Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 5 October 2017, 19:23
On the Extract Bird

The NRA has officially lost it's motherfucking goddamn mind. Someone needs to scream in their faces about never giving the fucking gungrabbers ANYTHING. This is NOT going to silence the other side. The other side isn't going to STFU until every gun is gone from America, period.

If anything, these fucking retards are playing with fire while soaked in gasoline. If something is determined to "be a machine gun" because it modifies the way the weapon is fired --- do they have any flippin idea the Pandora's CRATE that opens??? Good bye Geissele. Goodbye slide cuts. Goodbye lightened BCGs. Goodbye literally everything some shitbag bureaucrat at the BATFE dreams up one morning while shaving. It's literally only limited to the damn imagination of the .gov shiteater making the policies.

This is insanity. The NRA needs a fucking wake up call. You DO NOT fucking virtue signal to the left. You do not show ANY weakness EVER to the left. At all. I cannot even believe these traitorous fucks in the NRA right now. Un-freaking-believable.
Old 5 October 2017, 21:45
Calix Meus Inebrians

It would be one thing if the NRA and Congressional Republicans were willing to be flexible in recognition of being outmatched by a Democratic Congress with a Democratic President. That way they could either stall the process, or gain some mitigation to the proposed plans as the price of bipartisanship. But this is the opposite way around with the Democrats having no leverage saving for press events that would have fizzled out by Thanksgiving break at the latest.

This is a straight up cave for no gain, on an issue that would bring zero consequences from the electorate had the GOP just waited for the Democrats to move onto the next cause of the week.
Old 5 October 2017, 23:25
Confirmed User

Wait an see what the NRA does next
Old 5 October 2017, 23:41
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Wait an see what the NRA does next
Write the bill to specify bump stocks and those gadgets that attach to the trigger, leaves all the aftermarket triggers alone.
Old 6 October 2017, 01:01
Been There Done That

I think sacrificing the bump stocks is a small concession in lieu of the tragedy that occurred. The public in general wants to see SOMETHING done. I consider it a token give away. They're not going after AR's here. Of course the Libs would love too, but it's not happening under this POTUS.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 6 October 2017, 01:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I think sacrificing the bump stocks is a small concession in lieu of the tragedy that occurred. The public in general wants to see SOMETHING done. I consider it a token give away. They're not going after AR's here. Of course the Libs would love too, but it's not happening under this POTUS.
With all due respect, give them nothing because they ALWAYS come back for another bite of the apple.
Old 6 October 2017, 02:33
On the Extract Bird

Old 6 October 2017, 03:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
With all due respect, give them nothing because they ALWAYS come back for another bite of the apple.
They always have. Always will. I just don't have a problem letting them think they won one. Especially with something a rubber band will suffice for the same thing. You can bet the next Dem Presidential Nominee will be anti gun, want another assault weapons ban, limit mag capacities, etc and so on. And that will be their doom, unless nothing is done at all about this recent attack. Then it will be a strong campaign theme for them and hurt the rigjt.

Old 6 October 2017, 05:44
Make a desert and call it peace.

I totally think we need to look at these bump fire stocks.

They're stupid simple, and advances in belt loop technology make the NFA of 1934 obsolete...guess we better repeal that idiot piece of legislation, who's only backed by wanna-be tyrants and speculator shitbags with $65,000 items that would otherwise cost $350 without this law.

The GCA of 1968 had the same dynamic,"businessmen" backing laws to further their profits by creating a cartelist business environment. The only reason there's even "gun shops" is because of the GCA 1968. Prior to that, you bought a gun at the hardware store or from the Sears-Roebuck catalog or direct from the manufacturer. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 6 October 2017, 06:10
Been There Done That

I remember well looking at shotguns in a Sears catalog and just recently handed down a .22 rifle bought at a Western Auto store to my Nephew.

Old 6 October 2017, 08:53
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
Fucking A. We're where we are now because the American people keep allowing the line to inch slowly to the left. The NFA was a knee-jerk reaction to the Gangster Wars, the GCA was a knee-jerk reaction to black guerillas with guns. Let's not pass a knee-jerk reaction to this incident. I personally don't care about bump stocks and I agree with Gsniper, but I don't see any reason to ban them or to concede a single point to the left. They have never conceded a point to us.
Old 6 October 2017, 10:13
BTDT

Overtons window is the preferred weapon of the left. "We need to do something - lets just do this one little thing."

...its for the children

Never let a crisis go to waste
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 6 October 2017, 14:27
On the Extract Bird

Wait, we let them think they won something...............by ACTUALLY letting them win something? Because that's what I'm hearing.

The dangerous part is the wording they will use to 'ban' it. Who wants to bet "they" will intentionally word it so it gives maximum leverage to future shiteating regulators for future 're-interpretations' on other common items. Because it will. Does the recent attempt to ban green-tip ammo jog anyone's memory? Even though it flagrantly didn't even meet the ATF's own definition for what was "armor piercing" they still tried to do away with it.......

You're giving them a win and the tool to have future wins. On a silver platter.
Old 6 October 2017, 15:45
Midgetologist

I fired off emails to the NRA and one of their board members. Told them this is a big mistake.

ATF can reclassify bump stocks without Congress correct?
Old 6 October 2017, 21:31

$200.00 in 1934 had the same buying power as $3,658.06 in 2017. My fear is proration, making NFA items that much more expensive. Washington is always looking for money....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
I totally think we need to look at these bump fire stocks.

They're stupid simple, and advances in belt loop technology make the NFA of 1934 obsolete...guess we better repeal that idiot piece of legislation, who's only backed by wanna-be tyrants and speculator shitbags with $65,000 items that would otherwise cost $350 without this law.

The GCA of 1968 had the same dynamic,"businessmen" backing laws to further their profits by creating a cartelist business environment. The only reason there's even "gun shops" is because of the GCA 1968. Prior to that, you bought a gun at the hardware store or from the Sears-Roebuck catalog or direct from the manufacturer. S/F....Ken M
Old 11 October 2017, 23:34
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
The dangerous part is the wording they will use to 'ban' it. Who wants to bet "they" will intentionally word it so it gives maximum leverage to future shiteating regulators for future 're-interpretations' on other common items. Because it will.
What did I tell you................

Bipartisan lawmakers unveil bill to ban gun bump stocks

("BiPartisan" )

Quote:
To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun[/B].
How fucking vague is that? Gee, who thinks some bureaucrat can't make that apply to aftermarket triggers? Or those 45­° safety switches? Or an extended slide release for a Glock? This bill has the potential to neuter pretty much every semi auto ever made.

And to top it off................This shit was introduced by a REPUBLICAN. With NINE other republican traitors 'endorsing it'.

I am so sick of this goddamn bullshit. Every fucking day we have to fight these goddamn relentless shitbags. We started the month with a great chance to REPEAL some of the longest standing gun laws in our nation's history.................now we're fucking facing a bill that could give them an end around to fuck us the hardest since Obama's 2013 bullshit again. Goddamn these fucking people...........
Old 12 October 2017, 02:33
Make a desert and call it peace.

The false choice of subversion....the international commies learned from the Soviets, always allow the fantasy of a choice; it pacifies the cattle if they're allowed to play make believe.

Saddam's Iraq had elections too.

There is no chance of victory in defense. We must attack, Bannon's plans to primary every loathesome cuck senator is the only possible path to actual victory. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 12 October 2017, 15:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
What did I tell you................

Bipartisan lawmakers unveil bill to ban gun bump stocks

("BiPartisan" )

How fucking vague is that? Gee, who thinks some bureaucrat can't make that apply to aftermarket triggers? Or those 45­° safety switches? Or an extended slide release for a Glock? This bill has the potential to neuter pretty much every semi auto ever made.

And to top it off................This shit was introduced by a REPUBLICAN. With NINE other republican traitors 'endorsing it'.

I am so sick of this goddamn bullshit. Every fucking day we have to fight these goddamn relentless shitbags. We started the month with a great chance to REPEAL some of the longest standing gun laws in our nation's history.................now we're fucking facing a bill that could give them an end around to fuck us the hardest since Obama's 2013 bullshit again. Goddamn these fucking people...........
And people are still trying to say we benefitted from the NRA taking the stance of banning these.

Our new posting rules