 10 rounds. If I need 10 rounds to fight it here at home, I'm better off breaking contact and continuing mission).

I had to get used to the trigger, it was so light I wasn't sure it'd be safe. But because of decades of training, I'm much more comfortable with DA/SA than with Glock and glock-off style Safe Action. If I were a kid starting out I'd probably be a Glock guy (just like I was a Beretta guy in 1979, before I discovered the CZ).

My pre-B is retired. I'm still trying to score some of the weirder stuff from the 1st Czechoslovak Republic (1918-38) and working on the pistol book... and starting to get the rifles for the second volume.

Pistol's a very personal thing. How does it fit your hand? For me, the CZ fit my hand like a BHP, and had that excellent action and safety system. I like the decocker on my new one better than the cocked and locked option on the old one.
Old 19 February 2017, 22:29
Been There Done That

Had this on order since last August. Tac Sport Orange in 40.

Changed out the grips and waiting on a holster so I can start running it in some local matches.

Old 19 February 2017, 23:39
Social Claymore

Horned Toad,

Starting from the rear of your hand gun, I see the safety/decocker and the slide-lock. What is that sitting right over the trigger guard?

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 20 February 2017, 00:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
Horned Toad,

Starting from the rear of your hand gun, I see the safety/decocker and the slide-lock. What is that sitting right over the trigger guard?
Thumb rest
Old 20 February 2017, 00:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
Horned Toad,

That's the gas pedal...common on race guns.
Old 20 February 2017, 06:42
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
That's the gas pedal...common on race guns.
Ah gotcha... Thanks

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 20 February 2017, 06:42
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post
Thumb rest
Thought so but was not sure.

Old 6 May 2017, 08:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post
Had this on order since last August. Tac Sport Orange in 40.

Changed out the grips and waiting on a holster so I can start running it in some local matches.

While Searching for a CZ 75 PCR/or RAMI, I came across this. The trigger and reset are so so nice. Very nice gun..
Old 6 May 2017, 22:27
Confirmed User

Wanting to put my hands on a CZ, but the only thing within driving distance that I can find is an EAA Witness.
Not wanting to hijack, but is there even any comparison between the two?
Old 7 May 2017, 23:17
Confirmed User

Love my sp-01, shoot uspsa production and three gun with it. Got the full Cajun gunworks hammer/disconnector/firing pin etc package, installed and polished everything, and the thing is an absolute laser cannon. Need to pick up a tac sport for limited but that shadow 2 looks so tempting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-05-07 22.14.34.jpg (47.8 KB, 275 views)
Old 8 May 2017, 04:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserweight View Post
Love my sp-01, shoot uspsa production and three gun with it. Got the full Cajun gunworks hammer/disconnector/firing pin etc package, installed and polished everything, and the thing is an absolute laser cannon. Need to pick up a tac sport for limited but that shadow 2 looks so tempting.
Were you able to easily install the Cajun Gun works package yourself? Or does it require some expert gunsmithing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 8 May 2017, 08:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Were you able to easily install the Cajun Gun works package yourself? Or does it require some expert gunsmithing?
I was able to install myself. Granted I probably didn't polish everything as well as Cajun Gun Works would, but I couldn't justify spending an extra hundred bucks and a six week turnaround.

If you want to do it yourself, just make sure you have a good set of punches. Also, depending on what package you order from CGW, make sure you get the new disconnector and a new hammer strut, as these pieces are attached to the hammer via staked pins that are a nightmare to try and remove. also no point in upgrading the hammer and using the same old design disconnector.

If you do get the type 2 disconnector, it will have to be slightly hand fitted by beveling an angle on it. David at CGW sent me a guide on how to do it, and it took less than five minutes using a knife polishing stone. I can provide that guide if you need it.
Old 5 June 2017, 10:10
Confirmed User

I have to admit the curvy lines of the CZ75 Compact are attractive to me. I've been shooting Glocks for so long I feel the need for something that has asthetic appeal.
I may just pick one up.
Old 5 June 2017, 13:50
Moving Target

My first handgun purchase was a CZ 85 back in 91' after I got back to Germany from Iraq. I saved my combat pay and bought guns. I love the feel of it in my hand and I will say it was the easiest shooting pistol I have ever had. I loved it so much that after I got to Ft. Hood in 93' I bought another CZ 85 and two CZ 75's from a pawn shop at a great price. I gave my Dad a a CZ85 and he loved it as well. I would have to say that after all the pistol I have had that I loved the CZ the most. I had the Czech made guns with no import marks, they were all bring backs from soldiers who were in Germany.
Old 5 June 2017, 13:56
Midgetologist

Tried my buddies P10C great ergonomics.
Had issues with the trigger binding up. If I didn't perfectly get the pad of my finger on it. I use more finger on the trigger so P10C is a no-go for me. IMO the trigger safety is too small and under stress folks are going to bind and pull their shot.
Old 5 June 2017, 14:26
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
My first handgun purchase was a CZ 85 back in 91' after I got back to Germany from Iraq. I saved my combat pay and bought guns. I love the feel of it in my hand and I will say it was the easiest shooting pistol I have ever had. I loved it so much that after I got to Ft. Hood in 93' I bought another CZ 85 and two CZ 75's from a pawn shop at a great price. I gave my Dad a a CZ85 and he loved it as well. I would have to say that after all the pistol I have had that I loved the CZ the most. I had the Czech made guns with no import marks, they were all bring backs from soldiers who were in Germany.
Back in 91 I also bought a Glock 19 and took them both to the firing range afew times when I wasnt in the field. I shot them both alot but the CZ was the one I kept, I sold the Glock.
Old 9 August 2017, 23:51
Walk the plank

i started to take an interest in them, then they had a demo day at FLETC cheltenham a few weeks ago. Wow, I fell in love with the 75d and the p07. the p10 had the best striker fire trigger I have ever shot but I wasnt a fan of the grip texture.

The scorpion is great. Very controllable in burst. the only gripe, and it would be a training issue, is getting used to the mag release.
Old 15 August 2017, 19:29
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post
i started to take an interest in them, then they had a demo day at FLETC cheltenham a few weeks ago. Wow, I fell in love with the 75d and the p07. the p10 had the best striker fire trigger I have ever shot but I wasnt a fan of the grip texture.

The scorpion is great. Very controllable in burst. the only gripe, and it would be a training issue, is getting used to the mag release.
I put Hogue grips on mine.
Old 15 August 2017, 23:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserweight View Post
Need to pick up a tac sport for limited but that shadow 2 looks so tempting.
TS in 40 to shoot major is the way to go. Haven't seen a S2 in 40.
Old 15 October 2017, 06:52

Intending to add a .40cal companion to my PCR, I recently found a demi-unicorn P-06 (after writing off the possibility and 'settling' for a NIB SP-01 Tac; life's tough sometimes...).

The -06 appears only lightly used but the trigger's cleaner than expected for a (guessed) low round count and has a light SA break that makes me suspect some work's been done? I know squat about smithing and went looking for info and found this thread about mods for these guns. Maybe common info to folks but I found it and some of the subsequent links within interesting:

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/191773-cz-tuning-101-with-professor-atlas/

DaveP

Our new posting rules