Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 3 January 2017, 18:50
Been There Done That

Every time I open this thread, I'm reminded of another that turned into a yuge ball busting session for one of our non-serving, but loyal members:

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=1...l+custom+glock

Don't get me wrong, he deserved it. This thread just reminds me of it is all.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 4 January 2017, 10:41
Not a ninja...

Ok.. kind of awesome.. And the only reason he uses the metal guide rod is.... well a situation that should never normally happen.. I would think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4OswUhLwo
Old 4 January 2017, 20:27
Confirmed User

Here is my G23 customized by Mod1 - custom trigger, trigger guard undercut, rounded trigger guard and stippling

I decided I wanted to convert to a G19 so I changed out the slide, barrel and a few other parts. Runs great and I carry it everyday. It kind of looks crappy now but it's a great carry gun.

This G20 will be my backcountry carry gun. Haley skimmer, Ameriglo sights, KKM barrel and wolff spring with tungsten guide rod. I like these brooks a-grip decal grips. They provide a solid grip in all conditions and it's not abrasive when smushed against my side

Old 4 January 2017, 20:47
Been There Done That

Nice Gunk. Like the undercut trigger guard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 4 January 2017, 22:30
Darwin Award Presenter

Diggin the stippling and front serrations.
Old 6 January 2017, 10:17
Authorized Personnel

Gunk your stuff always looks PIMP. I mean that in a good way. Just stellar.

Whats the trip with the rounded trigger guard? feel? Looks? Just curious.
Old 6 January 2017, 12:58
Corpsman Up!

Lone Wolf Ultimate Adjustable Trigger, Polished Trigger Bar, LWD 3.5lb Connector, Springs, Ultimate Trigger Stop, Tango Down Vickers Mag Plates, Tango Down Vickers Mag Release, Tango Down Vickers Oversized Slide Release, Ameriglo Ghost Ring Tritium Night Sights.

I LOVE this pistol, the trigger is amazing, extremely accurate. I did all the work myself. By far my favorite carry option.
Old 7 January 2017, 17:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
I saw one and I liked the way it looked. I don't hook my finger up there so no problem.
Old 7 January 2017, 21:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post

It puts your support hand just a little bit higher on the gun, it's one thing that is taking me a bit to get use to on my WOTG Glock.
Old 16 January 2017, 18:09
Confirmed User

Glock 21

This is my Glock that is light and handy I had most of the done but its still a Glock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G21.JPG (110.7 KB, 291 views)
Old 16 January 2017, 19:40
Firearms Industry Exile

MixedLoad,

I sent SB a PM a while back offering this for any established members as a way to give back to the community.

I'll be happy to do a stippling job, trigger bar/spring polish and lightening, and if you have night sights I'll install them. Can't do much for your slide but that's not something I'm big on anyway.

If you're interested send me a PM. Same goes for anyone interested. I'm not asking for any money to do it, if you'll cover shipping and donate to the site that's enough for me.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 16 January 2017, 20:04
Calculating Infinity...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
MixedLoad,

I sent SB a PM a while back offering this for any established members as a way to give back to the community.

I'll be happy to do a stippling job, trigger bar/spring polish and lightening, and if you have night sights I'll install them. Can't do much for your slide but that's not something I'm big on anyway.

If you're interested send me a PM. Same goes for anyone interested. I'm not asking for any money to do it, if you'll cover shipping and donate to the site that's enough for me.
That's a helluva offer bro, you da man!
Old 16 January 2017, 22:47
Firearms Industry Exile

Do what I can, and look damn good when I do it. My avatar picture is me. Wicked hawt.

You know my info bro, if I haven't already extended the offer, naturally it goes for you as well. Just text me.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 17 January 2017, 05:05
Newbie shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Every time I open this thread, I'm reminded of another that turned into a yuge ball busting session for one of our non-serving, but loyal members:

Lmao. At least I'm not the only one thinking they were pretty close.

*Sigh*

I really do love it here though...

Last edited by Local; 17 January 2017 at 05:16.
Old 18 January 2017, 17:33
Confirmed User

Only thing I changed so far was the sight on my G17 to TruGlo TFO. Lots of new sight options since then and my tritium has passed at least half its half-life.

New options allow faster aiming via red-dot or one-piece low profile like this one:

Anyone compared the two or have made other fancy sight changes?
Old 21 January 2017, 07:29
Firearms Industry Exile

Those one-piece sight assemblies are gimmicky as a Santa suit for dick pics. About as useful in any real sense as well. Personally, I want my FS and my RS to be as far the fuck away from each other as possible. Because...well because that's how sights work.

Right now I've been trying different colors of tritium that work best for me. I settled on a green front sight and yellow/amber rear sights. The other way around didn't work as well, however the green FS dot is faster to pick up and thus, faster to focus on. The yellow dots are subtle enough that your eyes naturally center the green dot in the front without having to really focus on it or make a conscious effort.

Of course I've run into another problem now. Winter months are great for daily low light training, because in New England it's dark for about 19 hours a day. I carry with a TLR-1 mounted all the time because I want to be able to confirm I need to shoot in a defensive situation. But shooting with the light on washes out the tritium and I'm basically centering one square between two other squares, and covering the target with my new uni-square. It works but it's not perfect.

The real answer is to shoot the way many of us were taught when using a light, identifying the threat, and engaging without the light while moving. However, in a typical self defense situation, I don't know that I want to be "closing with". Of course I'm nitpicking here for no reason, I guess I should go and find other ways to challenge my shooting that actually matter.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 21 January 2017, 07:36
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post

Good gawd damn. That's not a pimp gun. That's the gun you find on a dead wannabe pimp, because the real OG pimp that shot him didn't want it. You'll see flesh-peddlin' street pimps go back to whistle pipes and curb feelers before they'll disrespect themselves in such a degrading fashion.

Keep up the training Local, work your fundamentals every day. That'll make you a better shooter by far, with more applicable consistency on any handgun, and you won't only be able to use the gun that John Gotti threw up before he died.

If you get a good pair of those old school stripper heels...something real tacky like ones with goldfish living in the platforms...maybe you can audition to be a Bond Girl?

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 22 January 2017, 10:14
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
Good gawd damn. That's not a pimp gun. That's the gun you find on a dead wannabe pimp, because the real OG pimp that shot him didn't want it. You'll see flesh-peddlin' street pimps go back to whistle pipes and curb feelers before they'll disrespect themselves in such a degrading fashion.

Keep up the training Local, work your fundamentals every day. That'll make you a better shooter by far, with more applicable consistency on any handgun, and you won't only be able to use the gun that John Gotti threw up before he died.

If you get a good pair of those old school stripper heels...something real tacky like ones with goldfish living in the platforms...maybe you can audition to be a Bond Girl?
That really contributed.
Old 23 January 2017, 00:16
Violent Social Worker

So far two of my buddies have Roland Specials. I'm trying to talk myself out of a $2500 Glock...
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 23 January 2017, 00:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
So far two of my buddies have Roland Specials. I'm trying to talk myself out of a $2500 Glock...
Don't do it.....
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister

Our new posting rules