Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 11 October 2017, 02:17
On the Extract Bird

Icon5 Home invasion

Evening gentlemen,

The other other night I had an incident that got my blood boiling a little bit and I'm just looking for a little advice. I'm In the Phoenix, Az area and I'm living with my parents being that I'm 16 almost 17. I was sitting in my living room with my pups on my phone while my parents were out and about. I suddenly hear the door open and it stayed open for a good 10 seconds and I didn't think anything of it because I thought it was my parents with groceries or something. Keep in mind that the door is around 10 feet away from me but I have a wall blocking my view of the door. Anyways, I here one of my dogs growl a little bit and I tell them to "get it" in a semi-joking way because I still think it's my parents. Right after I said that, the door slammed and my dogs all ran towards the door at once barking. I happened to have my AR-15 right beside me being that I just cleaned it. I grabbed it and ran out the door out of adrenaline and let my dogs go out too. I started yelling and cursing out of instinct and went looking around the property which was straight stupid since I had no one with me, let alone anyone who knew what was happening. I heard a car peel out by my front gate and that was that. My dogs didn't go after anyone so I'm guessing the person or people just ran their asses off. Afterwards, I called my parents and they immediately came home and called the police. The police didn't come by but said they would patrol more over by my area. Anyways, being that a lot of you guys are Former/active Military and LE, I just wanted to ask what I should have done differently and if it went another way, how should I have reacted in the moment? I ask this because should it happen again, I'd like to be a little bit more prepared and have some food for thought. There have been a lot of break ins lately and the last thing I want if it were to happen again is to do something stupid out of impulse. Thanks in advance.
Old 11 October 2017, 04:21
Been There Done That

Don't leave your door unlocked.
Old 11 October 2017, 04:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
I suddenly hear the door open and it stayed open
If you have an unlocked door you might hear it open more frequently that you'd want it to. For example in Poland there are thieves who roam suburbs or apartment complexes and "accidentally" grab the door handles to see if the house/apartment is unlocked. When caught they present a lame excuse of accidentally grabbing the handle of a wrong door. There are even thieves disgusied as workers of a power company or building administrator or other utility companies. Given that thief skills and methods are more or less the same across the globe, I guess this method might apply to the U.S. too.

This trick works because even if people are inside if you open the door you can grab car keys, wallets or anything else that's in close proximity - and be gone before anyone in the house is any wiser, especially if you can hear them watching TV or playing loud music.

If your parents are away you should lock yourself up tight and don't open for anyone except them. No plumbers, no mail men, nobody. That's what i did when I was a kid and trust me, it paid off.
Old 11 October 2017, 04:47
Been There Done That

Read more, post less...
Old 11 October 2017, 04:50
Another pool cleaner

Isn't there an age restriction on this forum?
Old 11 October 2017, 04:52
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Isn't there an age restriction on this forum?
18. But feel free to post in a few years.
Old 11 October 2017, 05:04
On the Extract Bird

Didn't know there was an age restriction. Appolagies. I'll stay away from this site. If an administer reads this. Then feel free to delete my account.
Old 11 October 2017, 05:05
On the Extract Bird

Apologies*
Old 11 October 2017, 05:44
Vivat Fraternitatis

This didn't happen after you got done running uphill into an earthmover did it?
Old 11 October 2017, 06:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
after you got done running uphill into an earthmover
You think BenningBound might be his father? 15 years...16 years. Who knows?
Old 11 October 2017, 06:18
Been There Done That

Your "story" reeks of chest-thumping bullshit.

Closed, and you're banned until you're at least of age.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules