Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 24 December 2014, 23:53
The Sagacious One

No thank you.
Old 25 December 2014, 03:19
Been There Done That

I've enjoyed my 6.5" AR pistol as a reliable shooter for five years now. It is very good at its role of short work.

ETA: it's now got a Noveske Fire Pig on it rather than the birdcage

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab

Last edited by B 2/75; 28 December 2014 at 21:55.
Old 25 December 2014, 21:12
Been There Done That

With a sig arm brace the "pistol" is as good as any sbr with the exception of certain nra limitations. Without the brace it's pointless in my opinion.
Old 25 December 2014, 21:56
Not a ninja...

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-look/first-look-sig-sauer-sbx-pistol-stabilizing-brace/undefined

If you're into the Sig Pistol brace kind of thing...
Old 25 December 2014, 22:22
Confirmed User

I'd have no interest in an AR pistol if the Sig brace did not exist.
I have no interest in an AR pistol with a <10.5" barrel

But being able to fit an AR into my backpack is very appealing.
Which leaves me with the option of an SBR, or a pistol.
I can achieve everything I'd want from an SBR with a pistol if it has a Sig brace attached.
I have no NFA asspain going with a pistol+brace.

Thus, an AR pistol with a brace will be my next acquisition (well, after I buy an LMT MWS). Undecided whether it'll be a Gen III Noveske, or a BCM+KMR, depends on if I think I'll ever want to slap a can on it.

My thinking at least.
Old 26 December 2014, 00:59
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by assertnull View Post
I'd have no interest in an AR pistol if the Sig brace did not exist.
I have no interest in an AR pistol with a <10.5" barrel

But being able to fit an AR into my backpack is very appealing.
Which leaves me with the option of an SBR, or a pistol.
I can achieve everything I'd want from an SBR with a pistol if it has a Sig brace attached.
I have no NFA asspain going with a pistol+brace. .........
Bingo
Old 26 December 2014, 07:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabasarge View Post
Bingo

Sabasarge, Just get a Tavor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 26 December 2014, 08:40
Been There Done That

I love my AR pistol, easy to throw in the car to go to outyards or on top of a book shelf...I can keep her loaded in the car or stick her in a pack and stay on the right side of the law with my ccw.

Pretty fun combo with my 308 surefire can. Still plenty loud but I wouldn't need medical attention if I kicked her off inside.
Old 26 December 2014, 09:19
Spice Weasel

Wait a minute...did SOTB just admit the AK sucks?
Old 26 December 2014, 09:55
BTDT

FN PS90. 50rd magazine, loaded w/Barnes 45gr TSX hand loads:)
Old 26 December 2014, 09:57
Confirmed User

DD "MK18" pistol with Sig brace. Runs like a fucking scalded ape. I have no idea where you guys are getting the hate from.
Old 26 December 2014, 10:21
Authorized Personnel

Tennessee Arms Company is experimenting with the AR pistol platform also and has several good vids on YouTube. The video I watched, the weapons could be broken down and placed in a small backpack.

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 26 December 2014, 10:59
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
...Runs like a fucking scalded ape...
Is this a good or bad thing?
Old 26 December 2014, 12:51
Calix Meus Inebrians

What BATFE giveth, they can taketh away. Using a SigBrace may be legal now, but once the government opens it's eyes and see's how many people are using them to circumvent NFA laws, and the revenue stream it represents, I have a feeling that will change.
Old 26 December 2014, 13:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
What BATFE giveth, they can taketh away. Using a SigBrace may be legal now, but once the government opens it's eyes and see's how many people are using them to circumvent NFA laws, and the revenue stream it represents, I have a feeling that will change.
Surprised the ATF has not clamped down on this already.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 26 December 2014, 14:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Surprised the ATF has not clamped down on this already.
There are a couple of threads going over at arfcom right now showing letters that just came out where the ATF has apparently switched their position, now claiming that shouldering the sig brace turns it into an sbr. If true, there are two completely contradictory letters from the ATF. I really hope a third comes out shortly clarifying that the second letter writer was mistaken (two different authors).

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1700566_Sig_Brace_ruled_ILLEGAL_TO_SHOULDER_by_ATF .html&page=1
Old 26 December 2014, 17:10
Overseas Gunplumber

Define circumventing NFA laws. An NFA item is legally defined by characteristics not usage. The BATF is full of contradictory rulings and opinions.

The SB15 was designed to be used a certain way, the fact the people are "misusing" it is irrelevant.

In a letter to a Colorado police officer they stated the use of the SB15 as a stock is not something they can control.

Now they are coming out and saying the opposite. Which shows that the BATF is fucked up like a soup sandwich and most of their field agents can't even understand their own regulations, policies and procedures.

Federal Definition of SBR- (8) The term “short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

So a stripped lower, that was built into a pistol form and has a Sig Brace attached in not an SBR and cannot be classified as one. Because if you look at the federal definition of a rifle it says;

The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

The only way that they could have stopped this (and I am not sure if it is within their purview) is if they had approved the SB15 and stated something like "as long as used as intended by attaching to an arm, leg or prosthetic device" or some such nonsense.

Quote:

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 26 December 2014, 18:50
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgunz View Post
Define circumventing NFA laws. An NFA item is legally defined by characteristics not usage. The BATF is full of contradictory rulings and opinions.
Circumventing in the "I want an SBR, but I don't want to pay for the tax stamp and have it in the system and all the responsibility that comes with it" kind of way. In an honest poll of SigBrace users, how many do you think bought the product with the full intention of strapping it to their arm as it was billed? Hell, I'd wager that Sig knew people would be using their product as a poor man's buttstock.
Old 26 December 2014, 22:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
In an honest poll of SigBrace users, how many do you think bought the product with the full intention of strapping it to their arm as it was billed? Hell, I'd wager that Sig knew people would be using their product as a poor man's buttstock.
The govt plays it's games, and we play ours.

Any agency that registers a fucking shoestring as a machine gun can seriously go fuck itself.

It's representative of the arbitrary and capricious nature of the entire govt. Creating, destroying, and upholding whateverthefuck laws and regulations it wants by unelected bureaucrats it wants in flagrant violation of how this country (or ANY constitutional republic for that matter) is 'supposed' to run.
Old 26 December 2014, 22:09
Overseas Gunplumber

Quite honestly, I don't blame them. It pisses me off having to wait weeks to get an answer from NFA Branch for 5320.20's. Not to mention not being able to bring them into states where SBR's aren't allowed.

Quote:
Circumventing in the "I want an SBR, but I don't want to pay for the tax stamp and have it in the system and all the responsibility that comes with it" kind of way. In an honest poll of SigBrace users, how many do you think bought the product with the full intention of strapping it to their arm as it was billed? Hell, I'd wager that Sig knew people would be using their product as a poor man's buttstock.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC

Our new posting rules