Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 April 2017, 16:42
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
I just used some adhesive spray for the hood liner in my car...that stuff is pretty sticky and you can't see it...Id bet on some aerosal spray

It was still thought out better than the Yankees Pineda putting pine tar on his neck

As a life long Yankee fan...that was pretty embarrassing

So, do you prefer Super 77 or the newer better Super 90. I happen to have both in the storage closet... :D
Old 7 April 2017, 17:08
Confirmed User

This stuff is pretty sticky and takes awhile to dry....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3m.jpg (24.5 KB, 111 views)
Old 8 April 2017, 03:27
Livin' On Blues Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
That's funny I used to catch. I think my last year was the summer before I turned 13. We hadn't started any think like that. What age were you?
I played on a traveling team when I was 16 and 17. We played American Legion teams, college teams and teams of ringers in tournements from towns around the midwest. It was good ball, 4 of our pitchers got drafted. I hurt my arm and never got my speed or movement on my fastball back. I ended up getting drafted into junior B hockey which was my passion. It was a fun as a kid traveling all over the country playing ball.
Old 11 April 2017, 15:27
Livin' On Blues Power

Well shit and fall back in it, that was a sight i thought i'd never see. The cubs raising a WS banner.

Isn't this one of the signs in the bible that the end is near?
Old 11 April 2017, 19:20
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

The only thing better than the Cubs raising the banner and winning their home opener with a walk off single was hearing that the Cards got blasted by the Nationals, 14-6.
Old 11 April 2017, 19:30
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
The only thing better than the Cubs raising the banner and winning their home opener with a walk off single was hearing that the Cards got blasted by the Nationals, 14-6.
And today is another day... only another 155 to go.
Old 11 April 2017, 19:34
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
I played on a traveling team when I was 16 and 17. We played American Legion teams, college teams and teams of ringers in tournements from towns around the midwest. It was good ball, 4 of our pitchers got drafted. I hurt my arm and never got my speed or movement on my fastball back. I ended up getting drafted into junior B hockey which was my passion. It was a fun as a kid traveling all over the country playing ball.
Very nice.

My claim to fame was winning a MO State Championship in '79, we were 9-10 yo. Look up Robert Person, I caught him in his earliest years.
Old 13 April 2017, 19:13

Damn rings they presented to the Cubs last night should have their own zip code, they're huge.

If they catapulted one of them into the air, it would show up on radar as its own blip. I guess when you haven't won the WS in 108 years you have to go over the top, but they probably should put some restrictions on players wearing them during the season, they might tear a muscle simply lifting their hand up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/s...ings.html?_r=0

A lot of symbolism in these rings, including 108 diamonds (hence, the size) and the number of them the Cubs had made, 1908, to be given out to people throughout the organization. 1908 of course being the last year they won the World Series.

Although I'm still trying to figure out why the put a goat image on the inside of the ring, seems kind of stupid to me, considering everybody on the team has spent the last several years dismissing "the curse".

Check out Theo, counting to make sure there are indeed 108 diamonds on the thing.

Last edited by Spinner; 13 April 2017 at 19:30.
Old 18 April 2017, 07:23
Confirmed User

YANKS 8 in a row!

I like these 'Baby Bombers'....fans been cryin' for a youth movement for years now....and some of the top players are out (Sanchez, Gregorious)

Whaddya think Shadow?
Old 18 April 2017, 07:56
Problem Solver

Quote:

YANKS 8 in a row!

I like these 'Baby Bombers'....fans been cryin' for a youth movement for years now....and some of the top players are out (Sanchez, Gregorious)

Whaddya think Shadow?
9-4 record overall, 7-0 at home, swept the Cards and the Rays, tied for first in the East and as you've already noted, the winning streak's currently at 8 games...these youngsters are getting it done in a big way! It's still early but I have faith that Girardi can keep it together going forward in this last year of his contract. If we can stay healthy and avoid key injuries, I see an AL East pennant and a return to the post-season in our future.

GO YANKEES!!!

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 18 April 2017, 12:44
Confirmed User

Getting back into BB after a long time not really caring. After my first deployment fell into depression and didn't care about anything anymore. After moving to Ohio as a rlteen I used to stay up on school nights and watch the Yanks play until late. Looking like a good season so far. Had or get rid of the legacy timers! Go Yankees
Old 18 April 2017, 14:46
Confirmed User

^^I've always enjoyed listening to baseball on the radio while going about my business...as a kid I'd have the radio on late at night in my room listening to the Yankees games...I guess it takes us back to a simpler happier time...

That's AM radio for you young whippersnappers
Old 18 April 2017, 15:46
RIP Cass and SOTB

The Braves have a brand new stadium, I guess we got that going for us.
Old 19 April 2017, 20:50
The atomic zit

Good to see the Cards remember how to use a broom...
Old 21 April 2017, 21:43
The atomic zit

Here's a rule that is new to me:

http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/articl...-causes-delay/

Excessive movement and standing in the wrong spot...

Is this the new balk?
Old 22 April 2017, 14:09

I don't think that's a new rule, although I can't recall seeing it applied or enforced before.

With all of the various defensive shifts being employed these days, you might see it cited more often.
Old 22 April 2017, 15:16
The atomic zit

I guess I am old school.

Throw it, hit it, catch it. The rest is a bunch of mess...

Expect for, "block the plate" or "run through the man".
Old 6 May 2017, 14:17
Confirmed User

The Yankee's Aaron Judge is a beast. 6'7, 250 lbs....plays a very good right field with a canon for an arm. 333 BA, got more home runs (13) in his first 26 games as a Yankee than Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle.

Watched the game at Wrigley yesterday when they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat....I like this club!

Go Yanks!!
Old 6 May 2017, 16:34
Problem Solver

Quote:

The Yankee's Aaron Judge is a beast. 6'7, 250 lbs....plays a very good right field with a canon for an arm. 333 BA, got more home runs (13) in his first 26 games as a Yankee than Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle.

Watched the game at Wrigley yesterday when they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat....I like this club!...
Minor correction: Judge weighs in at 282.

Anyway, with the Yankees down to their last strike, Gardner came through big-time with that 3-run blast, then Chapman came in and pitched a nearly flawless close to stun the 40,000+ Cubs fans in attendance. Awesome fucking finish; I was jumping around my living room like a lunatic.

It's still early but if we stay healthy and keep it together, this just might be the season we put #28 in the trophy case.

GO YANKEES!!!

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 6 May 2017, 17:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Minor correction: Judge weighs in at 282. GO YANKEES!!!

You know my son told me he was 280....after watching him in the field and running the bases I didn't believe it...that makes him more unbelievable.

The way they won that game yesterday is a good sign. Gotta stay healthy and as always...it comes down to pitching.

GO YANKEES!!!

Our new posting rules