Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 2 September 2017, 09:09
Confirmed User

USA WRESTLING WORLD CHAMPS!!

While the Mayweather-McGregor circus was going on…..the World Freestyle wrestling championships were being held in Paris.

The USA had a great showing….but it came down to the final match (97kg, 213 lbs) on the final day to determine the team champion between us and the Russians.

For the US, it was 2 time World and Olympic champion Kyle Snyder the 21 year old out of Ohio State. For Russia it was 21 y.o World and Olympic champion Sadulaev who bumped up a weight class just so he could face Snyder.

It was billed as the ‘match of the century’ because both wrestlers are truly legends. Sadulaev is a folk hero in Russia, has been on the international scene for years, and thought to be the best wrestler pound for pound in the world.

The TEAM title was on the line. Snyder wins, USA is champs, Sadulaev wins, Russia is World Champs. The place is going nuts (seems like a lot of Russians at the event) and the match is close but…..Snyder wins in the end.

Both men are humble and respectful (unlike the circus clowns on pay per view) see interview and match below.

Oh, and….a good wrestler will mop the floor with a boxer in a fight anyday….

Snyder post match interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88epZMgxOLc

Match here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTHC-GHkBE
Old 2 September 2017, 10:33
Life is simple, not easy.

I watched this last weekend. The Snyder-Sadulaev match was outstanding.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 2 September 2017, 10:52
Supporterator

Glad to see the US is well represented internationally in such a respectable contest of individual skill and strength.
Old 2 September 2017, 10:59
Confirmed User

What a great write up. Thanks for posting, Mike.

Our new posting rules