Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 18 October 2015, 14:30
Confirmed User

Figure I'd post a update.
The iranian ICBM report that came out is true. They have a underground base near urmiye and also near bokan(guarded by the 21st and 22nd qods brigade) I've spoke with several prior qods officers and it's not just propaganda they do have test facilities.
The 22nd qods also has a Chem weapons artillery unit near es'faran iran.
But the US administration probably won't know anything about this or care.
How do I know? I've got a contact who left the qods force who helped develop the missiles. And it's alot more advanced then the gov thought.

In other news the ASMLA (ahwaz arabs) have pretty much stated they will kill or capture anyone working with the regime so those in south west iran doing oil, be careful. The balochs are the same. If you end up in iran be careful. Unless it's kurdish area you will be killed if one of the groups grabs you
Old 18 October 2015, 14:53
What could possibly go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
Figure I'd post a update.
The iranian ICBM report that came out is true. They have a underground base near urmiye and also near bokan(guarded by the 21st and 22nd qods brigade) I've spoke with several prior qods officers and it's not just propaganda they do have test facilities.
The 22nd qods also has a Chem weapons artillery unit near es'faran iran.
But the US administration probably won't know anything about this or care.
How do I know? I've got a contact who left the qods force who helped develop the missiles. And it's alot more advanced then the gov thought.

In other news the ASMLA (ahwaz arabs) have pretty much stated they will kill or capture anyone working with the regime so those in south west iran doing oil, be careful. The balochs are the same. If you end up in iran be careful. Unless it's kurdish area you will be killed if one of the groups grabs you
I'm interested in hearing more.
Old 18 October 2015, 16:44
Nec Aspera Terrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA SGT View Post

x2.

Redbull - thanks for making this thread. This kind of info is almost never reported in the West, and can be difficult to find on the web as well.

We are the middle children of history.
Born too late to explore the Earth,
born too early to explore space.

- Anonymous

"The foremost cartographers of the land have prepared this for you; it's a map of the area that you'll be traversing."

"It's blank."

"They'll be very grateful if you could just fill it in as you go along."
Old 18 October 2015, 19:06
Preparing to defend

Fascinating stuff, RedBull, keep it coming. My uncle served in Tehran in the 60-70's. Electronics kinda AF guy back then. He has a soft spot for the Iranian people.
Old 18 October 2015, 22:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA SGT View Post
The 22nd Qods is in charge of a site near Bokan, Iran (kurdistan iran) that has a test/storage facility near it as well.(It's spelled bukan in Persian. The site is about 10clicks west of Kosta, iran)the 22nd also has quite a large force here as well including a armor group.
The 21st qods are near est efaran(it's also the artillery training area for new recruits/conscripts- mainly 155mm but it's a mix and match equipment wise. If you Google earth it the range is NW of the city. There's also a chem storage facility at the base there. Nothing much supposedly remnants of iran-Iraq war era.

Last edited by RedBull; 18 October 2015 at 22:42. Reason: spelling
Old 18 October 2015, 22:46
Confirmed User

The Urmiye test site is 3-6 clicks west of the lake.(look east of Urmiye in map, It's literally parallel to the city and between Urmiye and lake) Small contingent of 22nd Qods is stationed there. Supposed underground facility with two main entrances? I'll get grid coords tommorow hopefully) supposedly it's a storage/test site of the regime's icbm test missiles.
Old 18 October 2015, 22:53
Confirmed User

Samnan, Iran is currently where the bulk of the Iranian air force groups are stationed as well.
Old 26 October 2015, 09:40
Confirmed User

Sorry for the delay, my net is trash in the mountains and its been raining and snowing so I've been preoccupied with keeping my ass from freezing.

Coords for main Iranian artillery training: 31.941264, 51.821812
Also same base and area NW(coords for actual munitions and equipment bunkers: 31.968856, 51.749081 and 31.979222, 51.723796) where they store their munitions, including chemical munitions that they supposedly don't have(mainly mustard gas)21st Qods also has a detachment stationed here for security as well as a group nicknamed Taros that mainly deals with the Grad rockets.

Vacation house of the Ayatollah(funny thing is this was once one of the Shahs main houses he played communist dress up at). You can find the "supreme"leader here on some friday-sunday hosting orgies with his higher ups(the orgy part is a joke, but he does host frequent meetings with his circle there) 35.793567, 51.678593. South of it is the latyan dam which has a detachment unit for Grads and a QRF for the dam itself who are barracks just south of the dam 35.779821, 51.685099. There is also a AA unit here to, but no info on them or what they have as of yet near it(all the major dams in Iran have a Royal Guard/Qods force detachment and AA/grad missiles for defense/QRF).
Old 26 October 2015, 10:07
Confirmed User

In other news my newly acquired Iranian G3(was actually a week ago we "found" a bunch of them in Iran) I've tried to clean it up about the best I can,the metal stock was pitted, the cocking lever gap is far outside of the dime gap test(but the thing shoots like a nail driver)http://m.imgur.com/9p7nvhc,lq8RROH,s...vz6iGt,zOUhgNL
Old 26 October 2015, 10:47
Confirmed User

In news back to the kurdish parties, kurds engaged iranian regular forces in a ambush near sardasht. No WIA or KIA on kurds, unknown injuries on Iranian forces(was just a hit and run attack)
Komala has taken high ground(literally the top of a mountain) and is fortifying it inside of Iran. They were mortared and shelled earlier this week in another area while trying to take control of another range, no reported casualties.

Another kurdish group-Sazmani Xabat has publicly picked up arms again and has stated they will begin operations militarily by early spring and will not put down or stop the armed struggle until the regime is toppled and will use any means necessary to achieve the objective. The group has not had a strong military presence since the early-mid 90s. They were one of the last ones to stop military action against Iran in the mid 90s. This alone should be interesting as back when they were fighting they numbered around 10,000. If they can garner half of that amount, your looking at around 25,000 active and armed fighters between the top kurdish groups(excluding whatever pjaks numbers are)
The parties have also been smuggling arms,ammunition and explosives into Iran since early 2015. Reports from Komala and KDPI combined put the number of supporters with weapons and ammunition around 45,000 inside of Iran(the number is probably greatly inflated for propaganda, in reality it is probably around the mid teens to low 20,000 range for armed reserve inside of Iran. )

Theres been a couple attacks against shias in the khuzestan area, no pipeline bombings as of late. Nothing major yet, if they are able to get armed as well as the kurdish groups(if you call 1980s/1990s arms significant) I would assume they would do a lot more attacks, but they are quite limited due to equipment right now and their support for resistane is growing, but not at the rate that the baloch or kurds are. If they get their hands on the weaponry, it would be a lot worse(and not necessarily in a good way)

The baloch(southwest iran) are currently preoccupied still with pakistan and probably will be until pakistan stops militarily against them(doubtful to happen any time soon unless both sides get to the table and talk) Tensions are still quite high in the paki controlled baloch area, I'd expect a slow down this winter, although probably not as much as in the past.(the main issue for tensions is Pakistan's continued detention and military operations in the area)Depending on the baloch groups activity, it might make things flare up in the afghan border where their training camps are located(they have a couple actually inside of afghan territory in the mountain borders).
The good news out of it, is alot of the baloch groups blamed the taliban for the issue with the airstrike and the hospital, which further pushes them and the taliban further apart. The coalition should really look at bringing the pakis and the baloch to the table to help stabilize the afghan/pak border, since a lot of the baloch groups are heavily against the Taliban. And could push the groups who have ties with Al Qaeda further away/apart from them.

Last edited by RedBull; 26 October 2015 at 10:56.
Old 26 October 2015, 13:27
What could possibly go wrong?

Great sitrep
Old 26 October 2015, 14:14
Confirmed User

Can't edit now as its to late, but the main area of tension with baloch and pakistan is going to revolve around the gwadar transit hub area. its been a issue of contention for awhile and will continue to be until pakistan either stops the development or sits down to negotiations. expect it to get continuously mortared and rocketed until then. as well as workers working there being kidnapped and killed. Pakistan really fueled the fire by killing the only baloch able to stop the aggression and attacks (bugti) in 2006. By doing a missile strike(they literally took a page right out of americas playbook in 2006 on that one...and like some of americas UAV strike, it back fired massively and enflamed tensions)

The main reason being, is pakistan literally handed the area over to the chinese to develop into a port and has allowed/allowing iran to run a oil pipeline through it without consenting with the balochs(who are majority in the area) whos areas are literally the least developed in the pakistan area of control. It basically cut off all means of economic growth to the area by handing it over to a country outside of pakistan instead of pakistan developing the region itself. And the pakis/those involved have paid dearly, with bombings on construction crews,kidnappings, constant rocket and mortar attacks and well pretty much any means of destruction on the area in question. And it will continue to be a contention point until the balochs are brought in on the issue and given a voice or say over the issue. Pakistan is literally allowing another country to rape its minority area of its resources without having to put anything back into the area(hell most of the workers are not even baloch but chinese or labor sent in from other areas then the balochistan area...) economically it would be advantageous for the pakistan government to include the baloch in a roundtable discussion, and include them on profiting from the exploitation of the gwadar port, but honestly with the US continuously backing the pakistan military with weapons and training, what reason would the pakis have to give the balochs a voice(this argument seems one sided until you look up the actual issue of the gwadar area and the continued push to debalochinize the balochistan area with unskilled labor and major ethnic groups in general. Its literally the same thing saddam did with the kurds and arabization) Even after the development is finished(which won't be for awhile) the security of the area will be compromised until the balochs are actually included in talks of labor, economics and usage of the port/area in question.

PS i am not anti-american( I am american 100% I love my country) but when we continuously give weaponry and training to a country that marginalizes its minorities and their opinions(who are i might add, heavily armed, and heavily nationalistic) we indirectly create instability and in some cases even fuel extremism.

Last edited by RedBull; 26 October 2015 at 14:30.
Old 26 October 2015, 19:53
Confirmed User

^^^Good points, is there any indication that the Chinese may become involved or may be involved in the conflict? Looks like a whole 'nother powder keg that other less friendly factions might try to exploit.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 26 October 2015, 20:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by P304X4 View Post
^^^Good points, is there any indication that the Chinese may become involved or may be involved in the conflict? Looks like a whole 'nother powder keg that other less friendly factions might try to exploit.
As far as the pakistan baloch issue? it is doubtful, i think china is content with building the gwadar hub up and letting pakistan take the hits on the baloch groups. To be honest, the chinese dont exactly react the same way when their citizens are killed working in other countries like the western countries do.
They really have no reason to get involved, fighting separatist movements cost $ and they do it enough in china. Why get involved if the paks are willing to take the hits and continously finance the actions.
Now if they actually were worried a dialogue with the balochs would be a better thing to do then military action but thats doubtful.
I do not see china getting involved in the Iranian conflict with the kurds( I really do not see russia doing it either to be honest)
If Russia did get involved, unlike in the 70s-80-90s the amount of proxy arming of armies and support by countries in the ME is about 10x what it used to be. If russia ends up having a hard time rooting out the issues in syria, it will be even harder in the mountains against groups who have manpads and the ability to knock out CAS coverage for troop movements, as well as literally dug in and fortified positions. Its one of the main reasons Iran regardless of the situation in the border so far has not risked using their aircraft in the kurdish regions, even though they have the units stationed in nearby areas because of the manpads threat. They instead use their ground troops, grad and artillery to harass and limit movements.
Wars are no longer won on who takes the most ground, but who can withstand the economic and public opinion issues of sustained combat operations. And when you place a fully conventional army against a group who literally uses about 1/10000th of the cost as a regular unit, a prolonged conflict is one you will not win or atleast come out ontop.
I personally think russia is going to start to realize this in syria(maybe not right away but the further in they push and or the more casualties and equipment losses they take) the other issue is, with resistance movements, keeping local support alive and sustained is much easier then for a country such as russia keeping support going back home in russia when their sons and daughters come home in boxes and not fighting for their own territory but an ally that really no russian associates with. If the population loses the bloodlust/fortitude for war, a country can also not sustain combat.

So if there is a war the iranian allies have to overcome 2 main things or at least think about it before they get involved:
1:Economics
2:Public opinion
Old 4 May 2016, 20:40
Confirmed User

Haven't posted in awhile, been busy.

The Iranian kurd groups currently doing operations inside iran(PDKI-PAK)
Komala has been silent since jan 1 as far as operations.

The PDKI did a attack today(4may2016) against a Iranian military unit(near Sardasht) Iran ended up sending in helicopters to try and reinforce their troops. The kurds were unable to hit any of the helicopters(or atleast take one down) with small arms fire. Iranian news has not reported on it yet(some arabic sources have(AlArabiya- its in farsi FYI)
Casualties unconfirmed for Iran-Kurds 1 WIA

Another attack near Rabat today(04may2016) no details yet other then Iran has shelled a area(Meione mountain area to be exact) inside iran occupied by the kurdish group responsible(PDKI) Should be a press report coming out sometime in coming days on both operations along with casualties.

A Iranian IRGC commander(Alreza Shamsipoor) walked into a relayed minefield that one of the Iranian kurd groups put down near Mariwan killing him and injuring two others.

PAK(Parti Azadi Kurdistan) Attacked a Iranian military parade last week with RPG, Machineguns and rifles in the village of Sardasht. Destroyed two iranian transport vehicles. Unknown casualties for iranian troops. Kurds took 2 WIA.
Next day PAK attacked a Iranian military police barracks, throwing multiple grenades into the compound and used rifles to hit the guards on post. Uconfirmed casualties on iranian side. Kurds-took no injuries. There is a short video showing the initial attack on this one on the internet.

In a previous post I said iran had moved air assets towards the western side of Iran. They are now building a base in Bokan(outskirts of it) and there is a increase in military helicopter traffic along the border in the area(sardast-bokan is a hot bed for kurdish resistance) In response the parties are slowly positioning heavy weapons into the area(AA,heavy machineguns, and personnel)

There are also shia militias near kirkuk flying the iranian flag within their areas of operation on vehicles and fighting positions. Seems there is a rift growing with some of the PMFs and jostling for leadership as of late as well.
Old 4 May 2016, 20:53
Another pool cleaner

Thanks for the update.

Stay safe.
Old 5 May 2016, 16:56
Confirmed User

Rudaw English has covered the recent escalation. Believe Al Jazeera has too. Iranian state tv also released a statement.

For those who go and read it.

PDKI-is two parties with multiple branch offs in iran
PDKI-partiya democrati kurdistan Iran-Iranian militia is -PRK
PDKI-Partiya Democrati Iran Kurdistan-Branch off unit is EKPU
PAK=Partiya Azadi Kurdistan (free kurdistan party)-Branch off is HAK-R (HAK-R has increased its recruitment probably 10x in the last couple months. Posting fliers all over Kurdish cities with contact info on how to join etc etc.
Komalareally doesn't have a branch off. They don't really care to try to hide their operations behind a shell group.

In the EKPU battle, the Iranian troops staged in a valley with no cover and elevation on all sides. Not a smart move. They are extremely lucky the Kurdish militia didn't move dshka/heavy weapons or indirect into the area.

Sidenote: it seems the extremist baloch/Taliban groups in afgh/pak border are increasing their presence in the pak border and are attempting to recruit members from non-Islamic baloch groups and amongst disenfranchised baloch youth. They've used the Paki operations in gwadar and surrounding areas as a key recruitment issue.(one id the group's released a statement on it)
Old 7 May 2016, 20:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Thanks for the update.

Stay safe.
X2 Keep us informed as best you can.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 13 May 2016, 16:11
Confirmed User

PJAK has reared its head within Iranian kurdistan recently. No attacks yet, but are posting new photos of graffiti and assemblies within iran. I'm going to assume they will pick up activity to stay relevant due to the actions of the other Kurdish parties. It'll probably be something big as well.
On a side note, coalition forces are either knowingly or inadvertently training and arming Rohjalat peshmerga. Which depending on how you see it, could be good or bad. You can be assured they are taking what they are being taught back to their training camps and implementing it into their training regiments and are smuggling the equipment,weaponry and ammo into the Iranian Kurdish areas. While on a small scale as of right now, the west is literally contributing inadvertently to further instability. Personally I don't think the coalition is doing it on purpose (if they aren't it just shows how piss poor the understanding of groups here is)
Old 14 June 2016, 15:59
Confirmed User

PJAK was hit in a ambush attack near sardasht recently. 6 confirmed killed,unknown wounded, no release on if any iranians were KIA or WIA.

Jaish al Adal(offshoot of HAI/Jundallah) has officially relaunched its war on iran this week with attacks in sistan and balochistan provinces of iranian military posts near the pak border. I am going to reckon a guess that they will continue the bloodshed through ramadan then go silent for a bit.

They have officially released a statement claiming that they have dropped the islamist ideology and are now strictly separatist/nationalist and are in no way affiliated with any islamist militias in pakistan or iran. Which is nothing new, but in the past they were thought to associate with various sunni groups launching attacks on shia so its a 180 from their previous stance if they follow through with it.

Our new posting rules