Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 6 November 2016, 14:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I use support thumb to hit temp on with glock and TLR light. It works for me well.
How do you activate the WML if you are firing weak handed, or one handed with your strong hand, if you are injured, carrying/dragging something/someone or using your other hand to hold open a door, etc..

Regards.

Mark
Old 6 November 2016, 14:41
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWL View Post
How do you activate the WML if you are firing weak handed, or one handed with your strong hand, if you are injured, carrying/dragging something/someone or using your other hand to hold open a door, etc..

Regards.

Mark
In that scenario stealth is out. I would use trigger finger to switch the light on and keep it on. Most crooks don't expect resistance.

Shotgun is my primary if I'm using a handgun I'm in trouble.
Old 6 November 2016, 14:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
In that scenario stealth is out. I would use trigger finger to switch the light on and keep it on. Most crooks don't expect resistance.

Shotgun is my primary if I'm using a handgun I'm in trouble.
I have a little guy to consider, so if I have to carry him quietly out of his room before it gets loud, I would need to use something one handed.

I also have a few P2X Furys, if I need to investigate something without pointing a gun at it.

I have DG switches mounted on all my 300U equipped Glocks.

Regards.

Mark
Old 6 November 2016, 17:15
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWL View Post
I have a little guy to consider, so if I have to carry him quietly out of his room before it gets loud, I would need to use something one handed.

I also have a few P2X Furys, if I need to investigate something without pointing a gun at it.

I have DG switches mounted on all my 300U equipped Glocks.

Regards.

Mark
Battlefield dictates I live alone in woods. So I can pretty much level the trailer.
Old 30 August 2017, 16:05
Midgetologist

Wanted to ask, with a strobe light any negative effects on the user? Make engaging the target more difficult etc?
Old 30 August 2017, 20:18

OK LP, what normally considered crew-serve do you have mounted on your guntruck, to go with the LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I just put new LED lights on my Jeep, and lowered the front windshield. I am good to go.

Just need to learn now how to dual mount two AUGs to the dash board.
Old 31 August 2017, 11:52
BTDT

lights

https://youtu.be/f7u3GEGkeZ0

Compare & contrast.

Using an RMR slide ride & green light significantly reduces the time you need to "see what you need to see."

Good shooting

Last edited by glockcqc; 31 August 2017 at 11:57. Reason: link
Old 11 September 2017, 14:35
BTDT

green light

https://youtu.be/jGK3j47nErY

Or, w/a FN SCAR MK16S, shooting 2 6" steel plates, off-hand, @ 35yds
Old 26 September 2017, 19:55
Midgetologist

Glock thanks for posting the videos.
Old 22 October 2017, 02:14
Nobody Special

I used to do a lot of work in riverbeds, brush, Mountains...sometimes tracking and long pursuits. Personally I preferred not to use a flashlight unless it became absolutely necessary for some reason. Did all the goofy shit like drinking carrot juice and crap to improve my night vision ahahhaha. Anyhow, for me the light immediately revealed my location, required me to recover my night vision, then proceed. When I got NVG, I felt exponentially more confidmeent, move more quickly and with less missteps or noise. As far as engagement, the light on the rifle/shotgun/pistol barrel can be a great help to not only illuminate the target but take their acclimation to the dark from them. All the new guys have the flashlights on everything so what do I know . Also, I've used the strobing light, before it was developed into the flashlight by rapidly turning it on and off, and the flashlights that have the option that are made now. They work well indoors when you are trying to disorient or distract.
Old 19 November 2017, 10:46
The Sagacious One

As its nearing winter and its dark here by 1800, I use the mild weather and dark evenings to practice my shooting in limited visibility. A couple of ARR points.

1. Make sure you have a head lamp so you can inventory and retrieve all of your stuff. (I had 4 pistols out last night).

2. When shooting from behind cover, such as a car or building, you will definitely wash out your night vision if you hit the light behind the cover.

3. I had Gen 4 G 21 and Kimber TLE II RL, the Glock has a regular old Surefire 300x and the Kimber had an ultra. The ultra is significantly brighter (See above) and even when pointed down range can wash out your night vision. The regular 300 is adequate however for shooting at 15 meters.

4. I was flashing my light and them using the night sights to aim into the zone where the target was and then popping back behind cover. I actually did better with the regular Surefire. The challenge is seeing peripheral targets or friendlies. Adjust your beam accordingly.

5. I use the V-Tac barriers for training and let me tell you, shooting a 9 hole drill without getting that light beam all the way through the hole is a surprise. Shooting the 9 hole with the ultra was at least initially as surprising as shooting the barrier itself, just not as much need for the tweezers and antiseptic.

Later this week, I will return with hand held flashlights and some smaller carry pistols with Surefire XC1's on them. I also need to work the shotguns and rifles into the mix as well.

Our new posting rules