Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 26 December 2014, 22:32
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgunz View Post
Quite honestly, I don't blame them. It pisses me off having to wait weeks to get an answer from NFA Branch for 5320.20's. Not to mention not being able to bring them into states where SBR's aren't allowed.
I don't blame them either, the laws are arcane at best. Mostly they serve as a tack on charge when anybody gets arrested for a bigger crime. Meanwhile, everyday gun owners are caught up in the bureaucracy. It is what it is.

Maybe if the pro 2A orgs actually put forth a real effort to get the NFA laws repealed, there could be some movement on the needle here. But instead, they keep sending direct mailings warning about how Reid/Pelosi/Feinstien are coming for your guns, despite having been the minority party in at least one half of Congress for almost four years now.
Old 28 December 2014, 11:21
Confirmed User

And then you need one of these.

Old 28 December 2014, 13:47
Been There Done That

Tango,

Please tell me that is not a photo of yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 28 December 2014, 16:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Chaser View Post
your pictures
I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I have seen lately.
Old 28 December 2014, 18:29
Been There Done That

Gay as two boys fucking...
Old 28 December 2014, 22:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
Gay as two boys fucking...
Yeah, seriously, I mean the weapon doesn't even have any FDE on it, he's going to stick out like a sore thumb in the desert!
Old 29 December 2014, 01:31
Old Scroll

Is that an exposed trigger?
That holster doesn't prevent accidental discharge?

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 29 December 2014, 07:38
Callsign: Turkey Bacon

Double post

Last edited by DCH; 29 December 2014 at 07:48.
Old 29 December 2014, 07:47
Callsign: Turkey Bacon

sweet baby jesus

FN 10.5 upper in 5.56 from Palmetto
Aero Precision pictogram lower from Primary Arms
SB15 Brace
NcStar A3 detach carry handle/iron sights

About the same size as an H&K MP5A5 subgun
Fits inconspicuously inside a tennis racket cover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141129_220429.jpg (32.4 KB, 310 views)
Old 29 December 2014, 13:34
BTDT

...so can I assume that the AR-15 pistols are good enough to "make major" in an IPSC match?

...has anyone tried to conceal one under a photographers vest to use in an IDPA match

Just add an MKA-1919 and imagine the fun that could be had at a three gun match
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 29 December 2014, 14:07
Authorized Personnel

Billy,
I have to admit that I am ignorant to what an actual AR pistol was/is. It just happens that a former team mate of mine is working on an AR pistol and posted the link below on Youtube. Other than what he posted, I have no other knowledge of the weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mldAz2ZaIK4

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 29 December 2014, 14:34

#1 While I am a fan of a 10.5 AR pistol with a sig brace, I understand that the brace is a circumvention of government revenue streams, and that my friends is playing with fire. We exist to feed the government.

#2 I had an AK pistol, worthless.

#3 IMO the solution is a bullpup. The Tavor being a personal favorite. 16 inch barrel and no problems crossing any state lines. Still avoid occupied states regardless. There are work arounds for keeping the gun unloaded until needed. Just have to add a step to your immediate action drill.

#5 for CONUS car work I prefer a suppressed large caliber pistol with a light anyway.

#6 the other option is the permanent (requiring tools to remove) attachment of a suppressor to a short barreled AR to make it 16 inches.
I feel that noise mitigation and a good light is more important than a barrel that is 4 inches shorter. We at least in most situations we might find our selves in CONUS.
Old 29 December 2014, 15:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Junk. Just a gimmick. You want a handgun, get a handgun. You want an AR or AK, get the full size rifle.

That's how I see it as well. I don't see the appeal. Of course if it's a purchase for fun at the range why not?
My preference would be to go for a Tavor or AUG. Overall length is about the same, handy and a 16" barrel.
Old 29 December 2014, 23:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwo180 View Post
#1 While I am a fan of a 10.5 AR pistol with a sig brace, I understand that the brace is a circumvention of government revenue streams, and that my friends is playing with fire. We exist to feed the government.
I dont see how it is playing with fire. BATFE has already made a statement saying it is perfectly legal to shoulder the pistol with the arm brace.
Old 29 December 2014, 23:42

Havok...

because under this DOJ I could see a change of regulation to show the intent of these items was to circumvent the law. If they were not used in the manner as intended (strapped to your arm) I could see the DOJ/ATF developing a fine structure and issuing them, or worse.

Sorry I do not trust Holder and those types, I think that if an item could be found to be a circumvention of federal law, and they could fuck over gun owners in the same stroke, they would be all over it.
Old 30 December 2014, 01:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwo180 View Post
Havok...

because under this DOJ I could see a change of regulation to show the intent of these items was to circumvent the law. If they were not used in the manner as intended (strapped to your arm) I could see the DOJ/ATF developing a fine structure and issuing them, or worse.

Sorry I do not trust Holder and those types, I think that if an item could be found to be a circumvention of federal law, and they could fuck over gun owners in the same stroke, they would be all over it.
Well I am actually glad that you brought this up, because in an effort to prove to you that there was no problem with it, I found this letter, which shows that it is perfectly legal because it is not designed as a buttstock.

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/ATF-Compliant-Letter.pdf

and now, last month, because so many people kept asking for clarification, they decided to change their mind.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/12/robert-farago/atf-dont-use-sig-brace-as-shoulder-stock-without-nfa-stamp/
Old 30 December 2014, 03:50

Havok

Thank you for that post
Old 30 December 2014, 09:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Well I am actually glad that you brought this up, because in an effort to prove to you that there was no problem with it, I found this letter, which shows that it is perfectly legal because it is not designed as a buttstock.

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/ATF...ant-Letter.pdf

and now, last month, because so many people kept asking for clarification, they decided to change their mind.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...out-nfa-stamp/
That shit is so damn confusing. I mean, which one is LEGAL??? Do we have to view them as valid ONLY in chronological order or something? Is it even a law? How can they just change their minds about shit on a whim? No judge or congressional act, just some dude waking up one morning and deciding "hey, I think I'm going to change my mind on what sends people to prison for 20+ years". And how are people reasonably expected to abide by this stuff? I mean, something is legal one day and the next it's not? No legal process, no oversight, no review by the judicial branch. Just "eh, I'll draft up this letter and now it's LAW". I mean, WTF???

Furthermore, people need to learn to shut their fucking mouths. All these god-damn morons bombarding the ATF with letters for "clarification".....well no SHIT one of responses from some random obscure bureaucrat is going to deny it. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on anymore and it's all just chaos and banana republic bullshit.

Ugh. There I go with one of my stupid rants again.....sorry in advance.
Old 30 December 2014, 10:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
That shit is so damn confusing. I mean, which one is LEGAL??? Do we have to view them as valid ONLY in chronological order or something? Is it even a law? How can they just change their minds about shit on a whim? No judge or congressional act, just some dude waking up one morning and deciding "hey, I think I'm going to change my mind on what sends people to prison for 20+ years". And how are people reasonably expected to abide by this stuff? I mean, something is legal one day and the next it's not? No legal process, no oversight, no review by the judicial branch. Just "eh, I'll draft up this letter and now it's LAW". I mean, WTF???

Furthermore, people need to learn to shut their fucking mouths. All these god-damn morons bombarding the ATF with letters for "clarification".....well no SHIT one of responses from some random obscure bureaucrat is going to deny it. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on anymore and it's all just chaos and banana republic bullshit.

Ugh. There I go with one of my stupid rants again.....sorry in advance.
I would like to know this as well. Supposedly there is another letter from the same person specifically saying it is legal to shoulder the gun, although I havent seen it myself.
Old 30 December 2014, 11:23
Not a ninja...

What's the gimmick? 55gn soft points come out the front at somewhere in the ball park of 2300 fps. I can shoot 5" group at 200 yds. It is short, small, and handy and is easily slung over my back or carried. It's not a rifle.. sure and I don't pay rifle length penalties in terms of portability or handiness. But I can shoot a lot faster and easier with it than I can with a handgun. And I'm not too shabby with a handgun.

All my AR stuff and ergonomics carry over... because it's an AR. I would definitely still own a rifle and it is not a replacement for one. But I like the hell out of it.

Classic though, it seems as though people who have experience with them, like them.. and those that don't... don't.

Our new posting rules