Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 2 October 2017, 12:07
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamedic View Post
Prayers out friend.
If you need a thing PM me.
I'm local.
X2.

Condolences VAP.

Customer of mine has a daughter who attended the show. She was in close proximity to a woman who was shot and had blood splattered all over her.

My cousins attended the previous night.

I'm still reaching out to customers.

If anyone local needs a volunteer I'm in. Once the lines aren't so long I will head over to donate blood.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 2 October 2017, 12:08
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
My coworker was there for the concert. I don't know if he came back last night before, or stayed another day. He's not answering calls.
God speed to your coworker. Hope this turns out safe.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 2 October 2017, 12:12
Authorized Personnel

Skillery has already started her political rhetoric on gun control. She should shut her fucking mouth and fade off into obscurity.

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported Americanís 2nd Amendment rights butÖ "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:16
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post

If anyone local needs a volunteer I'm in. Once the lines aren't so long I will head over to donate blood.
My family and I are going to head over to UMC directly to donate.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:23
Authorized Personnel

Hold hard VAP and RIP to the fallen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 2 October 2017, 12:23
pumpin gas and kickin ass

Big thank you to the PD team that responded quickly and efficiently to this.

If any of the LE here know any of the folks on the force, tell them thank you, please.

Getting a raid put together and doing an emergency assault in the 32nd floor of any building requires a lot of hard work, thought and discipline on the front end, and the audio released so far indicates a high level of teamwork between all moving parts. Good job on the response!!

For the asshole that murdered the concert goers, I hope as a nation we come together and prove your hate and evil groundless.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:26
shiver me timbers

RIP to the fallen.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:27
Confirmed User

Thumbs down

Just a suggestion, but can we stop using this fucks name? POS etc should do.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:41
Callsign: Turkey Bacon

Media info claims;

-Shooter was formerly employed with either Lockheed or Martin Marieta in the late ‘80s.

-Held a private pilot’s license.

-Was an avid Hunter and gun enthusiast.

-Single but had a female companion (asian) as of this event.

-No known affiliations

I don’t know, but can anyone or has anyone been able to try and make a profile of this guy?, maybe former mil. or government service? He fits a broad range of the regular citizen amongst other regular citizens.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
The wife thinks I'm paranoid when I go into a store that is unknown to me because I look for other entrances, exits, restroom areas and employees areas only. I guess I'm not paranoid afterall.
First prayers to all those who were involved and RIP to all. I do the same thing! I also take note of How many people are inside, who is standing who is sitting, who is wearing heavy concealable clothing that doesn't match the environment, where are solid bearers for cover and a few other things. I do all this as I am walking in and before I sit if in a restaurant.

My wife also knows that when in a restaurant the seat I always must sit in is the one that faces the main entrance to any establishment. Once seated I will get up to go to the rest room to wash my hands but I always take the long way and do another closer look at who is in the space with me.

Call me paranoid but this all takes about 15-30 seconds to visually accomplish and well worth the effort if needed.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:45
Renuo Victima Esse

Until further notice, I'm going to go on the belief that he was simply an evil sac of pus that wanted to cause damage to a lot of innocent people who had nothing to do with his miserable existence. There isn't always a deep, dark secret to people's incredible depth of evil and stupidity.
Old 2 October 2017, 13:01
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCH View Post
I donít know, but can anyone or has anyone been able to try and make a profile of this guy?.
When this thread was in the LEO section there was a blurb about possible motive on the shooter's bookface page. I don't trust social media and people may lie on their profile, but this guy appeared similar to the dude that shot up a certain baseball field recently. Or maybe he just hates country music. Crazy people don't need reasons to be crazy. Motive is only worth speculation if there is the possibility that he was part of a larger group, inspired by a group to carry something out, or might serve as inspiration to others to copycat. I haven't seen anything like any of those things yet. Until then, he's not worth the attention that should be focused on first the wounded, then the survivors, then the dead. Kudos to the first responders, dispatchers, and ER staff for keeping this from being even worse.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 2 October 2017, 13:03
Authorized Personnel

Local guy

My girl friend works in the medical field in our very small town. One of the docs was there with her husband. He was killed while shielding her.

http://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-man-killed-in-country-music-festival-concert-in-las-vegas

Rest In Peace Hero.

Maas
Old 2 October 2017, 13:05
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
Skillery has already started her political rhetoric on gun control. She should shut her fucking mouth and fade off into obscurity.
She's not just running her mouth at an inappropriate time, but she's actually using this to campaign specifically against the silencer bill. It's not like there's probably still dead bodies on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
When this thread was in the LEO section there was a blurb about possible motive on the shooter's bookface page. I don't trust social media and people may lie on their profile, but this guy appeared similar to the dude that shot up a certain baseball field recently. Or maybe he just hates country music.
It sounds crazy, but he was there for 3 or 4 days and decided to attack right during the last set. There may very well be a reason for that.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 1.04.17 PM.png (39.6 KB, 426 views)

Last edited by Macka; 2 October 2017 at 13:25.
Old 2 October 2017, 13:09
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
She's not just running her mouth at an inappropriate time, but she's actually using this to campaign specifically abasing the silencer bill. It's not like there's probably still dead bodies on the ground.
Her, and those of her ilk, are simply scavengers who will come along and do their best to personally benefit from someone else's tragedy. This comes as no surprise to me that she would stoop to that level. It will certainly show were a large percentage of society stands if they choose not to condemn her for her behavior.
Old 2 October 2017, 13:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
She's not just running her mouth at an inappropriate time, but she's actually using this to campaign specifically abasing the silencer bill. It's not like there's probably still dead bodies on the ground.

It sounds crazy, but he was there for 3 or 4 days and decided to attack right during the last set. There may very well be a reason for that.
Even disregarding everything else that's wrong about what she's doing and how she's doing it, she's just plain wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnbzkMsgmM

The crowd doesn't seem to be fleeing to me, and how in the actual fuck would a silencer have changed anything?
Old 2 October 2017, 13:18
Authorized Personnel

Read one report that the shooter’s father was a bank robber who escaped some prison in Texas BID and was on the FBI’s most wanted list. His dad was categorized as psychopathic and eventually took his own life... maybe the crazy gene runs in the family.

ETA: Maas... sorry for your loss. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 2 October 2017, 13:25
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maas View Post
My girl friend works in the medical field in our very small town. One of the docs was there with her husband. He was killed while shielding her.

Rest In Peace Hero.

Maas
Indeed. Grace and peace to her family.
Old 2 October 2017, 13:30
Confirmed User

The lack of decorum drives me crazy....Thanks to "Spooky" whoever they are.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 1.28.54 PM.png (179.1 KB, 410 views)
Old 2 October 2017, 13:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
The lack of decorum drives me crazy....Thanks to "Spooky" whoever they are.
Purportedly that person who made the despicable comment is a teacher. Imagine my shock.

Our new posting rules