Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 15 August 2017, 13:46
Moving Target

DPMS LR-6.5

http://www.dpmsinc.com/LR-65_ep_122-1.html

Im so happy that this is not crazy expensive. MRSP $1239.00
Now your talking! After I get my HK45 paid off Im saving for one of these.
Old 26 August 2017, 20:57
Moving Target

Well no one is interested in this hmm I like it and plan to get it and put a PRS stock on it and a while later get a used scope off of AR15.com or snipershide.com and then GSsniper can teach me how to shoot. I never got to shoot a long range weapon before. might have it in about 6 months.
Old 26 August 2017, 22:21
Authorized Personnel

It's a nice rifle. If you want to lay long range hate, go spend 500 on a used Remington 700 and spend the other 500 on ammo and I will teach you how to use it.

I don't want to kill your gun boner, but knowledge and practice is more important than the weapon platform.
Old 26 August 2017, 22:31
Moving Target

Right On! Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
It's a nice rifle. If you want to lay long range hate, go spend 500 on a used Remington 700 and spend the other 500 on ammo and I will teach you how to use it.

I don't want to kill your gun boner, but knowledge and practice is more important than the weapon platform.
Old 27 August 2017, 08:23
The Sagacious One

My business partner shot a POF in 6.5 creedmore. He loved the cartridge for long distance shooting but reverted to a bolt gun and went back to his 6.8 for typical Carbine activities.
Old 27 August 2017, 18:09
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
Well no one is interested in this hmm I like it and plan to get it and put a PRS stock on it and a while later get a used scope off of AR15.com or snipershide.com and then GSsniper can teach me how to shoot. I never got to shoot a long range weapon before. might have it in about 6 months.
I wouldn't touch DPMS, which the wags will tell you stands for "doesn't pass mil-spec". You already have the advice you needed from GSniper, but if your gun boner has not given up the fight and something 6.5 is still making you giggly, check up on the 6.5 Grendel. AR15 rather than AR10, regular M16 mags, Wolf even makes steel cased ammo the cartridge is that popular.

Just MHO and of course worth what you pay for it, but if you have to have a 6.5 Creedmore you might check out the Savage bolt gun. Autoloader vs. Bolt at a click is a no brainer.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 27 August 2017, 23:28
Moving Target

I have been thinking about a custom build on a Mega reciever set and a top of the line barrel .Im looking at JP enterpises and krieger. It will take me longer to complete but building is alot of fun for me.
Old 28 August 2017, 10:56
33,024 - R.I.P.

I will echo what Gsniper says, and add; Go with a .308/7.62x51 and practice practice practice. It will hone your distance skills, and give you a greater appreciation of the 6.5's abilities. Plus, .308 ammo is more affordable for practicing. I would recommend the Ruger Precision Rifle as a good platform with a decent scope (6-24x50).
Old 28 August 2017, 19:25
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I will echo what Gsniper says, and add; Go with a .308/7.62x51 and practice practice practice. It will hone your distance skills, and give you a greater appreciation of the 6.5's abilities. Plus, .308 ammo is more affordable for practicing. I would recommend the Ruger Precision Rifle as a good platform with a decent scope (6-24x50).
Im liking the Ruger Precision Rifle alot.
Old 28 August 2017, 21:40
Moving Target

I have been reading several reviews of the Ruger Precision Rifle and also watched three youtube videos and I think this is what Ill start with and build my custom AR10 after I have more money.

Our new posting rules