Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 October 2017, 17:22
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I already know the outcomes of all these challenges:

1. Pulls a gun, gets shot

2. Doesn't pull a gun, gets shot.

3. Tries to flee, gets shot
Old 5 October 2017, 17:43
Authorized Personnel

Or, they pull their gun and don't intend to shoot, expecting the other party to just show their gun as well...except the other party doesn't play the game and fully intends to shoot back. I see that being a short lived game.

"Where's your shit?"
"*BANG* I win."
Old 5 October 2017, 18:52
Confirmed User

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ust-2-counties

So 50% of murders are in 2% of counties. Who wants to go through and figure out what percentage of those are run by Democrats with strict gun control?

People are idiots.
Old 9 October 2017, 19:58
On the Razor's Edge

While the Demtards and MSM focus on bump-fire stocks, Chicago is burning.

Still #1 - Chicago hit 500 this weekend.

Story
Old 9 October 2017, 20:10
Confirmed User

its been posted before but good site to keep track of the stats:

http://heyjackass.com

not sure what to say about this:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=278_1507228669
Old 10 October 2017, 10:55

That Live Leak vid looks staged to me.

As for Jackass, they report the most accurate numbers, the city is notorious for fudging their reports. FBI won't even include their stats in their annual UCR.
Old 11 October 2017, 10:29
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

As for Jackass, they report the most accurate numbers, the city is notorious for fudging their reports. FBI won't even include their stats in their annual UCR.
Do you know that for a fact?
Old 11 October 2017, 11:19
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:

In the 2016 UCR, Chicago "accounted for more than 20% of the rise in the US homicide rate."

The UCR is based on statistics that are voluntarily provided by LEA's. If Chicago participates - which they do - their stats are utilized.

Last edited by Agoge; 11 October 2017 at 11:33.
Old 11 October 2017, 12:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
I already know the outcomes of all these challenges:

1. Pulls a gun, gets shot

2. Doesn't pull a gun, gets shot.

3. Tries to flee, gets shot
If they kill each other, Chicago will probably get better over time.
Old 11 October 2017, 12:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
If they kill each other, Chicago will probably get better over time.
Pure awesome!
Old 11 October 2017, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
No, but just watching the video leads me to believe it was. Just my opinion, and I've seen similar videos shot in Chicago prior to this that have proved to be just that, staged. Might not even be shot in Chicago, but I've seen these videos before, just guys goofing on each other for the benefit of the camera.

Check out the very first part of the clip, it's pretty clear they're guys who know each other and are just messing around. Smiles on their faces and laughing. At the very end, at the fast food counter, one of the clerks pulls out his own weapon and points it right back. And one of the clips in the middle shows the fat chick inside what appears to be a fast food drive thru kind of move away with a feigned look of shock on her face, then you see somebody else clapping inside just after that. If it was for real, nobody would be smiling and the tension would be a lot higher.

Just out of curiosity TFG, do you think it's legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
In the 2016 UCR, Chicago "accounted for more than 20% of the rise in the US homicide rate."

The UCR is based on statistics that are voluntarily provided by LEA's. If Chicago participates - which they do - their stats are utilized.
It was my understanding that at least one year in the fairly recent past, the FBI considered the stats that Chicago provided to be so unreliable as to be unusable in their UCR. Perhaps I read the story which reported that wrong. I will say that it is generally accepted throughout Chicago that CPD stats are fudged, in the sense that many crimes either are downgraded from more serious felonies to misdemeanors, to complainants simply deciding against even filing a report because they know nothing is going to be done about it.

Chicago is a city with homicide clearance rate right now stands at about 20%, which is abysmal. Also bear in mind, as I've posted several times before, that the city can actually make a body involved in a homicide disappear by simply classifying it as a "death investigation". A death investigation can be a totally legitimate description of many deaths that occur, usually bodies that are found unaccompanied. But when the police department starts using that as a catchall term for homicides that they don't want to add to the annual total, it becomes something else entirely, a scam that uses numbers to try and make things look better than they are.

Here's a piece from Chicago magazine a couple of years ago that covered that phenomenon pretty well, I thought.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...o-crime-rates/

Last edited by Spinner; 11 October 2017 at 13:12.
Old 12 October 2017, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I missed the bold highlighted part of your statement TFG, I thought you were referring to the video.

I was mistaken in my statement about the UCR, I'm sure now it is something I read locally that I misinterpreted. That said, and I'll try to find some citation from something that was published, I seem to recall an FBI spokesman making a comment about the unreliability of CPD stats that were submitted for inclusion in the annual Uniform Crime Report.

It seems unlikely that the Feds simply refused to accept them, they are after all an organization that thrives on collecting any and all data available. But I do stand by the meat of my assertion that the statistics that are reported throughout many of the police districts in Chicago are unreliable and skewed toward making the crime that does occur seem, for lack of a better word, more palatable to both the bosses at City Hall and the public at large.

Bottom line, Chicago is a mess, but then the same pretty much goes for the entire state at this point.
Old 12 October 2017, 13:31
Make a desert and call it peace.

We broke the Triple Nickel (555) over the past week. We seem to be down from last year, but there's fewer people to kill this year
S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 12 October 2017, 13:40

Indeed E5M, they are running out of targets.

The totals will probably be lower than last year, even if they don't mess with the numbers, but it will still be nothing to crow about. Last year seemed to be an exceptionally bad year, I really thought they'd crack 800 (and according to Hey Jackass, they did), but not according to the "official" totals.
Old 12 October 2017, 15:09
On the Razor's Edge

Run out of targets? I don't know, as those baby mommas are very prolific.
Old 16 October 2017, 17:36
Anesthetized User

CPD to Hire 1K New Officers

To this I say, so what. IMO, they can hire 5,000 and it won't make one bit of difference due to the mindset of upper ranks and the city leadership.

This assumes they can get 1K through the entire hiring process, backgrounds, academy and FTO time. A many years long process just to fill retirements.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16...tirements.html

Support SOCNET.
Old 16 October 2017, 17:50

Even with 1000 new hires CPD will be grossly under manned, especially for a city of its size and population.
Old 17 October 2017, 09:06
The Sagacious One

Quote:
I missed the bold highlighted part of your statement TFG, I thought you were referring to the video.

I was mistaken in my statement about the UCR, I'm sure now it is something I read locally that I misinterpreted. That said, and I'll try to find some citation from something that was published, I seem to recall an FBI spokesman making a comment about the unreliability of CPD stats that were submitted for inclusion in the annual Uniform Crime Report.

It seems unlikely that the Feds simply refused to accept them, they are after all an organization that thrives on collecting any and all data available. But I do stand by the meat of my assertion that the statistics that are reported throughout many of the police districts in Chicago are unreliable and skewed toward making the crime that does occur seem, for lack of a better word, more palatable to both the bosses at City Hall and the public at large.

Bottom line, Chicago is a mess, but then the same pretty much goes for the entire state at this point.
I do see a lot of anecdotal analysis that takes out the murders from Chicago, Detroit and NOLA, it makes the rest of us look like some pretty nice guys.
Old 17 October 2017, 14:16

The big news around town today is focused on the funeral of a teacher who was walking with her husband near a CTA stop in a fairly sketchy north side neighborhood who appears to have caught a stray in the head from a shooter in a passing car, killing her instantly.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...016-story.html

Just a middle aged couple, both well respected teachers who chose to live in the community where they worked and were on their way to meet friends for dinner, one of whom was cut down for probably no other reason than some banger wanted to score some points with his fellow dipshits or to make a point on an opposing gang. At this point, the cops have no clue who they were, or what they were shooting at.

When citizens get gunned down, and by citizens I mean people who have no connection to the gang/drugs/guns nexus that is prevalent in many of the shittier neighborhoods, the media starts to perk up and everybody starts to make even more vocal calls for an end to the violence. But right now the cops are undermanned, handcuffed in the sense that they are not going beyond responding to calls that come over the radio for fear of facing disciplinary action from the brass and whatever independent review authority looks into their actions, as well as the elected officials who use the CPD as a pawn to placate their constituents.

It's a mess, and I don't see it improving any time soon.
Old 17 October 2017, 14:24
Renuo Victima Esse

It can't be said enough...the issues in Chicago will not change until the people living there want to change and the effect the change -- not the government, not LE...the citizens.

Until they are tired of living like a war zone, things won't change. They are victims because they choose to be and remain victims.

Our new posting rules