Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 11 October 2017, 17:43
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post

I wish I could smack the shit out of every player that said that. Someone else on this forum I believe said something like "imagine calling a black person a n****r, and when he gets mad, tell him you werent trying to offend him, that was just your method of getting peoples attention". I really wish I could remember who said it and exactly what was said. Many of these players may have college degrees, but are still clearly very unintelligent people.
I agree with you 100%!!

The whole shenanigan felt like they were protesting for protest sake rather than to actually resolve an issue.
Old 11 October 2017, 20:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I thought you posted it actually, I tried to find it but must have skipped it. Thanks for sharing again!
Old 11 October 2017, 21:57
Anesthetized User

Support SOCNET.
Old 16 October 2017, 11:07
Did...did I do that?

Two interesting events regarding Kaepernick.

Aaron Rodgers is out for the next 8 weeks or so with another broken collarbone. I didn't see the game, but this SI article suggests Hundley struggled a little as he stepped in and that maybe the Packers should call Kaepernick as Hundley's backup.

The other thing, mentioned both at SI and here at NBC, is that Kaepernick is filing a grievance alleging collusion to keep him from playing. If he proves collusion, that terminates the existing CBA and forces a renegotiation. THAT would be an Iinteresting" event.
Old 16 October 2017, 11:47
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
The other thing, mentioned both at SI andhere at NBC, is that Kaepernick is filing a grievance alleging collusion to keep him from playing. If he proves collusion, that terminates the existing CBA and forces a renegotiation. THAT would be an Iinteresting" event.
I find it highly entertaining that the head whiner is not crying like a baby because his plan backfired on him and he isn't finding the support he expected. He is finding that actions have consequences and his infantile mind can't deal with it. So, let's sue!
Old 16 October 2017, 12:10
Did...did I do that?

"Actions have consequences" cuts both ways. If the owners have colluded and conspired to keep him from being signed (in violation of the CBA), then they should be punished, shouldn't they?
Old 16 October 2017, 12:12
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
"Actions have consequences" cuts both ways. If the owners have colluded and conspired to keep him from being signed (in violation of the CBA), then they should be punished, shouldn't they?
Truthfully, I could care less about him. He never had a problem until he decided to become a one-man army of disrespect. Then his problems began. You want to be the spokesman, then don't complain when the lights shine on you. He was and is a whiny clown. Good luck with his collusion cry!
Old 16 October 2017, 12:13
Been There Done That

Or maybe just none of the coaches want a drama queen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16 October 2017, 12:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I find it highly entertaining that the head whiner is not crying like a baby because his plan backfired on him and he isn't finding the support he expected. He is finding that actions have consequences and his infantile mind can't deal with it. So, let's sue!
When it first started, his NFL career was coming to an end, and this "protest" was viewed as his attempt to keep his career alive. I dont really expect his grievance to be anything more than another attempt to keep his career alive, that he knows would have little to no chance of coming back if not for this.

Quote:
Is the NFL different than other businesses in the sense that they are not allowed to not employ someone who brings a negative outlook on their business? His actions have hurt the entire NFL, so I dont see where he has much ground to stand on. Not that the individual teams, and Gooddell havent allowed it to get out of hand.
Old 16 October 2017, 12:53
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Or maybe just none of the coaches want a drama queen?
Bam!

The day he signs a deal his new team's parking lot will be filled with satellite trucks as far as the eye can see! Their practice facility will be crammed full of reporters asking anyone and everyone the stupidest questions they can. Everyone entering or leaving the building will be accosted by reporters sticking mics in their face.

And if he is not put in immediately as the starter, holy hell!
Any sense of normalcy will be gone until he becomes the starter. Then, if he sucks, the team is stuck with him because benching or cutting him would surely bring the NFLPA, more satellite trucks, and Al Sharpton because of course, any team that cuts/benches him MUST be racist!

This genie cannot be put back in the bottle. FFS it's gone international now with a German team doing it "in support of the American NFL players". All these spoiled bitches do not realize they are only hurting Kapernick's chances of getting on a team by causing all this shit!
Old 16 October 2017, 13:00
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

If 32 owners and their front office personnel independently decided that signing a QB whose numbers were steadily in decline when he was playing, was reduced to being a backup before he wasn't rehired, and who brings more extraneous distractions than Tim Tebow ever did would appear to be a waste of money and more of a hindrance than help to their teams, then no collusion was present or even necessary. If teams that didn't know enough about him asked people on their staff who used to be on the staff at San Francisco what they thought, that is scouting, not collusion. The only way I could see collusion being proven is if there were official minutes of a meeting of owners where they agreed that nobody would hire him, and I doubt NFL owners are that specific flavor of stupid.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 October 2017, 13:02
Confirmed User

Let’s not forget this idiot opted out of the final year of his contract with the 49ers. He walked away from $14.5 million guaranteed to try and find a better, long term deal.

I have no doubt that some teams have refused to bring him in because of negative reaction from their fan base. But he wouldn’t be the first. Ray Rice is a much more talented player, but he has been damaged goods since the video of him beating his girlfriend.
Old 16 October 2017, 13:04
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
When it first started, his NFL career was coming to an end
Maybe, but he did walk away from $16M (I think that is how much) that he could have received from SF for sitting on the bench.

To me this is all about being a good or bad employee. He did all of this on company time and dime, which starts the moment he walks into the facility. He chose to use company time to protest on a national stage. No different than the play-by-play commentators on national TV protesting by shutting off their mics for an hour to support something. They would be fired. Just like a McDonald's cashier standing outside the store with protest signs while on the clock. They would be fired!
Old 16 October 2017, 14:45
Been There Done That

Take a look at Jimmy the Greek and what happened to him...now take a look at today's ESPN and what has been said about our Country and President--same standards applied by the sports media?
Old 16 October 2017, 14:54
Been There Done That

What about those Patriots?
I am so tired of hearing about that sniveling piece of shit Kaepernick.
Old 16 October 2017, 14:56
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Take a look at Jimmy the Greek and what happened to him...now take a look at today's ESPN and what has been said about our Country and President--same standards applied by the sports media?
Watched a great docu on JtG not long ago. I believe it was one of the 30 for 30 segments on ESPN. That poor guy's life was shattered beyond repair and he died broke and hungry!
Old 16 October 2017, 15:01
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Jimmy The Greek was vilified and it cost him is job.

I would like to say most people are apathetic, then again what people CHOOSE to be offended over depends on what news org. is available and how fast they can convey their offendedness (sic) on social media.

Support SOCNET.
Old 16 October 2017, 16:02

I WANT an NFL Team to sign that worthless POS. The League deserves everything they get at this point. As someone mentioned, the Genie is out of the bottle on this.
Old 16 October 2017, 16:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Watched a great docu on JtG not long ago. I believe it was one of the 30 for 30 segments on ESPN. That poor guy's life was shattered beyond repair and he died broke and hungry!
I've watched all of the 30 for 30 films. Very well made. The newest one (Year of the Scab) features the all picket line crossing Redskins. Eye opening and mad respect for those guys (who also got fucked when the strike was over). Give it a look (Cowboy fans will hate it )
Old 16 October 2017, 16:44
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
I've watched all of the 30 for 30 films. Very well made. The newest one (Year of the Scab) features the all picket line crossing Redskins. Eye opening and mad respect for those guys (who also got fucked when the strike was over). Give it a look (Cowboy fans will hate it )
That was a good one! Plus I remember it like it was yesterday!

Our new posting rules