Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 August 2017, 08:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
Im looking forward to the WVa- Va Tech game coming up in a few weeks. I love my college football.
My alma mater--ECU--plays both this year. Although ECU has beat both teams before, it ain't gonna happen this year.
Old 15 August 2017, 08:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Rhyno View Post
Go Cocks!!!
Old 15 August 2017, 09:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
As a South Carolina alum and (sadly) fan, I look forward to another season of being just barely good enough to make a low-rent bowl game by squeezing out wins over weak teams, being shamefully blown out by good ones, and in one or two games teasing a possible upset victory before finding a way to not quite pull it off.
South Carolina? It looks like you're describing Kentucky.

Old 15 August 2017, 11:10
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
I will pay them good money to beat NC State....
Did you watch many NC State games? The Browns picked up Matthew Dayes (RB) with the second to last pick of the draft and this kid is impressive. He seems on track to be our #3 RB.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 15 August 2017, 11:29
Confirmed User

ESPN will use the MegaCast for the opening of the season.......but on game that few will actually watch, OSU v Indiana.

LINK

Quote:
Given the critical and in-house praise for the Megacast—and with an eye toward getting momentum for the start of the college football season—ESPN executives have decided to implement a skinny Megacast for its opening broadcast of the college football season, Ohio State at Indiana on August 31 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Along with the main broadcast airing on ESPN, there will be six alternative presentations: a Coaches Film Room on ESPNews featuring former coaches Mack Brown, Mark Helfrich, and Gene Chizik, hosts Greg McElroy and Tom Luginbill and the ESPN debut of former LSU Coach Les Miles.

There will also be a homers’ broadcast on ESPNU (Dan Dakich will be the analyst for Indiana with play by play broadcaster Joe Tessitore); the debut of an All-22 broadcast (viewers can see the entire field from above the end zone) on ESPN3; a Skycam perspective on ESPN3, a DataCenter presentation on ESPN3, which features on-screen graphic content ranging from analytics, real-time drive charts, win probability updates, and curated social media reaction. ESPN will also employ Command Center on ESPN Goal Line, which is a split-screen with simultaneous multiple camera views.
Old 15 August 2017, 11:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Did you watch many NC State games? The Browns picked up Matthew Dayes (RB) with the second to last pick of the draft and this kid is impressive. He seems on track to be our #3 RB.
I did. I think they were very much on the verge of a breakout season last year. I think they can be very, very good this year. I would not be surprised to see them at the ACC championship.
Old 15 August 2017, 11:47
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I just checked Alabama's schedule, didn't realize that first up on their schedule is #2 Florida St. I'm going by the Sports Illustrated rank, I know that in many they're further down.

So we know for sure that at least one of the top 5 teams is going to lose right off the bat to start the season. Yipee.
Yeah but it's the first game of the season, and regardless of whether it's FSU or Alabama losing, they still have enough time to position themselves at the end of the season to make a run at it providing all of the stars are aligned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 15 August 2017, 12:03
Confirmed User

Interesting factoid, Bama just hired former FSU QB Chris Winke as an analyst... LINK
Old 15 August 2017, 14:20
Confirmed User

Coach Brian Kelly of ND better have his s**t together this season. Or it will be like Hawk Harreslon saying. He Gone!
Old 15 August 2017, 16:52
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Interesting factoid, Bama just hired former FSU QB Chris Winke as an analyst... LINK
My buddies and I were talking about Weinke at Bama last week. I'm stoked and would love to see him gain experience with Saban.

After the 98 loss to NC State, I was working at FSU while doing my grad work. Read about him receiving threats and nasty calls. Shot him an email and told him FIDO. I also told him he had Heisman trophy potential. He sent me a reply and said thanks he needed to hear that.

The next year I was sitting in Nawlins watching us win the 99 Championship ringing in the New Year and he had won the Hesiman. Later that night/morn they were all hammered singing "We are the champions" on Bourbon Street. Good times....

Wish him success and hope he eventually makes his way back to FSU.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv

Last edited by CTA; 15 August 2017 at 17:00.
Old 15 August 2017, 20:40
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
My alma mater--ECU--plays both this year. Although ECU has beat both teams before, it ain't gonna happen this year.
Yeah ECU is always a tough game. They have beat Tech when Tech had a good year.
its always a toss up. Tech has a new QB again this year so who knows how good they will be.
Old 15 August 2017, 22:27
Un-confirmed User

Geaux Tigers...hopefully Farmer Fran (Coach Ogeron) does a better job than Miles...
Old 16 August 2017, 09:15
Been There Done That

Well my boy is going to Virginia Tech this year so I guess I'll follow them now.

Candygram for Mongo!
Old 16 August 2017, 15:31
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Or, if you want to stir up some shit just for fun, declare your allegiance to VT's arch rival.

Game days will get a lot more interesting.
Old 17 August 2017, 08:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Or, if you want to stir up some shit just for fun, declare your allegiance to VT's arch rival.

Game days will get a lot more interesting.
Are you taking about UVA as our arch rival? They have not beat us in football since 2004 and only once since 99.
Miami and BC have become more rivals then UVA. Hell they started letting men go to UVA when they opened VMI up to women back in the mid 90s. So, now that I think about it, UVA's losing streak started when the women started going to VMI instead of UVA.

Go HOKIES!
Old 17 August 2017, 08:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F/COLT View Post
A Hell they started letting men go to UVA when they opened VMI up to women back in the mid 90s. So, now that I think about it, UVA's losing streak started when the women started going to VMI instead of UVA.

Go HOKIES!

We need a like button on this forum

Candygram for Mongo!
Old 17 August 2017, 10:59
Been There Done That

LETS GO...HOKIES!!!

Defense has a chance to be really special this year, and it's good every year. I trust Fuente and Cornelsen to put an above average offense on the field, not as good as last year but manageable. The new QB is RS Freshman Josh Jackson, never had a snap in a game yet but has two years in this offense and son to former long time Michigan RB coach Fred Jackson.

I think we'll win against WVU, they lost a lot on defense last year. However, the FedEx curse is true against us. Hopefully we can get that monkey off our backs.
Old 17 August 2017, 11:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhes160 View Post
LETS GO...HOKIES!!!

FedEx curse is true against us. Hopefully we can get that monkey off our backs.
True, pass interference was BS! I was there on the 20 yard line and it happened right in front of me. BS call! Same with Michigan, It was a catch!
Old 17 August 2017, 16:58
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F/COLT View Post
Are you taking about UVA as our arch rival? They have not beat us in football since 2004 and only once since 99.
Miami and BC have become more rivals then UVA. Hell they started letting men go to UVA when they opened VMI up to women back in the mid 90s. So, now that I think about it, UVA's losing streak started when the women started going to VMI instead of UVA.

Go HOKIES!
I'm not real familiar with which team is most anticipated on VT's schedule, unlike certain rivalries that seem to have endured, such as Michigan/Ohio State or ND vs USC, they've been playing each other for over 90 years.

That's like the Bears vs Packers, the oldest rivalry in the NFL.
Old 17 August 2017, 18:18
RIP Cass and SOTB

Go Clemson! I don't see a natty in our future this year due to the many offensive stars we lost. But, I think we make a strong run for the playoffs. But, I'll settle for beating FSU, LU, and USC.

Also, Go Dawgs!

Our new posting rules