Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 27 August 2017, 10:20
Adding Chlorine

Quote:
Originally Posted by assertnull View Post
It's officially a disaster - the toilets won't flush!
I can deal with a whole lot of shit, so long as I'm not dealing with a whole lot of shit.

Glad I have all these plastic bags. They shall be my toilet until Wednesday!
Up on the North side we have only had rains and barely a breeze, all told my rain gauge has recorded just under 11 inches and counting. Fortunately so far our sewer is functional.

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 27 August 2017, 11:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
I can deal with a whole lot of shit, so long as I'm not dealing with a whole lot of shit.

Take a bucket outside, fill it with rain water and dump it in the topside of your toilet. Boom, working toilet.
Old 27 August 2017, 12:19
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehalek View Post
Take a bucket outside, fill it with rain water and dump it in the topside of your toilet. Boom, working toilet.
C'mon, man! Let the guy shit in a bag.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 27 August 2017, 12:29
Confirmed User

Hahahaha! Maybe he still will, if for just our enjoyment!
Old 27 August 2017, 12:45
Adding Chlorine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehalek View Post
That only works if it was a "water service is down and no water for toilet to operate" situation. Most likely he meant "sewers are overflowing and it will back up into my house if I flush" situation. Hence the need to shit in a bag.

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 27 August 2017, 12:53
Confirmed User

Hopefully he will come back to clarify. I have dealt with backed up septic/sewers and wouldn't try to lead someone into that shituation.
Old 27 August 2017, 15:53
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Sounds like a real shit storm. Stay dry.
Old 27 August 2017, 16:10
The atomic zit

Quote:

I hope your sewer line has a backflow valve.

Shit's been known to run uphill in situations like this.

Hope you are high, dry, and not in too much shit!!!
Old 27 August 2017, 16:23
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by assertnull

If you have a wooden Chair CUT a hole in the middle big enough to fit your ass put a plastic bag in the center tack it or tape it in place. Home made toilet, or you can put the plastic bag, in your Toilet, just lift up the seat, put the bag in put the seat back down.
Old 27 August 2017, 16:37
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Now it's a party.

Stay safe down there.
Old 27 August 2017, 20:48
Confirmed User

assertnull: Bad News No Out side TOILETS were requested

During a National Incident Communication Conference Call on Hurricane Harvey yesterday, FEMA requested the Defense Department to provide a search and rescue package to the area. This consists of two planners, nine helicopters, two fixed wing aircraft and refuelers, and includes Para rescue teams to operate from Joint Reserve Air Force Base in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition, DoD was asked to provide 11 generators and 50,000 gallons of gas and 50,000 gallons diesel to Fort Hood, Texas.
Old 28 August 2017, 03:06
On the Extract Bird

PSA to assert (as if non flushing toilets weren't enough).

Also, if you need anything urgent, let me know. A really good friend of mine is with a state gov rescue agency currently working with USCG in the AO and I can get in touch/get you in touch with him if you are in a bind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2304.jpg (27.2 KB, 134 views)
Old 28 August 2017, 04:43
Authorized Personnel

SW Florida has had 5 days of rain, different system than what is happening in Texas. Those on septic are able to drive 2 minutes (higher ground) to take a shit.

On a positive side, the economy likes when rebuilding happens. When I lived in the Houston area (Cosby), I saw many areas that had to be grandfathered in as to code, so sometimes crap like this is a good thing, sort of like a good flush.

Plywood and drywall will double in price and insurance adjusters will be flooding area trying to screw as many as possible with a quick release signing.
Old 28 August 2017, 06:42
Been There Done That

More rain to come as Harvey moves closers to the gulf and picks up additional moisture.

Gas prices expected to rise 10-25 cents nationwide as all of our fucking refineries are in the same area.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 28 August 2017, 08:56
Drawing my cutlass

In the middle of this continuing natural disaster, one of the positive takeaways is the call by officials for those who can provide aid to their fellow citizens do so and they have in spades. This proves that it doesn't require specialized training to participate and that heeding a call is what makes America great.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 28 August 2017, 11:06
Confirmed User

Does anyone from SOCNET in that Area need anything? Water, canned good, blankets, batteries? I would be happy to donate and ship anything needed.
Old 28 August 2017, 14:49
Confirmed User

Still high and dry here. I'm an island of tolerable in a sea of miserable, though.

As to the toilets flushing - I still have water. It's not a mater of the toilets having water available to flush. It's a matter of, there's nowhere for the poop to go, there's no room in the sewers.

I've yet to have to shit in a bag, however. So that's good. We just have to make sure to hold in our poops until the street drains.

During a quiet time yesterday I went out to a flooded neighborhood and helped pull folks out of their homes. Just a bunch of us rednecks with lifted vehicles and rafts, it was a funny sight, I was the most "white collar" person there.

Cleared a couple of folks from a couple of streets, drove them back to a bridge, went in for more.

Not 30 minutes after I'd left to go home and clean the shit water off of myself, the bridge we'd used as a sort of "staging" area collapsed. (ETA that's a bridge over Beltway 8, a fairly major highway/loop here in Houston

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYT4qA9Av2w/

Pretty trippy, my truck (well, SUV) was parked right there. If I'd stayed around another 30 minutes, I'd have been a pink and red smear on the roadway below - fun times!

100 yards north of me the neighborhood is flooded. The roads allowing me to egress the area are flooded - I can get out, just have to destroy a few people's yards to do it.

TLDR: I'm still good, the worst crisis I've had thus far is running out of eggs and having to dip into my stash of Honeyville Farms powdered eggs.

I have a few months worth of food, plenty of plastic bags to shit in (if necessary), purification tablets, a ceramic katadyn filter, a smaller katadyn bottle, life straw, potassium permanganate, activated charcoal, all sorts of cool shit to give me a clean drinking water for many moons. I'm good. I'll stay good. But the rest of the city? Completely fucked.
Old 28 August 2017, 14:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
PSA to assert (as if non flushing toilets weren't enough).

Also, if you need anything urgent, let me know. A really good friend of mine is with a state gov rescue agency currently working with USCG in the AO and I can get in touch/get you in touch with him if you are in a bind.
Much appreciated.
Though I'm in a little Tanglewood townhome (W/NW of the Galleria), surrounded by the country club caste, I'm the last person they're going to loot - literally, either their target selection is poor because I'm a shitty haul, or, their target selection is poor because I'm armed to the teeth, and already annoyed by the 9 year old and 11 year old who are staying with me.

Compared to 99.99999% of the rest of the people in Houston, I'm living in the lap of luxury. Water, power, internet, TV, food, lots of meat, and an infertile vagina. I'm riding this thing out like a king.

ETA: guys, if any of yall are near the Galleria, and I can get to you, holler if you need anything. Just bear in mind I can do about 2 feet of water before my vehicle floods out (rough guess? 95 suburban on 35's, 6 inch lift?). It won't be comfy, but if you're flooded, it'll be a goddamn spa by comparison over here.
Old 28 August 2017, 14:58
Confirmed User

Glad to hear you are safe and sound! The pictures coming out of Houston are narly. So glad I didn't let the wife talk me into moving us there.
Old 28 August 2017, 15:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Still high and dry here. I'm an island of tolerable in a sea of miserable, though.

As to the toilets flushing - I still have water. It's not a mater of the toilets having water available to flush. It's a matter of, there's nowhere for the poop to go, there's no room in the sewers.
Yep...when I flush our toilet...the sink gurgles. I have some relatives bringing me 20 sandbags in a few minutes. The water got to within 20 feet of my front door and about 10 feet from my back door. We have caught the bad bands all night and day and we have a couple more days of it to go. To be honest...I'm tired of the rain. It has rained at my house every single day for the last month and the water has nowhere to go. However, the drains are seeming to drain -- just slowly.

I'll need a bush hog to cut my grass once it does stop raining.

Our new posting rules