Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 22 October 2004, 16:41
fnorder
Visitor

Well, we're not talking about MY shot group, now are we... Unless, of course, you somehow think having an opinion that doesn't mindlessly follow the party line as indicative of a weak one...
I wasn't suggesting that you guys tolerate what he said. Just tell him he's a worthless fuckstick, and move on to bigger and better things. Maybe a little smoking and humilation by the SOPC cadre. I just think the ranting about how his career was over and he was going to be sent to a platoon in the 82nd where an offended SOCNET PSG was going to make him pay day after day was a little creepy and obsessive. Keep it real.
Old 23 October 2004, 23:55
Hell on Wheels

Thank you for your input; it has been noted. Feel free to move along now.
Old 24 October 2004, 01:23
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by fnorder
Well, we're not talking about MY shot group, now are we... Unless, of course, you somehow think having an opinion that doesn't mindlessly follow the party line as indicative of a weak one...
Hmmmmm.....

An SFNG guy who doesn't even bother to note what MOS he is (preferring 18 series) ignoring the advice of both a retired SF Chief who is rather well known in the community and a current SF PA (Captain)....
Old 24 October 2004, 04:31
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by fnorder
I wasn't suggesting that you guys tolerate what he said. Just tell him he's a worthless fuckstick, and move on to bigger and better things. Maybe a little smoking and humilation by the SOPC cadre. I just think the ranting about how his career was over and he was going to be sent to a platoon in the 82nd where an offended SOCNET PSG was going to make him pay day after day was a little creepy and obsessive. Keep it real.
I think you might be making it worse...
Old 24 October 2004, 18:50
fnorder
Visitor

Quote:
An SFNG guy who doesn't even bother to note what MOS he is (preferring 18 series) ignoring the advice of both a retired SF Chief who is rather well known in the community and a current SF PA (Captain)....
"Ignoring the advice"? Oh, gee golly, the nerve of me! My most humble appologies...next time I won't have the audacity to dare post an opinion that differs with somebody who has (Fill in resume here) , because unless I'm retired with 20 years of operations under my belt, my opinion can't possibly have any validity. Instead of actually writing anything, I'll immediatly perform kow-tow. Will that be satisfactory, sir?
You've got to be shitting me. I didn't insult the guy or get personal. I happen to stand by the quite reasonable assertion that frothing at the mouth over what gets typed on the internet is creepy and obsessive. Some localized punishment for what he did- cool. Career ending- uncool. (Maybe that sort of thing is why I don't bother to note my MOS or other details)
Anyway- the whole idea behind message boards is so that people can post their thoughts, opinions ect. If you can't handle that I maybe look at things a bit differently than most people, you have my condolences.
Old 24 October 2004, 22:36
Confirmed User

fnorder. Your out of line, buddy. Would you talk to these guys in person like that? Insubbordination is what you are conducting here. Chill.

Last edited by DY; 24 October 2004 at 22:42.
Old 24 October 2004, 22:41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by DY
I suggest you chill or find yourself be-gonned.
I also gently suggest you re-think your tone, FNORDER.

This thread has run the course of its original intent, so I am closing it and moving it to the pen to serve as an example on the "what not to do" menu of life at SOCNET.

FNORDER, let's all treat this as an opportunity for you to start anew with your next post/response, shall we?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Our new posting rules