Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 May 2017, 22:30
Confirmed User

19Mike/Shadow,

These guys remind me of the '94/'95/'96 Yanks! So much fun to watch, I mean wow!!

Ellsbury just went deep after 7 STRONG innings from Severino. Who was still lighting up the radar gun at 98/99 mph. Another big day from Judge too!

I can't wait to watch Betances/Chapman smoke the defending World Series champs. Break out the brooms baby!!!
Old 8 May 2017, 07:55
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwood914 View Post

19Mike/Shadow,

These guys remind me of the '94/'95/'96 Yanks! So much fun to watch, I mean wow!!

Ellsbury just went deep after 7 STRONG innings from Severino. Who was still lighting up the radar gun at 98/99 mph. Another big day from Judge too!

I can't wait to watch Betances/Chapman smoke the defending World Series champs. Break out the brooms baby!!!
Well, Chapman blew the save in the 9th but the Baby Bombers finally came through on Monday morning after 6+ hours and 18 innings to win 5-4 and complete the sweep. The game featured a record-breaking 48 strikeouts, 26 of which were thrown by Yankees pitchers.

After a marathon like that, how cool would it be if we could go into Cincy and win tonight?

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 8 May 2017, 09:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well, Chapman blew the save in the 9th but the Baby Bombers finally came through on Monday morning after 6+ hours and 18 innings to win 5-4 and complete the sweep. The game featured a record-breaking 48 strikeouts, 26 of which were thrown by Yankees pitchers.

After a marathon like that, how cool would it be if we could go into Cincy and win tonight?
Yeah I thought i almost jinxed that one!!

Watch out Cincy! Let's go Yanks!
Old 8 May 2017, 13:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
That would be something...it's pretty tough for any MLB team to win on a travel day. It always comes down to pitching though. Hopefully the Yanks were smart and sent Tanaka there yesterday so that he's rested.
Old 8 May 2017, 14:08
Problem Solver

Thumbs up

^ & ^^

Don't forget to watch the pre-game this Sunday against the Astros; the Bombers are retiring Jeter's #2 and unveiling his plaque in Monument Park. After that, the next stop for The Captain is Cooperstown...

Old 8 May 2017, 15:56
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
19Mike/Shadow,

I'd suggest the Yankees hold off on planning their parade and getting fitted for their rings just yet.
Old 8 May 2017, 16:03
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

I'd suggest the Yankees hold off on planning their parade and getting fitted for their rings just yet.
Haters gonna hate.

Old 8 May 2017, 22:41
Problem Solver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post

That would be something...it's pretty tough for any MLB team to win on a travel day. It always comes down to pitching though. Hopefully the Yanks were smart and sent Tanaka there yesterday so that he's rested.
"Start spreadin' the news...!"

Old 9 May 2017, 06:23
Confirmed User

^^^

They might not ever lose again this year!...well maybe one game...possibly two..... but that's it, no more that two losses.

Get the parade ready...order the rings!!

Old 9 May 2017, 13:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
No need to plan, our celebratory ticker tape parades down the Canyon of Heroes is tried and true. We'll leave the planning to those that win it once every 100 years!!!

Last edited by NYwood914; 9 May 2017 at 13:51. Reason: Capitalization
Old 9 May 2017, 17:39

Quote:
No need to plan, our celebratory ticker tape parades down the Canyon of Heroes is tried and true. We'll leave the planning to those that win it once every 100 years!!!
108 years.

What I'd look forward to is a Red Sox/Cubs WS, that would be pretty cool. I also wouldn't mind a subway series coming to town.

At least both teams would be well rested.
Old 9 May 2017, 18:38
The atomic zit

Still trying to figure out my Cards got into first at 17-14 in the NL Central...

I know it's early, but at least they are winning home and away.
Old 14 May 2017, 19:39
Problem Solver

Congratulations, Captain.

Thanks for the memories and for playing the game the way it's supposed to be played...

Old 14 May 2017, 19:49
Authorized Personnel

Not much of a Yankees fan, but ya gotta love the way Jeter did it.
Old 15 May 2017, 14:39
Confirmed User

Last nights ceremony was a nice moment to share with my son...he said he kept getting goosebumps watching.

He said that now he can tell his son about the night he saw Jeter's number retired.

Pretty cool
Old 11 June 2017, 18:06
Confirmed User

Damn the Yankees are killin' it. Just swept the Orioles BIGLY...(you following this Shadow out where you are?) Two more homers for Judge...one went 495 feet.

I know the Astro's are seasoned, mature and real good.... but dang the Yanks might give them a run for their money.

Go YANKEES !!
Old 11 June 2017, 18:33
Problem Solver

Quote:

Damn the Yankees are killin' it. Just swept the Orioles BIGLY...(you following this Shadow out where you are?) Two more homers for Judge...one went 495 feet.

I know the Astro's are seasoned, mature and real good.... but dang the Yanks might give them a run for their money.

Go YANKEES !!
Of course I'm following our boys, 19MIKE - every step of the way! We've had Direct TV's MLB Extra Innings ever since it became available so we're able to watch every game, all season long. The Bombers looked almost invincible against the Orioles, outscoring them 38-8 over the three-game sweep but now we've got to turn right around and travel to Cali to begin a 7-game road trip against the Angels and the A's starting tomorrow. We're about 1/3 of the way through the season but if we can hold it together and stay healthy, I'm really liking our chances for ring #28 this year.

GO YANKEES!!!

Last edited by Shadow; 11 June 2017 at 18:50. Reason: Added omitted letter
Old 11 June 2017, 18:49
Confirmed User

Quote:
Of course I'm following our boys, 19MIKE - every step of the way! We've had Direct TV's MLB Extra Innings ever since it became available so we're able to watch every game, all season long. The Bombers looked almost invincible against the Orioles, outscoring them 38-8 over the three-game sweep but now we've got to turn right around and travel to Cali to begin a 7-game road trip against the Angels and the A's staring tomorrow. We're about 1/3 of the way through the season but if we can hold it together and stay healthy, I'm really liking our chances for ring #28 this year.

GO YANKEES!!!
WORD!

I'm taking my son to the stadium July 5th as a graduation gift....section 114 right field line. Can't wait!
Old 11 June 2017, 18:54
Problem Solver

Thumbs up

Quote:

...I'm taking my son to the stadium July 5th as a graduation gift....section 114 right field line. Can't wait!
An afternoon game against Toronto should be fun; maybe Judge will hit one even further than the 495-foot blast he crushed today.

Enjoy!

Old 14 July 2017, 14:53

Second half begins tonight, and before the Cubs even take the field they made a huge trade with the White Sox, something I never thought I'd see happen. Not so much on the Cubs part, but on the White Sox. They've always had a thing against trading with the north siders.

So the Cubs get Jose Quintana, a pretty good pitcher who will be under contract for several more years at a very reasonable price, but they gave up 4 of their best prospects, including Eloy Jimenez, an outfielder who's considered by many to be the best prospect in baseball right now.

Cubs gave up a lot, but they get a very good pitcher with resources left over to make some more moves before the deadline. I'm still confident they can turn their season around.

Of course, the only way into the playoffs for them will probably be to win the division, because the NL West right now has the 2 wild card spots locked up, barring some epic collapse in the 2nd half.

Play ball!

Our new posting rules