Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 3 September 2013, 06:17
Make a desert and call it peace.

Because you want nice sharp edges on the sear. Use a flat, hard surface. Mirrors or slate stones work well.

IIRC they're hardened parts, so you just want to clean up the surfaces, not cut through the hardening. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 3 September 2013, 08:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
How about toothpaste or flitz? I use toothpaste on my new Kimber pistols to smooth the action???????
'Plaque removal' toothpaste has a higher amount of abrasives, so it would probably work.

Didn't think of it before but you could PROBABLY use 'swirl and scratch removing rubbing compound' for car paint...

Light pressure, hard surface
Old 25 August 2017, 17:55
Old Scroll

Necroposting here, seemed the best thread for the topic.

Building a 24" bull barrel AR, obviously for precision shooting, and put in a Geissele GS2, thinking it would be nice to have a good quality 2-stage trigger.

Man, was I ever wrong.

I'm no gun snob, but I do think that I'm better acquainted with what a quality trigger feels like than the average bear, and brothers, this ain't it.

Easy to install... just like a GI trigger going in but for their stainless hammer pin retention gadget. Got it in easy as pie, all smiles still.

Then came the function check. Everything works as it should, including the first stage. But that second stage truly sucks.

I expect a 2 stage to break with no creep in the 2nd. Maybe I'm selfish, but that's my expectation: take up the slack on 1, and at the stop any more pressure will give a satisfyingly clean and consistent break with no creep.

What I got was a disconcerting long and gravelly amount of 2nd stage creep, with a seemingly weak hammer fall.

Irritatingly I got delivery on Friday afternoon, and by the time I decided the damn thing sucks it was too late to call. And Monday I'm working. Damn.

Anybody else ever have a similar problem? And no, I don't think that I'll be polishing anything. At these prices it should be whistling Dixie.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 25 August 2017, 18:20
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
I expect a 2 stage to break with no creep in the 2nd. Maybe I'm selfish, but that's my expectation: take up the slack on 1, and at the stop any more pressure will give a satisfyingly clean and consistent break with no creep.

What I got was a disconcerting long and gravelly amount of 2nd stage creep, with a seemingly weak hammer fall.

Anybody else ever have a similar problem?
I put a Geissele in my SCAR based on advice from several guys here and elsewhere. The factory trigger was pretty solid but the Geissele is significantly better in all respects.

Only time I've ever had what you describe, and it was exactly like you said, was on a Ruger P90 I had years ago. Maybe you got a bad trigger assembly?
Old 25 August 2017, 23:21
Old Scroll

Sloppy as can be

Gotta go get some refresher training on video handling. Fail.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab

Last edited by B 2/75; 26 August 2017 at 10:34.
Old 26 August 2017, 14:24
Make a desert and call it peace.

If the trigger is that SOL, I'd return it.

I have a Kreiger-Millazo on my service rifle and it breaks like a glass rod and lifts 4.5lbs off the table without even a blink. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 1 September 2017, 21:44
Confirmed User

That's really weird. I have a G2S and that thing doesn't feel anything like what you described. I have a LaRue MBT in one of my "precision" builds (mk12 clone) and I initially wound up sort of not liking it......but I've actually grown to really like it . I have a SSA-E also that I like, but I realize the G2S was supposed to be the budget version of that model, IIRC.
Old 4 September 2017, 02:16
Overseas Gunplumber

I have a few G2S triggers and have ZERO issues. In fact, they are in many ways the same as the SSA except there is no "J" spring and they they are spot MPI tested.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 4 September 2017, 14:40
Old Scroll

https://goo.gl/photos/hXBw8Z4VFnWK4WPe7

Hope this works. Got a RMA code from Geissele

Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 5 September 2017, 09:25
Midgetologist

I run stock triggers in my 6920s. They smooth out after a few hundred rounds.
Old 5 September 2017, 13:17
Confirmed User

LaRue's got a $99 MBT sale that ends today, FWIW.
Old 7 September 2017, 09:25
Newbie shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I run stock triggers in my 6920s. They smooth out after a few hundred rounds.
I'm a unrepentant mod lover and I have no where near the trigger time that most here have,but I've put several thousand rounds through my 6920 and I love the thing. Always thought about doing the trigger but it's just gotten better and better feeling the more I use it.

When I first bought it I asked here what I should do to it and everyone told me to do the charging handle and just shoot it. Of course I had to put a light, red dot, sling and some other small things but I've always left the fire control stuff alone. Rifle still shoots better than I can.

The only thing I've been considering is the 45 degree safety - I think it would be easier to work the safety on and off but for now.. I've just been shooting it.

- Local
Old 7 September 2017, 09:50
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post
I'm a unrepentant mod lover and I have no where near the trigger time that most here have,but I've put several thousand rounds through my 6920 and I love the thing. Always thought about doing the trigger but it's just gotten better and better feeling the more I use it.
Told you.

Our new posting rules