Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 27 December 2016, 19:45
BTDT

This is my newest, we call it the 19/26 PC (ported carry). Had a magazine extension permanently affixed to a G26 which has been compensated. End result is a G19 sized frame with the G26 slide. Why you ask?

Why not?
20161209_113008.jpg
Old 27 December 2016, 21:35
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
That's a very nice pistol.

I view Glocks as a tool. I do not modify any of them. I like the idea of teaching myself to shoot the gun as it exists, and being able to do so with any G17/19/26 that I come across. If I am used to only shooting my modified pistol, I believe it would be difficult for me to pick up any other gun and shoot it well.
Old 27 December 2016, 21:58
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
That's a very nice pistol.

I view Glocks as a tool. I do not modify any of them. I like the idea of teaching myself to shoot the gun as it exists, and being able to do so with any G17/19/26 that I come across. If I am used to only shooting my modified pistol, I believe it would be difficult for me to pick up any other gun and shoot it well.
Most of my other 8-10 Glocks are stock. I change the sights and that's about it. I just experimented with this one as the finger grooves were so fucked. I only paid $200 for the pistol, The magwell is a $35 no name part from GlockTalk. Tru Glo TFO sights. I did the stippling my self. Even with the cost of the XC-1, I don't have but about $500 into this pistol.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 27 December 2016 at 22:08.
Old 27 December 2016, 22:05
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
I know you are old and wise. (Kind of like the Socnet Yoda) But you are the only person I have ever seen that shoots a 45 GAP. Gavin thinks it's because you've gone senile.
I met R Lee Ermy in the Houston Airport. We bullshitted about service and I asked him "Whats up with this 45 GAP?" He looks me in the eye and says "Best godamn pistol cartridge made!" I said Gunny that sounds like commercial. He retorts, :Gawdamn Daiwi, you can afford it, Hell they can be had for under $400. Don't be a fucking cheapskate!" I bought my first one, a Gen 3 G 37 and 200 rds for $300.

Soft shooting, 45 ACP ballistics, Small Glock frame and gavin is as ghey as french waiter.

I bought 2 cases of Speer DGHP ammo to carry and I reload for it like a fat lady eating snickers bars. I own every model Glock makes Gen 3 and 4 G 37 and Gen 3 G 38 and G 39. I love 'em..
Old 27 December 2016, 22:27
Confirmed User

The only Glock I own anymore is a gen 4 19 with meprolight Tru dots. I had a 17 with a stippled grip, agency arms trigger, trijicon sights and had the frame milled for a Trijicon rmr06. Dumped so much money into it, and it still wasn't that great. Ended up selling it and mounting the rmr on a rifle.
My opinion, for the little that it's worth, is why buy a roughly $500 Glock that has a subpar grip, subpar trigger, and crap plastic sights, when for about the same price you can get an HK vp9 or a Sig 320, both of which come with good triggers, good grips, and decent sights. Alot of guys are issued Glocks and I understand that and spend alot of range time with one, but given the choice I would not carry one, too many better options for the money.

Edit: If you're dead set on getting millwork/stippling done, I had Suarez International do my RMR cut, as they kinda helped pioneer red dots on Glocks. Dudes have some huge egos though, so idk if you wanna deal with them. I've spent a lot of trigger time behind a Glock 19 that was all gucci'd out by Fire 4 Effect, millwork, stippling and cerakote. Very well done. Have heard good things about Way of the Gun but have no firsthand experience with them.

Last edited by Cruiserweight; 27 December 2016 at 22:35.
Old 27 December 2016, 23:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserweight View Post

Edit: If you're dead set on getting millwork/stippling done, I had Suarez International do my RMR cut, as they kinda helped pioneer red dots on Glocks. Dudes have some huge egos though, so idk if you wanna deal with them. I've spent a lot of trigger time behind a Glock 19 that was all gucci'd out by Fire 4 Effect, millwork, stippling and cerakote. Very well done. Have heard good things about Way of the Gun but have no firsthand experience with them.

Good friend of mine bought a complete Suarez slide, thing has given him so many issues that after two years, at least one trip back to Suarez and bunch of phone calls he is just cutting his loses on it.
Old 28 December 2016, 00:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
I know you are old and wise. (Kind of like the Socnet Yoda) But you are the only person I have ever seen that shoots a 45 GAP. Gavin thinks it's because you've gone senile.
Nah, I know he's gone senile since he forgets major obstacles in his basement between the freezer and the stairs. He likes the .45 GAP because it's, well, special and unique, not common and pedestrian. TFG would never drive a Ford, he prefers his Reliant Robin. Doesn't drink Coke, only Tab. Never wears long pants, just shorts with leg warmers. As my grandpappy used to say, "It takes all kinds..."
Old 28 December 2016, 01:29
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Nah, I know he's gone senile since he forgets major obstacles in his basement between the freezer and the stairs. He likes the .45 GAP because it's, well, special and unique, not common and pedestrian. TFG would never drive a Ford, he prefers his Reliant Robin. Doesn't drink Coke, only Tab. Never wears long pants, just shorts with leg warmers. As my grandpappy used to say, "It takes all kinds..."
And he carries the world's worst backpacks and then gets into pissing contests with third world customs guys in first world countries.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 28 December 2016, 01:31
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Agreed. I've been looking to make at least one Glock pistol ready for a RMR so it seems to make sense to just buy a slide already tricked out than have mine machined.
Ever since I shot the RMR I've been sold. But I'd rather just get the gun done at once, have all the stuff completed and then never have to worry about it again!

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 28 December 2016, 08:59
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
And he carries the world's worst backpacks and then gets into pissing contests with third world customs guys in first world countries.
And knocks elderly women to the ground at cemeteries...
Old 28 December 2016, 16:25
The Sagacious One

Quote:
gavin is spelled with a lower case "g". Its part of his inferior man complex that we don't talk about.

Quote:
I told you the house shifted......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
That fucking haji was definitely a tango and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
And knocks elderly women to the ground at cemeteries...
Sigh, First, you tripped, I didn't knock anything. I told you that referring to your feminine side in the third person, doesn't make it so.

So... SOCNETters, we bring to a close the 2016 season of "Padding my Fragile Ego by mocking my Vision of Strength"

I am always at the disposal of my Brothers to help them manage their big watches and little pe.. Well, you know, lest I digress.

OK, so if you guys are going to sleep in the big boy bed tonight so you can get to sleep, boogeyman free, you all have to promise not to pee the bed, again.

Here is My G 41 with the Trijicon battery free RMR.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 28 December 2016 at 16:30.
Old 28 December 2016, 16:49
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Most of my other 8-10 Glocks are stock. I change the sights and that's about it. I just experimented with this one as the finger grooves were so fucked. I only paid $200 for the pistol, The magwell is a $35 no name part from GlockTalk. Tru Glo TFO sights. I did the stippling my self. Even with the cost of the XC-1, I don't have but about $500 into this pistol.
And it looks good.

I have nothing against modifying pistols to include Glocks, I am just explaining why I don't do so. I only wish I had the money for things such as this.
Old 28 December 2016, 16:50
Been There Done That

Truly extraordinary. TFG has a pistol in a chambering we have actually heard of, and it is not a Kimber.
Old 28 December 2016, 20:15

My IDPA/USPSA Glock 34 has the Vogel trigger because it slightly lightens and shortens the trigger pull and really cleans it up. However, it's most useful due to its ability to shorten the reset and allow for a quicker double taps. I upgraded sights and after three or four sets, I've finally settled on the Taran Tactical sight set.

I have never had an issue with the factory checkering being inadequate and have shot many of matches in the rain. HOWEVER, I can't comment on other conditions and view stippling as a personal preference thing as well. What works for me might not work for someone else and vice a versa. I would suggest trying a Glock 34 as it already has a factory lightened slide, better mag release, and wide slide release. With a nice trigger it may replicate what you experienced with your friends setup but cost a lot less.
Old 28 December 2016, 20:39
FIDO

Quote:
Here is My G 41 with the Trijicon battery free RMR.
Why no pictures of your new VP9? GPC said you were buying one.
Old 28 December 2016, 20:41
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
And it looks good.

I have nothing against modifying pistols to include Glocks, I am just explaining why I don't do so. I only wish I had the money for things such as this.
The problem with shooting a tricked out glock is afterward you want to trick your YOUR glock. I can't see putting $500 into a $500 pistol.

I would like to learn to do the work myself. I might have to go to the TFG school of all things Glock.
Old 28 December 2016, 21:08
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Truly extraordinary. TFG has a pistol in a chambering we have actually heard of, and it is not a Kimber.
I am literally full of amazementness.
Old 28 December 2016, 21:18
The Sagacious One

The only pistol I spent more than a few hundred bucks on was the Glock 40 and 41 MOS models and that's because the sights are just expensive. I am a 100% impulse buyer and if its not an absolute necessity, Ill shoot the damn thing stock. Both of my G 37's, not one thing done to them other than load, hang a picture of SB in his yoga pants and fire. Mostly, I replace the sights with Tru Glo TFO's or TFX Pro's. I have a G 21SF that has an aftermarket skimmer trigger. They run about $200+, but I found an installed but never fired one for sale online and chimped the guy down to $95. My guns are tools and I use them hard, if they get dinged up, I am not really too upset about it. My safe would make most of you cringe.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 29 December 2016 at 10:25. Reason: m
Old 28 December 2016, 21:25
The Sagacious One

Quote:
The problem with shooting a tricked out glock is afterward you want to trick your YOUR glock. I can't see putting $500 into a $500 pistol.

I would like to learn to do the work myself. I might have to go to the TFG school of all things Glock.
The most expensive part on a Glock that you could fuck up is the barrel and they are about $50-$60 bucks. If you melt through the frame, just patch it with JB weld. If I am melting or grinding, I try to practice first. I called my business partner who was a primary Instr at Thunder Ranch for 10 years about a Kimber Ultra Super Carry. The slide lock was being engaged by 230 grn bullets. He said, just pull it out and file it down. After some back and forth and mutual questioning of each other's manhood. I pulled it out and filed it down til it worked.

Its just stuff, your stuff. Make it how you want it. I painted my Benelli M4 with USMC Desert camo pattern a flat grey with Krylon. My LGS owner said "Do you know what you just did?" I said yea, I got rid of that ridiculous banana pudding stain on my shotgun.
Old 28 December 2016, 22:17
Not a ninja...

I'm with TFG... (Not like his or anything.. I know I need to clarify around here. You know Prison Love and all!) But that is one of my favorite things about Glocks.. the relative cheapness and that makes it easy for me to try my hand at customization.. For my G34 I now have a Lone Wolf over travel stop. I polished with flitz and a dremel all of the trigger sear surfaces and any part that rubs against another during trigger travel. Stainless guide rod, Dawson Precision Fiber Optic, with Flat Black rear (wide notch, skinny front sight), slightly beveled the interior of the mag well (dremel), stippled parts of the grip and the front left pad for my support thumb (soldering iron), and at easily 6K + rounds on it.. (not a lot.. but they do seem to shoot better with age..)

There are better trigger options out there than my job, but it didn't cost much and was fun and educational and works pretty well.

I haven't owned, but did get to handle a Mod 1 Firearms tricked out Glock... pretty sweet. Also Taran Tactical.. But mine is... mine.

Our new posting rules