Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2001  
Old 5 October 2017, 11:25
CTA's Avatar
CTA CTA is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: FL
Posts: 1,608
Stephen Cloobeck the Diamond Resorts founder was just on Fox Business News talking about how he wants to see a bipartisan ban on all automatic weapons.... What a tool.
__________________
NSA/CSS National Cryptologic Memorial - They Served In Silence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Reply With Quote
  #2002  
Old 5 October 2017, 11:41
havok88 havok88 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: US
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
Stephen Cloobeck the Diamond Resorts founder was just on Fox Business News talking about how he wants to see a bipartisan ban on all automatic weapons.... What a tool.
I was just listening to them talk about how the slidefire stock modifies the gun to make it fire different than how the manufacturer intended. It still fires once per trigger pull, just like the manufacturer intended.
Reply With Quote
  #2003  
Old 5 October 2017, 11:43
DirtyDog0311's Avatar
DirtyDog0311 DirtyDog0311 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South
Posts: 6,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Right there with you. A 9 month processing delay is a de facto law.
My personal view (besides the flammenwerfing of the whole NFA/ATF system) is that you should be able to 'possess' your NFA item as soon as the check clears the Treasury system. The idea that the ATF 'has to do a background check on you' (they really don't, they do a paperwork check, FWIU) is so monumentally stupid because a person has to fill out a 4473 and have a background check anyway once they go to the store to pick up the item. A clerk's processing time should be cut down to handing over a receipt. Like when you get one printed at the pump at the gas station.

In fact, IMO, you should be able to go to the store and pick up your NFA item of choice and run your Debit/CC and if it clears the system you're GTG. And no I don't care about charge-backs. The gov can deal with it like every other merchant across the world. Once the 4473 and background give a green light, there literally shouldn't be a problem. It's a TAX, nothing more. The idea that you need armed LE and other military assets to enforce what really is just a tax is ridiculous. Don't pay your income tax, what do they do? Yeah, they levy your accounts, seize your assets, and have the local po-po do the dirty work for them. Tax shit is really just accounting crap for stupid thick-glasses wearing nerds. Possession of 'illegal" guns is, or should be, a job for local LE.

BUT --- as everyone here know full well, this stuff isn't about guns. It's not about protected the precious babies asleep in their cribs from the evil guns lurking in the shadows waiting for a chance to strike. It's about CONTROL. So they can do to us some of the shit that the EU does to it's citizens.
__________________
Days since DD0311 has advocated violence against "the left": 0
Reply With Quote
  #2004  
Old 17 November 2017, 10:04
Sharky's Avatar
Sharky Sharky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: SOCNET
Posts: 18,221
If you missed it last night, Tucker Carlson had a "weapons expert" on his show that is working to ban muzzle loaders, particularly muzzle loaders with "silencers". I just sat there stunned at the level of ignorance that these people have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7hi99qx24
__________________
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Reply With Quote
  #2005  
Old 17 November 2017, 10:27
billdawg's Avatar
billdawg billdawg is offline
Going cyclic!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
If you missed it last night, Tucker Carlson had a "weapons expert" on his show that is working to ban muzzle loaders, particularly muzzle loaders with "silencers". I just sat there stunned at the level of ignorance that these people have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7hi99qx24
Seriously, I couldn't get through the first few words that idiot said. Sweet Jesus on a pogo stick.
__________________
Be nice, until it's time to not be nice!
Reply With Quote
  #2006  
Old 17 November 2017, 10:31
Agoge's Avatar
Agoge Agoge is offline
Renuo Victima Esse
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 6,274
Some people should have to have their tongues sewn to the roof of their mouths in order to prevent them from speaking! He is a candidate for the procedure!
Reply With Quote
  #2007  
Old 17 November 2017, 11:49
Lefty's Avatar
Lefty Lefty is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
If you missed it last night, Tucker Carlson had a "weapons expert" on his show that is working to ban muzzle loaders, particularly muzzle loaders with "silencers". I just sat there stunned at the level of ignorance that these people have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7hi99qx24
I watched that episode - I am surprised he is allowed to walk around unescorted in public.
__________________
In every organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on.
This person must be fired.
Reply With Quote
  #2008  
Old 17 November 2017, 11:56
Streck-Fu's Avatar
Streck-Fu Streck-Fu is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
If you missed it last night, Tucker Carlson had a "weapons expert" on his show that is working to ban muzzle loaders, particularly muzzle loaders with "silencers". I just sat there stunned at the level of ignorance that these people have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7hi99qx24

This may be in response to the Silencer Co Maxim 50. LINK

Quote:
For the first time since the National Firearms Act (NFA) was created in 1934, civilians across the country can enjoy suppressed shooting with SilencerCo's latest innovation: the integrally suppressed Maxim 50 muzzleloader. In addition, this product can be purchased right now on the web with no regulation (no 4473, no $200 tax stamp, no photographs, and no fingerprints) and be shipped immediately to the customer with few exceptions.

In addition to producing hearing safe sound results, the Maxim 50 also offers shooters greatly reduced recoil and a 2/3 reduction of smoke emissions when compared to non-moderated muzzleloaders. You can now enjoy shooting suppressed without the usual NFA-related hassles or headaches.
Reply With Quote
  #2009  
Old 17 November 2017, 12:21
B 2/75's Avatar
B 2/75 B 2/75 is offline
Old Scroll
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Black Mountains
Posts: 10,168
^^^ Yup. That certainly going to be the next bump fire stock.

Assassins, Nazis, and gun-waving conserviative kooks will be dropping respectable citizens in the streets by the dozen because they can get away with it since they're silent.

That's a loophole that demands closing. Nancy & Chuck should get right on it.
__________________

.
"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Reply With Quote
  #2010  
Old 17 November 2017, 12:27
EchoFiveMike's Avatar
EchoFiveMike EchoFiveMike is offline
Make a desert and call it peace.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: back home, IVO chicago
Posts: 7,718
Hey, if the shitlibs want to play "define what 'it' means" lawyerspeak games, then so can we. And we should, there's never any victory from defense alone.

We need to get some friendly judges and start suing these tyrants under civil rights laws, and maybe even RICO type conspiratorial criminal offenses. There's really no difference in desired endstate between these asshats and the Kluxxers or the neonazis; the shitlib activist groups like the ADL, SPLC, etc sued those groups into complete insolvency. Take their tactics, amp them up to 11, and hit back, twice as hard.

Imagine using the McDonald vs Chicago ruling as the basis to take everything that Rahm Emmanuel owns under civil rights forfeiture laws. And all the city aldermen. And the chief of police. And the county sheriff. And so forth until they're living in a shack in Montana. S/F....Ken M
__________________
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Reply With Quote
  #2011  
Old 17 November 2017, 12:41
Gsniper Gsniper is online now
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,295
Quote:
And so forth until they're living in a shack in Montana. S/F....Ken M
Let's not do that exactly. Those of us that are already living in shacks in the woods don't want em fucking shit up out here.
Reply With Quote
  #2012  
Old 17 November 2017, 13:03
F18Wub F18Wub is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 28
Nah, just put them up in a nice walk up in Englewood. My girlfriends neighborhood has gone to shit lately with muggings and carjackings. I think they had 12 in a night last week. People are developing a high interest in firearms in spite of what the kool-aid served is.
Reply With Quote
  #2013  
Old 17 November 2017, 13:16
grog18b's Avatar
grog18b grog18b is offline
Clorox bearer for SOTB
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finally back to my 203 range
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Let's not do that exactly. Those of us that are already living in shacks in the woods don't want em fucking shit up out here.
Well, there is a bright side... look at them as a source of equipment you don't have to buy or hump into the woods.
__________________
"....As far as "rights" are concerned... I look at them this way. I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Reply With Quote
  #2014  
Old 17 November 2017, 13:24
Gsniper Gsniper is online now
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,295
Grog, the eternal opportunist.
Reply With Quote
  #2015  
Old 17 November 2017, 13:26
EchoFiveMike's Avatar
EchoFiveMike EchoFiveMike is offline
Make a desert and call it peace.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: back home, IVO chicago
Posts: 7,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18Wub View Post
Nah, just put them up in a nice walk up in Englewood. My girlfriends neighborhood has gone to shit lately with muggings and carjackings. I think they had 12 in a night last week. People are developing a high interest in firearms in spite of what the kool-aid served is.
Englewood has more cops per capita than probably anyplace in America. All the shitheads migrate out to commit their fuckery, making formerly nice places into sewers. Working/middle class black neighborhoods like Pill Hill are the biggest losers; that's where you're seeing people CCW up. S/F....Ken M
__________________
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Reply With Quote
  #2016  
Old 27 November 2017, 14:35
usmc_3m's Avatar
usmc_3m usmc_3m is online now
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PR of Kali
Posts: 838
The US Supreme Court rejects hearing Maryland challenge of "assault" weapons ban. Apparently, they also declined to hear a Florida related appeal case where a CCW holder was convicted of open-carry.

This does not forebode well IMO. Is there any potential upside to this that I am missing? A longer term strategy... I guess I am grasping at straws here.

Link to article here.
__________________
"He who does not punish evil commands that it be done." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Reply With Quote
  #2017  
Old 27 November 2017, 15:57
t10Guy's Avatar
t10Guy t10Guy is offline
regular speed jerk, not a high speed jerk
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas, mostly. I travel.
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_3m View Post
The US Supreme Court rejects hearing Maryland challenge of "assault" weapons ban. Apparently, they also declined to hear a Florida related appeal case where a CCW holder was convicted of open-carry.

This does not forebode well IMO. Is there any potential upside to this that I am missing? A longer term strategy... I guess I am grasping at straws here.

Link to article here.
I dont think this is so bad. I mean that ban/case would have been a good one for the pro-gun crowd. It really was trying to define things like the AR platform as a weapon in "common use". This is a link back to Heller where the court pointed out that you could not ban weapons that are in common use. But you then have to think of how the judges will rule... they pick or deny cases that are politically touchy based on what they think they can get at the end of it.

Since Heller had set some standards there have really been no more SCOTUS cases around these assault weapons bans, magazine capacity limits, etc. Heck they didn't even take up the question of "May Issue" from places like NY/NJ.

Its hard to guess what is in the heads of these judges but you basically know its a 4/4 split with Kennedy having been the tie breaker on Heller.

But if I HAD TO GUESS... the 3 or 4 that would be pro-2A (Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch & maybe Roberts) are not wanting to take the case because they don't know how Kennedy will swing. That is the ONLY reason I can see when dealing with a "ban" on anything that touches the Bill of Rights.

My only hope is one of the older members of the other side (Bryer-79, Ginsburg-84, or even Kennedy-81) will retire or drop dead thus being replaced by the current POTUS. Do that and you have a pretty solid 5:4... best case 1 or 2 of them drop before the next 24 months are out, because they are NOT going to retire and allow their replacement to be picked by Trump.
__________________
"Once the killing starts, no one cares how you feel."
Reply With Quote
  #2018  
Old 27 November 2017, 18:10
usmc_3m's Avatar
usmc_3m usmc_3m is online now
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PR of Kali
Posts: 838
That's a pretty solid analysis of the situation, t10. And - dare I say - cautiously optimistic... Thanks.
__________________
"He who does not punish evil commands that it be done." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Reply With Quote
  #2019  
Old 27 November 2017, 18:25
Expatmedic's Avatar
Expatmedic Expatmedic is offline
Anesthetized User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Loompa Land
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
I dont think this is so bad. I mean that ban/case would have been a good one for the pro-gun crowd. It really was trying to define things like the AR platform as a weapon in "common use". This is a link back to Heller where the court pointed out that you could not ban weapons that are in common use. But you then have to think of how the judges will rule... they pick or deny cases that are politically touchy based on what they think they can get at the end of it.

Since Heller had set some standards there have really been no more SCOTUS cases around these assault weapons bans, magazine capacity limits, etc. Heck they didn't even take up the question of "May Issue" from places like NY/NJ.
Its hard to guess what is in the heads of these judges but you basically know its a 4/4 split with Kennedy having been the tie breaker on Heller.


But if I HAD TO GUESS... the 3 or 4 that would be pro-2A (Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch & maybe Roberts) are not wanting to take the case because they don't know how Kennedy will swing. That is the ONLY reason I can see when dealing with a "ban" on anything that touches the Bill of Rights.

My only hope is one of the older members of the other side (Bryer-79, Ginsburg-84, or even Kennedy-81) will retire or drop dead thus being replaced by the current POTUS. Do that and you have a pretty solid 5:4... best case 1 or 2 of them drop before the next 24 months are out, because they are NOT going to retire and allow their replacement to be picked by Trump.
Only because the 9th CCoA is taking it's sweet ass time with all of the lawsuits out of California. The ONLY way gun owners stand ANY chance is to get cases before SCOTUS. Even if the rulings go in favor of CA gun owners CA DOJ will continue to fuck around and say they are not sure how to interpret the ruling, and the CA AG's office will just fuck over the gun owning citizens of the state even though SCOTUS makes it clear.
__________________
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence--RB

Support SOCNET.

Last edited by Expatmedic; 27 November 2017 at 18:31.
Reply With Quote
  #2020  
Old 27 November 2017, 23:29
havok88 havok88 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: US
Posts: 1,598
I view this the same way as t10guy. It would be better to wait to hear 2a cases after another judge or two has been replaced.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:33.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET