Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 23 January 2017, 01:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
So far two of my buddies have Roland Specials. I'm trying to talk myself out of a $2500 Glock...
I have most of a Roland Special and it didn't cost me $2500. G17 MOS with RMR, Dawson Precision sights and a S3F threaded barrel. No KKM comp cuz I have an AAC can on it.
Old 23 January 2017, 01:52
Violent Social Worker

I doubt I'd get all the slide cuts and the compensator doesn't seem to do much. I have other priorities but I do see a tricked out stippled Glock in my future.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 24 January 2017, 04:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
I carry with a TLR-1 mounted all the time because I want to be able to confirm I need to shoot in a defensive situation. But shooting with the light on washes out the tritium and I'm basically centering one square between two other squares, and covering the target with my new uni-square. It works but it's not perfect.
Have you tried the TLR's with lasers?
Did you rule out red dots?

My tritium is dim indoors now and the fiber optic is not that bright unless under direct sun. I also got the green front and yellow rear. Same brightness and color on glowing sights looks distracting as the rears are closer to your eyes.

Checking my Safariland holster, it won't fit wider sights
Old 21 February 2017, 23:27
Been There Done That

Just got this Gen3 G26 back from Damato's Custom Stippling. Awesome. I highly recommend his work. Fast turnaround and great work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Damato Stippling Compressed.jpg (43.2 KB, 359 views)
Old 22 February 2017, 19:08
Been There Done That

Good looking piece. Love the Glock.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 14 May 2017, 11:48
Confirmed User

Saw this stippling the other day and thought it looked pretty good, I'll have to check it out in person when I get a chance

http://www.molonlabeengraving.com/en...stippling.html
Old 14 May 2017, 11:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Saw this stippling the other day and thought it looked pretty good, I'll have to check it out in person when I get a chance...
His products look...okay...but...I can't take anyone seriously if they employ "molon labe" in communication or naming convention. Maybe I am just not enough of a tactical operator...
Old 14 May 2017, 20:46
Newbie shooter

I did the stippling on my pistol with a soldering iron and some YouTube videos. If you go slow and draw out your areas with pencil first it's really easy.

Making it look good is in the finishing. You need at least two different grit sand papers, a wooden dowel for the corners...

The point is I can't believe what some people charge for stippling and shaping these days. Plus if you do it yourself you can make it fit your hand perfectly.

- Local
Old 16 June 2017, 10:29
Midgetologist

So has anyone had the chance to run a SAI, Agency Arms etc. modified Glock or other make?
How did it shoot? any malfunctions etc?
Old 16 June 2017, 13:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
So has anyone had the chance to run a SAI, Agency Arms etc. modified Glock or other make?
How did it shoot? any malfunctions etc?
I have a full house, custom G26 from Zev Technologies. Had the slide milled, then added every part they make for a G26, plus stippling and double undercut. Fiber optic front sight as well.

Added a KKM Precision threaded barrel myself, as Zev doesn't do them for a G26. Had one or two malfunctions after I added the barrel, but after 500 rounds or so break in, it's been flawless.

I used it during the entirety of our High Threat In-Service course, instead of an issue Sig or G19. With the G26, I shot perfect scores on every qual and finished as the runner up in a steel challenge.

I like it so much that I'm sending my G19 off for the full treatment, plus RMR.
Old 16 June 2017, 15:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotor Strike please View Post
I have a full house, custom G26 from Zev Technologies. Had the slide milled, then added every part they make for a G26, plus stippling and double undercut. Fiber optic front sight as well.

Added a KKM Precision threaded barrel myself, as Zev doesn't do them for a G26. Had one or two malfunctions after I added the barrel, but after 500 rounds or so break in, it's been flawless.

I used it during the entirety of our High Threat In-Service course, instead of an issue Sig or G19. With the G26, I shot perfect scores on every qual and finished as the runner up in a steel challenge.

Total Cost?
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 16 June 2017, 16:33
Send it....

Had both my G19 and G17 stippled, changed out the sights and mod the trigger with a 3.5 lb connector from zev for both. I added the magwells as well. No complaints here at all. I shoot USPSA with both and they shoot well. Both also have SilencerCo threaded barrels. These were all small mods with the barrels being the most expensive parts.
Old 16 June 2017, 18:50
Violent Social Worker

The only thing that keeps me from doing it with a G26 is the lack of light mounting options.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 16 June 2017, 19:57
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Total Cost?
Local will do it for free.

That is a good sign if folks feel they got their money's worth. I can't remember which board. Someone had posted SAI sent Glocks to a SMU and they were returned in pieces lol. Don't know if it is true or not?
Old 16 June 2017, 20:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Just got this Gen3 G26 back from Damato's Custom Stippling. Awesome. I highly recommend his work. Fast turnaround and great work.
I do like the more pronounced undercut of the trigger. About the only modification frame wise I could see doing to my Glocks.

Have been looking at Flat Trigger, one without reducing the trigger pull weight though. And need to get new front sight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16 June 2017, 22:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I do like the more pronounced undercut of the trigger. About the only modification frame wise I could see doing to my Glocks.

Have been looking at Flat Trigger, one without reducing the trigger pull weight though. And need to get new front sight.
When I was shooting Glocks, I researched the shit out of flat triggers. This seemed like the only one that kept all the safety features intact and would pass any kind of drop test.

http://overwatchprecision.com/dat/

It shot nice but I switched to CZs a few months after getting it.
Old 16 June 2017, 22:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post
When I was shooting Glocks, I researched the shit out of flat triggers. This seemed like the only one that kept all the safety features intact and would pass any kind of drop test.

http://overwatchprecision.com/dat/

It shot nice but I switched to CZs a few months after getting it.
Yep, that is the one I have been looking at, as have read good reviews as well on it. And you like you said, still passed the drop/safety tests. Plus, I do have to admit, the gold trigger looks pretty cool. Looking at getting one for my Glock 21.

Old 16 June 2017, 22:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotor Strike please View Post

My brother is in the same agency as you, and he also prefers to shoot and carry his authorized backup gun, the G26, over his issue SIG. Though his is stock.

Old 16 June 2017, 23:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Someone had posted SAI sent Glocks to a SMU and they were returned in pieces lol. Don't know if it is true or not?
Sounds entirely plausible, however, also not necessarily indicative of an issue.

Many of the "high end" shops are performing metal work on factory slides which weakens the parts, or making their own in-house slides with a lot more "finishing" machine work than a stock slide. Not an issue for the casual shooter, or for a carry weapon that doesn't put a lot of rounds into the berm, but not good for rough handling or high round counts.

I'm a gun geek. I have "project" Glocks and carry Glocks. I don't put a lot of rounds through the project guns.
Old 17 June 2017, 04:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Total Cost?
As I already owned the G26, the work done by Zev ran me around $550. KKM barrel was $250.

It wasn't inexpensive by any reasonable standard, but I'm still super happy with the results.

Our new posting rules