Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 24 August 2017, 18:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
It could be that simple.

UFC may also be complicit as well. When Jones popped for cocaine before UFC 182 they let his fight go on. Naturally they wanted the pay off and burned him for the violation afterwards. This may be another example. If Jones popped on any earlier test did they wait till after the fight to make their money first?

Did that masking work on the previous 7 tests he had during 2017? Did the test after the fight show the same results?

Information on Turinabol, is that it stays in your system for over 200 days. It should be in the other tests then right?

The reporting raises more questions rather than settle the issue.
You would think it would be in the other tests unless he used 'roids after his last test or managed to mask the prior tests. And since was out of the UFC for quite awhile, they may not have tested him during that time period.

Given JJ's long layoff, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised if he did get some chemical assistance to get back into fighting shape.

Your suggestion of complicity by the UFC gets my suspicions aroused as well. Maybe they knew JJ is dirty and they wanted one more big pay day before they dump him.

If he does get a long suspension, or is dropped altogether, I wonder if he could move to Bellator? I don't know anything about his contract or if that's even a possibility for him to consider or to use as a threat.
Old 24 August 2017, 18:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
You would think it would be in the other tests unless he used 'roids after his last test or managed to mask the prior tests. And since was out of the UFC for quite awhile, they may not have tested him during that time period.

Given JJ's long layoff, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised if he did get some chemical assistance to get back into fighting shape.

Your suggestion of complicity by the UFC gets my suspicions aroused as well. Maybe they knew JJ is dirty and they wanted one more big pay day before they dump him.

If he does get a long suspension, or is dropped altogether, I wonder if he could move to Bellator? I don't know anything about his contract or if that's even a possibility for him to consider or to use as a threat.
He had 7 tests in 2017 prior to the failed test after weigh in. He also had another test immediately after the fight. If it isn't in any of the previous tests then it makes no sense at all to take this steroid before weigh in and 24 hours before the test after the fight. All championship fights are tested.

If it isn't in the post fight test then something is screwy.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 24 August 2017, 20:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
He had 7 tests in 2017 prior to the failed test after weigh in. He also had another test immediately after the fight. If it isn't in any of the previous tests then it makes no sense at all to take this steroid before weigh in and 24 hours before the test after the fight. All championship fights are tested.

If it isn't in the post fight test then something is screwy.
I completely agree. If the weigh in sample was positive and the post fight sample negative, something is screwy. The dates of collection for both of those samples are close enough to where the UFC should have the results on both.
Old 28 August 2017, 00:10
Confirmed User

The input of an industry expert certainly help Jones' alibi.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/2...lement-defense

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 28 August 2017, 00:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
The input of an industry expert certainly help Jones' alibi.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/2...lement-defense
Unless I missed something with my quick read, it doesn't seem to help with his alibi at all.

This a a copy and paste from the last sentence in that article:

"Ergo, my opinion that Jon Jones more than likely knew precisely what he was ingesting."

JJ used that same supplement excuse last time he tested dirty. I think his only hope is if the B sample tests clean, which is something Dana White said is highly unlikely.

Dana also said Jones is the best he's ever seen and doesn't need to use drugs.

It's really a shame. Jones could have been the UFC's marquee name. Hopefully the lab F'd up; but that doesn't seem likely.

ETA: It just occurred to me you meant to say, "doesn't help."

Last edited by Steve509; 28 August 2017 at 00:57.
Old 28 August 2017, 09:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
Unless I missed something with my quick read, it doesn't seem to help with his alibi at all.

This a a copy and paste from the last sentence in that article:

"Ergo, my opinion that Jon Jones more than likely knew precisely what he was ingesting."

JJ used that same supplement excuse last time he tested dirty. I think his only hope is if the B sample tests clean, which is something Dana White said is highly unlikely.

Dana also said Jones is the best he's ever seen and doesn't need to use drugs.

It's really a shame. Jones could have been the UFC's marquee name. Hopefully the lab F'd up; but that doesn't seem likely.

ETA: It just occurred to me you meant to say, "doesn't help."
I did mean to say exactly that. Thanks.

― Thomas Jefferson
Old 14 September 2017, 23:18
Confirmed User

Jones B sample also tested positive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...st-at-ufc-214/

Our new posting rules