Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 3 October 2017, 03:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
commies and other lefties are the most jealous
Because every ideology that used march towards communism as its driving force was basically playing on one of the most prevalent human feelings - jealousy. Ask Lenin what he and his peers wanted: Unity? Equality? Freedom for worker caste? Hell no. It was about stealing power and money from nobility and inteligentsia. Then we had Soviet Union desperately craving for having the same level of wealth as the West had and dreaming about getting it for itself. SU was so about money and power it was almost sad to look at. Hypocrisy at exorbitant levels.

These people - leftists, SJWs, LGBTQWTF2SPIRIT or whatever want only two things: Money and power and are driven by extreme jealousy. A stunning blonde is guaranteed to find a nice husband and have kids and a family. Angry and ugly feminazi - not so much. So the hate and jealousy vector is soo obvious here.
Old 3 October 2017, 04:12
Been There Done That

Good points Paul. I guess one of the reasons one of the gen commandments is "though shall not covet...."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 3 October 2017, 12:57
Confirmed User

Is it me or do some of the dumbest people work in academia?

"When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival." - Billy Jack
Old 3 October 2017, 12:59
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
I don't think it's so much that they are "dumb" as it is the fact that their worlds are very minute in size and they have an over-inflated view as to the importance of their opinions.
Old 3 October 2017, 14:40
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I don't think it's so much that they are "dumb" as it is the fact that their worlds are very minute in size and they have an over-inflated view as to the importance of their opinions.
Concur.
Old 3 October 2017, 14:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Could not have said it better!
Old 3 October 2017, 20:24
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
Quote:
IME many go from student to teacher with little real world experience. I think that causes them to not understand how things work outside of an educational environment.

Years ago, I was trying to get out of a college class "group" assignment and get the instructor to give me an individual project. She had the gall to say to me (at 35 YO), "you'll find that in the real world you often have to complete group projects and work with other people." I told her "you know I'm a gunnery sergeant, right? In the real world, someone is in charge of that project and those who don't perform get tossed" and that pretty much shut her up...
Old 3 October 2017, 21:38
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
IME many go from student to teacher with little real world experience. I think that causes them to not understand how things work outside of an educational environment.
....yes....

Quote:
Years ago, I was trying to get out of a college class "group" assignment and get the instructor to give me an individual project. She had the gall to say to me (at 35 YO), "you'll find that in the real world you often have to complete group projects and work with other people." I told her "you know I'm a gunnery sergeant, right? In the real world, someone is in charge of that project and those who don't perform get tossed" and that pretty much shut her up...
Oh, you were one of those.... your job was to scare the hell out of the other students.
Old 3 October 2017, 23:52
Perpetual FNG

Quote:
In 2010, I was a 33 year old college freshman with 18 years of blue collar work experience. My College Comp professor was a 35 year old PhD English major that had never had a job outside of academia, but was a frothy mouthed Marxist who assigned nothing but Marxist propaganda for reading assignments. She took an immediate shine to me because she thought I was going to validate all of her beliefs about the proletariat. When I would tell her and the class why all of her propaganda was wrong and what the working world is really like, you could almost see the wires in her head crossing and sparking as she tried to square my experiences with her brainwashing. Still got an A.

- MacS
Old 4 October 2017, 02:33
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
Oh, you were one of those.... your job was to scare the hell out of the other students.
Very true. And a few instructors...
Old 4 October 2017, 02:47
Confirmed User

Some academics live in their small worlds. Usually quite detached from the outside. When you're swirling around in your small silo of expertise without hands-on contact and experience you begin to view the world only via the slit window of your theoretical knowledge. That's why the best academics spend a lot of time actually doing what they are teaching about so they never lose the connection between theory and real life facts.

I don't know prof. Putman, maybe she has relevant experience and a proven record of research and this is just one-off retardetron she birthed. But even then she really, really made an idiot out of herself because, like I and many others have pointed out, her thesis is stupid, research is dodgy and conclusions are even more stupid. I'm sorry for unsophisticated and blunt description but stupid is stupid. There's no way around that cold, hard fact of life.

I just realized that she actually managed to prove something, albeit not the thing she probably meant to. And that is: "If you have a stupid thesis the conclusion will probably* be stupid too".

*The usage of the word "probably" is because of a lack of knowledge by the author of this post about solid data on how many stupid theses actually have stupid conclusions. Author of the post believes it's the majority understood by him as a figure close to 99% but this, again, is a personal opinion and view of the author himself and might not necessarily have a firm grounding in statistics.

Last edited by Paul85; 4 October 2017 at 02:54.
Old 5 October 2017, 11:13
Confirmed User

Applying one's belief in success being the result of hard work is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Old 5 October 2017, 12:29
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpusher View Post
Applying one's belief in success being the result of hard work is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Too true. My wife was awarded the National Medal of Science for pioneering the field of Brain Imaging.

She still works 10-12 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Old 5 October 2017, 12:48
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
I was one of those guys for sure. Took me about a year to decompress back into the real world.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 5 October 2017, 13:12
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
I was one of those guys for sure. Took me about a year to decompress back into the real world.
Same here. Because of deployments and work schedules I never had the opportunity to take college classes while on active duty. My first taste of anything collegiate was a mouthful of poop sandwich called academia after I got out. I was a 27 year old freshman with a full time job, a wife, a house, two cars, and two kids in elementary school. I just wanted to get that diploma ASAP and could not grasp the time, attention span, and brain cells that other students devoted to trivia and inanities, nor could I reconcile the crap professors called knowledge with my real world experiences.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 8 October 2017, 00:02
Martian for Pax Romana

Quote:
I don't think it's so much that they are "dumb" as it is the fact that their worlds are very minute in size and they have an over-inflated view as to the importance of their opinions
Fool-hearted is the better descriptor. They're a bunch of fools. And, intellectual and moral cowards.

Our new posting rules